PDA

View Full Version : Make "Publish My Email" optional

QuickRon
December 26, 2016, 08:42 PM
Personally, I've never understood the need for the "Publish My Email" feature. Besides the fact that we want site visitors to use the internal messaging system, there's also the security issue of publishing people's emails on the site.

For a future update, can you consider making "Publish My Email" optional, with a switch in settings where can turn it on or off?

Thanks
Ron

Wei Hong
December 27, 2016, 07:23 AM
You can hide it in template. So member won't be able to check it.

QuickRon
December 27, 2016, 12:18 PM
Which template, Wei?

And what's the code to comment out or remove?

QuickRon
December 27, 2016, 01:29 PM
Okay. It's found in:

tpl > controllers > registration.tpl > div class="options"

Wei Hong
December 27, 2016, 04:48 PM
Okay. It's found in:

tpl > controllers > registration.tpl > div class="options"

yep. You found it

Sebastian Galek
July 22, 2018, 08:46 AM
Is it in the current version optional or does I still have to edit the template code to deactivate the feature "publish my email" ?

Wei Hong
July 22, 2018, 11:31 AM
Is it in the current version optional or does I still have to edit the template code to deactivate the feature "publish my email" ?

you still need to follow the above suggestion to remove it in the current version.

Jose luis Lau cruz
October 3, 2019, 05:08 AM
What is Publish My email for? Where does it get published?

Wei Hong
October 3, 2019, 06:00 AM
What is Publish My email for? Where does it get published?

it publishes in user's listing detail page, user's page, pretty much all pages that show user username that visitor can see

QuickRon
October 3, 2019, 12:59 PM
I really don't understand why they still offer this feature or, at the least, why they don't make it optional. Frankly, it shouldn't even be an option, given the security risk it poses with phishers, scrapers and harvesters out there.