PDA

View Full Version : Data Entries Import Plugin

David
April 27, 2012, 10:24 AM
The Plugin is designed for importing field options (data items) to Data Entries in xls, csv or txt format.

After importing options with the Plugin you will be able to bind a field with imported options (after importing numerous field options you will have to go back to Listing Fields, add or edit a field, which you wanted to bind with a particular data entry, by using Bind with Data Entries function; once bound all newly imported field options will show up under a particular field in the user interface).

The Plugin offers two modes for importing field options:

1. New: adds a new data entry and imports data items into a newly added entry in xls, csv or txt format.

- Select New;
- Add a name for a new data entry;
- Select an order type;
- Browse a file in the appropriate format;
- Upload

2. Existing: imports data items in xls, csv or txt format into an existing data entry posted under Data Entries.

- Select Existing;
- Select a data entry to import options into;
- Upload.

Sui soon Chua
February 18, 2013, 05:02 PM
Note: Prepare the Name value, Flynax plugin will take care the rest.

E.g. Color Type in Data entries

your value in csv file should look like this :

Color
Red
Blue
Green
Yellow
Black
White

** The Plugin will import and take from Red -> White

ver. 1.1.0

Petrache Nicolae
December 21, 2013, 08:55 PM
The Plugin is designed for importing field options (data items) to Data Entries in xls, csv or txt format.

After importing options with the Plugin you will be able to bind a field with imported options (after importing numerous field options you will have to go back to Listing Fields, add or edit a field, which you wanted to bind with a particular data entry, by using Bind with Data Entries function; once bound all newly imported field options will show up under a particular field in the user interface).

The Plugin offers two modes for importing field options:

1. New: adds a new data entry and imports data items into a newly added entry in xls, csv or txt format.

- Select New;
- Add a name for a new data entry;
- Select an order type;
- Upload

2. Existing: imports data items in xls, csv or txt format into an existing data entry posted under Data Entries.

- Select Existing;
- Select a data entry to import options into;
- Upload.

in general, flynax plugins are quite easy to configure. in general....in some cases there is 0 details what to do. let's take this plugin for example. did flynax team made a instruction page step by step on what to add in xls, csv or txt format (Browse a file in the appropriate format;)? nope....do we have an sample export file so we can see exactly what are we supposed to do? nope....

so, exactly how are we supposed to use this? PLEASE PROVIDE DETAILED EXAMPLE OR SAMPLE FILE! Thanks

Wei Hong
December 22, 2013, 12:57 AM
I'm also interested in this feature. Actually, I want to change my type from realty to general and would like to keep my data entries after I reinstall. How do I do this?

Petrache Nicolae
December 22, 2013, 08:32 AM
I'm also interested in this feature. Actually, I want to change my type from realty to general and would like to keep my data entries after I reinstall. How do I do this?

I have applied what Sui soon Chua said except that i didn't add the first row as the name of the 1-st level

nirvano
December 29, 2015, 09:07 PM
Give us an example of a CSV file to use this plugin

Ramiz Esati
January 19, 2016, 08:21 PM
what about when I use differnts language e.g. if I would input the colors, that means I should do its for english and germant in one xls file. Could you please make an example?

Wei Hong
September 25, 2017, 11:15 AM
Would someone know how to use this plugin please upload an example for it?

Also will it work with 2 languages?

Wei Hong
April 30, 2019, 03:47 PM
Hi,

Can we have a sample file to use with this plugin? Can we go as detail as having: 2 languages, keys, path, name?

Rudi
May 3, 2019, 10:53 AM
Hi,

Can we have a sample file to use with this plugin? Can we go as detail as having: 2 languages, keys, path, name?

Hello,

You should use .txt file with entry names only divided by comma or by line breaks

unfortunately, it doesn't support multilanguage

I hope we'll add it in the next version