PDA

View Full Version : portrait mode images

Petrache Nicolae
May 6, 2012, 07:47 AM
hello. does anyone have a solution to make the script show images in portrait mode if that is how they are? right now we lose half of the image becouse the script doesn't handle this basic feature. thanks1920

Viktor
May 7, 2012, 04:54 AM
Hello Petrache Nicolae,

I have fixed it for you. Please check.

Petrache Nicolae
May 7, 2012, 05:40 AM
thanks but this is not what i asked. i asked other users if they have a solution wich will alow us to post a portrait image without beeing rotated and croped 50% by your script. your script deals just with landscape images wich is very bad since users do have portrait images and they lose half of the image becouse of this. and since you asked big money to fix this i decided to ask in the forum if someone has a solution to this problem.
your script is lovely but it has several things that are pretty bad as they are. petty

Viktor
May 7, 2012, 11:42 AM
Hello Nicolae,

I wonder images of what resolution do you users try uploading? What resolution do you want to set for thumbnails and for large images? or images should be rotated automatically?

Petrache Nicolae
May 7, 2012, 12:01 PM
the size of the images does not matter

the portrait.jpg is ok (not cut off).but, as it is, your script cuts off from the portrait image. we lose 50% of it so instead of the complete bird we have just the head and part of the body or body and foot. not the whole image. this is a big minus for your script

Viktor
May 7, 2012, 01:15 PM
Hello Nicolae,

We will discuss about it with our developers and may be this function will be integrated in the system in new version.

Petrache Nicolae
May 7, 2012, 01:36 PM
that would be great

Hari Georgiev
May 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
I too have same problem and when upload vertical (portrait) photos, your script cut almost half of picture. I have disabled in admin cropped, but still continue cutting. Please flynax team fix this problem as soon as possible

Chukwudi Moses
May 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
Well... the issue is not unique to just you two. I think that is what flynax classified script does. But my question is that, cann't this be fixed easily because it is not a bug. Please flynax TECH team, you guys should look into this. ThNKS,you guys stil and always remain the BEST.

Petrache Nicolae
May 11, 2012, 09:34 PM
Well... the issue is not unique to just you two. I think that is what flynax classified script does. But my question is that, cann't this be fixed easily because it is not a bug. Please flynax TECH team, you guys should look into this. ThNKS,you guys stil and always remain the BEST.

no. this is not a bug. it is just a very important feature wich they didn't take into account when they made this script.
another one, for me at least, is a user ban via the ip to prevent that user from creating new accounts. we do not have any means to stop a user from creating a new account if he scamed peoples. at least with this we can have a certain advantage. not perfect, but still better than nothing

or at least have a type of feedback system in wich other users (who purchased goods from a seller) give him a feedback -something similar like ebay for instance, to set apart the good sellers than the poor ones (comments plugin is usefull at a degree in this area but can be improved).

another one would be mass import for users, so that they can upload 10-100 ads at a time. ading 100 ads it is time consuming

this script is well made and has lots of good things. it needs just some features added or remade to make it perfect. in their place, i would propose a list of features or listed what the buyers want and make a pool with those option and start working on the most wanted features.

Viktor
May 12, 2012, 07:14 AM
Hello,

no. this is not a bug. it is just a very important feature wich they didn't take into account when they made this script.
another one, for me at least, is a user ban via the ip to prevent that user from creating new accounts. we do not have any means to stop a user from creating a new account if he scamed peoples. at least with this we can have a certain advantage. not perfect, but still better than nothing

New next version or may be after 1 version this feature will be integrate in flynax product.

or at least have a type of feedback system in wich other users (who purchased goods from a seller) give him a feedback -something similar like ebay for instance, to set apart the good sellers than the poor ones (comments plugin is usefull at a degree in this area but can be improved).

another one would be mass import for users, so that they can upload 10-100 ads at a time. ading 100 ads it is time consuming

this script is well made and has lots of good things. it needs just some features added or remade to make it perfect. in their place, i would propose a list of features or listed what the buyers want and make a pool with those option and start working on the most wanted features.

Yes you are right it's good features we thought about it already :). After some times (may be 1 month or some more) we will create this plugin. Please wait.

Petrache Nicolae
May 12, 2012, 07:37 AM
that will be great. for the feedback part i think the proper solution would be to make it like on ebay, meaning users who want to buy a certain item need to have an account, click on a button like Buy, and for that transaction can leave a feedback (comment + rating) wich should show in the details of that user. the seller should have the posibility to post a response and in case of problems between buyer and seller we should have the posibility to delete a feedback (after we receive proofs like shipping papers etc). this should be in the same package with ip ban to work properly. this feature is important for the script becouse will build a confindece sistem between buyers/sellers.

Hari Georgiev
May 26, 2012, 04:12 PM
I think that you flynax guys forgot what is this topic about! We have concrete problem and waiting your solution. This is important for more from your customers i think.
"I too have same problem and when upload vertical (portrait) photos, your script cut almost half of picture. I have disabled in admin cropped, but still continue cutting. Please flynax team fix this problem as soon as possible"

Regards

Petrache Nicolae
July 4, 2012, 03:42 PM
can you tell us if the crop issue will be solved in the new version of flynax wich will be released?

the java crop wich you use allows quite many things - http://deepliquid.com/projects/Jcrop/demos.php
your script should detect automatic if a picture is in portarait mode or in landscape and adjust the crop to fit it (right now is loked to landscape crop). we should have a fixed side of the image (let's say width) and a auto size for the heighs wich should fit by leaving white spaces in left and right side of the image. this will solve one big problem of the script.

Mohamed Husain
July 8, 2012, 05:36 PM
I am facing same issue too.

Did any one find work around fix for it?

John
July 14, 2012, 09:30 AM
Hello Guys,
I would like reply regarding photos cropping module, we have improved it and you will have it in next software update.
How new system works? Simple, system will place photo on white background and do not crop (depends of settings in AP).

Regarding prevents user to post listings and banning by IP, maybe you should test this plugin:
http://www.flynax.com/plugins/autoregprevent.html

John

Petrache Nicolae
July 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
Hello Guys,
I would like reply regarding photos cropping module, we have improved it and you will have it in next software update.
How new system works? Simple, system will place photo on white background and do not crop (depends of settings in AP).

Regarding prevents user to post listings and banning by IP, maybe you should test this plugin:
http://www.flynax.com/plugins/autoregprevent.html

John

Hello John
1.hope that the new crop will fix our problems. thanks.
CAN YOU PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS TO FIX THIS ISSUE BEFORE YOU RELEASE THE NEW VERSION OF SCRIPT? THAT MAY TAKE A WILE AND MANY OF US WOULD APRECIATE HAVING IT WORKING OK SOONER.

2.i belive that all of us wanted a "in house" system, meaning that we, as administrators, when we receive proofs that can lead to a ip ban, can place that ip in a list and the system would not allow it to create a new account unless we remove that ip from the banned list.
your addon allows us to ban an ip at http://www.stopforumspam.com/add but the decision in the end belongs to that website, not to us. is like asking others to take care of "our problem" instead of taking care ourself.

Cammie Bradford
July 25, 2012, 04:20 PM
Hello John
1.hope that the new crop will fix our problems. thanks.
CAN YOU PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS TO FIX THIS ISSUE BEFORE YOU RELEASE THE NEW VERSION OF SCRIPT? THAT MAY TAKE A WILE AND MANY OF US WOULD APRECIATE HAVING IT WORKING OK SOONER.

Hi,

yet, it will be cool if you can provide a fix for the cropping issue here! I also need a fix for this asap! Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

John
August 3, 2012, 06:36 AM
Hello guys,
Here the fix regarding cropping problem:
- Go to /includes/classes/ and open rlResize.class.php for edit
- find function named: function _resize($numWidth, $numHeight){ ... }
- and replace with this:

function _resize($numWidth, $numHeight){
global $config;

switch ($this->arrOriginalDetails['mime']){
case 'image/gif':
//GIF image
$this->resResizedImage = imagecreate($numWidth, $numHeight);
break;

case 'image/png':
//PNG image
$this->resResizedImage = imagecreatetruecolor($numWidth, $numHeight);
imagealphablending($this->resResizedImage, false);
imagesavealpha($this->resResizedImage, true);

break;

default:
//JPG image
$this->resResizedImage = imagecreatetruecolor($numWidth, $numHeight);

break;
}

/* create white background */
$white = imagecolorallocate($this->resResizedImage, 255, 255, 255);
imagefill($this->resResizedImage, 0, 0, $white);

//update the image size details
$this -> updateNewDetails();

$resize_method = function_exists('imagecopyresampled') ? 'imagecopyresampled' : 'imagecopyresized';

//do the actual image resize
if ( !$config['img_crop_module'] && !$this -> boolProtect )
{
if ( ($this->arrOriginalDetails[0] / $this->arrOriginalDetails[1]) >= ($numWidth / $numHeight) )
{
// by width
$nw = $numWidth;
$nh = $this->arrOriginalDetails[1] * ($numWidth / $this->arrOriginalDetails[0]);
$nx = 0;
$ny = round(abs($numHeight - $nh) / 2);
}
else
{
// by height
$nw = $this->arrOriginalDetails[0] * ($numHeight / $this->arrOriginalDetails[1]);
$nh = $numHeight;//???
$nx = round(abs($numWidth - $nw) / 2);
$ny = 0;
}

$resize_method($this->resResizedImage, $this->resOriginalImage, $nx, $ny, 0, 0, $nw, $nh, $this->arrOriginalDetails[0], $this->arrOriginalDetails[1]);
}
else
{
$resize_method($this->resResizedImage, $this->resOriginalImage, 0, 0, 0, 0, $numWidth, $numHeight, $this->arrOriginalDetails[0], $this->arrOriginalDetails[1]);
}

//saves the image
$this->saveImage();

$this -> destroyImage();
}

John

Petrache Nicolae
August 3, 2012, 07:03 AM
Hello guys,
Here the fix regarding cropping problem:
- Go to /includes/classes/ and open rlResize.class.php for edit
- find function named: function _resize($numWidth, $numHeight){ ... }
- and replace with this:

John

for me seems to not work. i have disabled crop by clients and same thing.

John
August 3, 2012, 11:43 AM
Hello Nicolae,
You should disable main crop module as well, means both crop options should be disabled.

John

Petrache Nicolae
August 3, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hello Nicolae,
You should disable main crop module as well, means both crop options should be disabled.

John

hello. i have Automatic cropping and Cropping by users disabled. it is the first thing i have done

Peter Jonsson
August 4, 2012, 07:07 AM
When you guys look into this you should fix the croping to. The image quality are bad when we look on the big picture.

I guess this is to save place on our servers ? but i would like to have better quality on the pictures.

Chris Brown
August 4, 2012, 07:22 AM
When you guys look into this you should fix the croping to. The image quality are bad when we look on the big picture.

I guess this is to save place on our servers ? but i would like to have better quality on the pictures.

There is an image quality in configurations- image settings, think its set at 85% as standard, u may be able to increase that....unless you already have :D

Petrache Nicolae
August 4, 2012, 07:44 AM
hello. did you installed the fix to solve the crop issue? i am curious if is just me who is not lucky to have it working. thanks

Cammie Bradford
August 4, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hello,

i have installed the fix and disabled both crop options. But nothing changed, there is still the crop issue...

Petrache Nicolae
August 4, 2012, 10:41 AM
Hello,

i have installed the fix and disabled both crop options. But nothing changed, there is still the crop issue...

thanks for confirming this. hope the flynax team will have a solution soon.

Cammie Bradford
August 4, 2012, 10:48 AM
Hi,

maybe it is a bug in disabling cropping feature. Because before i installed the fix, i had disabled both crop options too, but after uploading pictures, they still where cropped...

Cammie Bradford
August 6, 2012, 07:50 AM
Hi to flynax support,

can you check this issue please and post a working fix for this soon? This is the only "bug" to fix i am waiting for, before i can go online with my site... Thank you very much!

Best regards

Cammie Bradford
August 7, 2012, 06:04 AM
Hello flynax support, any news?

Petrache Nicolae
August 10, 2012, 07:34 PM
has anyone managed to successfully apply the instructions so we stop cropping the images? thanks

Petrache Nicolae
August 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
i have replaced 3 files with the ones from the new script:
includes/controllers/add_photo.inc.php
includes\classes\rlCrop.class.php
includes\classes\rlResize.class.php
and now, it works ok. images are not croped.
in admin, both crop options has to be disabled

Hari Georgiev
December 6, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hello,
i have try all your instructions but still not work. Portrait images are still cropping automatic and we lost half of details in pictures. I can't believe that your programmers can't resolve this issue. This topic is open Mar 2012, but still is not resolved. You see that so many people ask for this, so please, please find solution for us, your customers.

Mike
December 7, 2012, 12:13 PM
If i understand it right you have to apply my changes as i described here

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?561-Resize-by-height