PDA

View Full Version : 4.5.1 Categories ?

Pete Young
September 17, 2016, 02:04 PM
In the new version I am trying to get categories / sub categories to show in the home page menu as in 4.5 but it on seems to show category and not any sub categories at all ? and for love or money can not get any sub categories to show.

It almost seems like the listing type is acting at the category and any category is acting like a sub ?

also I have turned of all but one listing type and any category listing that did show all disappear ? do not work unless I have at least 2 listing types as active ?

Curtis
September 17, 2016, 02:52 PM
Hello Pete,

I think you need to create a ticket with this problem.
If it's a bug in software that it must be fixed in core at first.

Pete Young
September 17, 2016, 11:38 PM
Thank you Curtis will do.

Wei Hong
September 18, 2016, 04:30 AM
Would you mind sharing the fix here?

Curtis
September 18, 2016, 03:43 PM
Would you mind sharing the fix here?

Hi Wei Hong,

Yes, of course. I'll add the fix here.

Vitalii Nikitchuk
September 20, 2016, 10:21 AM
have the same problem

Pete Young
September 20, 2016, 11:47 AM
Ticket has been lodged and a reply saying that it is being worked on soon, so a fix is near

Viktor
September 20, 2016, 12:59 PM
Hello All,

Would you please use following solution:

open file: ftp://templates>>your_template>>tpl>>blocks>>categories_block.tpl
and add code in top of file:

{if !$box_listing_type_key}
{assign var='box_listing_type_key' value=$block.Key|replace:'ltcb_':''}
{/if}

then find code at line ~17

{foreach from=$box_categories item='cat' name='fCats'}

and replace to:

{foreach from=$box_categories.$box_listing_type_key item='cat' name='fCats'}

save and check again.

Pete Young
September 21, 2016, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the Fix, is there a way we can select for the subcategories to word wrap as before rather than being in a line ?

Viktor
September 21, 2016, 01:45 PM
Hello Pete,

Would you please explain me better how do you want to show subcategories? Show me on screenshot please if possible.

Pete Young
September 21, 2016, 02:08 PM
Hello Viktor, To look like this \/

Atlases & Maps, Calendars, Children's Books,
Comics, Fiction Books, Magazines,
Newspapers, Non Fiction Books

Not \/

Atlases & Maps
Calendars
Children's Books
Comics
Fiction Books
Magazines
Newspapers
Non Fiction Books

So that we can reduce the depth of the category block and make more efficient use of the space please.

Viktor
September 21, 2016, 02:14 PM
Hello Pete,

Go to ftp://templates>>your_template>>css>>style.css

find line at line ~4692

.categories .sub_categories > span:not(:last-child) {
padding: 0 0 5px 0;
display: block;
}

and remove: display: block;

and below create new code:

.categories .sub_categories > span:not(:last-child):after {
content: ', ';
}

save and check again.

Pete Young
September 22, 2016, 12:34 AM
Thanks Viktor, works great

Pete Young
September 29, 2016, 12:04 PM
I am a little confused I thought that flynax had fixed this bug, I then get an email pointing me to here ? that ok i suppose but I then see tonight that my categories had disapeared ? so i logged in and it seems an extra listing type was activated ? either by bug or manual, so I have enabled a few categories and now everything has disapeared, so if it has been fixed it is no longer fixed ?

I hope somebody at flynax can get the site to a point where I can work on it please ?

this update has now taken weeks and still not get to do any work ?

yes I have sent the ticket back but not sure who is doing what or when

Pete Young
September 30, 2016, 01:57 PM
I wonder how long it will take for my site to work properly ? I wait and I wait.

Wei Hong
October 1, 2016, 05:32 AM
if your categories disappeared, it is mostlikely a template issue, try downloading a fresh template on flynax server and user it to see if categories show properly. If it still persist, a ticket is the next step. I'm also on 4.5.1, it is better than 4.5 and less stable than 4.4.1. But it has new features, so ...

Pete Young
October 1, 2016, 11:53 AM
if your categories disappeared, it is mostlikely a template issue, try downloading a fresh template on flynax server and user it to see if categories show properly. If it still persist, a ticket is the next step. I'm also on 4.5.1, it is better than 4.5 and less stable than 4.4.1. But it has new features, so ...

I have a ticket in the system, this was supposed to be simple paid for upgrade, that is almost a month if not older and still not resolved, getting to a point where you have to wonder what is going on as this is past being a little funny now.

Pete Young
October 5, 2016, 12:29 PM
if your categories disappeared, it is most likely a template issue, try downloading a fresh template on flynax server and user it to see if categories show properly. If it still persist, a ticket is the next step. I'm also on 4.5.1, it is better than 4.5 and less stable than 4.4.1. But it has new features, so ...

It has nothing to do with a template issue, still waiting to get things fixed and was told settings / code have been put back to fix the problem, so as it stands if you want one listing type you can edit your code and if you down the line want to add a listing type you have to go in and edit your code back, plus you will loose all of your sub categories, site layout and function in the process.

I am also concerned about words to the effect that if so failure to your mobile version can or may occur ? "I can display subcategories but they can to broke mobile version." maybe that means if they add sub cats to more than listing type ? who knows

So for a new version that promotes itself on running multiple listing types it seems none of it still works properly unless every customer goes in and plays around in their coding to make changes, and you loose sub cats and possible mobile options? where is any of that in the write up ?

And I still have a site I cant use, what a great update, I really wish flynax would not use people to be guinea pigs on testing there updates but release beta versions for people to trial if they so wish and release and alpha bug free version when it works, if a normal dufus like me falls over such a basic bug, and remember this was the big use multiple listing type version upgrade, the number one upgrade feature, what testing is even being done at all for an upgrade of versions.

So for people wanting to make these changes, brush up on your coding skills and make the changes in or out from Viktors guide, happy days.

yes not happy Jan is best to describe how I feel right now.

Pete Young
October 5, 2016, 12:49 PM
Hello Viktor can you give me a quick screen shot of where to place this code as I have ended up with errors as below so it seems I am doing something wrong ?

Thanks Pete

---

System error occurred

Smarty error: [in blocks/categories_block.tpl line 112]: syntax error: unexpected {else} (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 497)
line# 1095
file: /home/trtr8073/public_html/libs/smarty/Smarty.class.php
PHP version: 5.3.29
System error occurred

Smarty error: [in blocks/categories_block.tpl line 114]: syntax error: mismatched tag {/if}. expected {/foreach} (opened line 18). (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 2357)
line# 1095
System error occurred

Smarty error: [in blocks/categories_block.tpl line 114]: syntax error: unclosed tag \{if} (opened line 8). (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 328)
line# 1095

Viktor
October 5, 2016, 02:14 PM
Hello Pete,

I cannot fix it here. Can you create a ticket with your problem and we will try to solve it there. Because you created this bug and I don't know what is wrong with code.

Pete Young
October 6, 2016, 10:46 AM
Hello Pete,

I cannot fix it here. Can you create a ticket with your problem and we will try to solve it there. Because you created this bug and I don't know what is wrong with code.

I beg your pardon Viktor ?I created this bug ? what are you talking about I have not created anything, this is a flynax error, and what I have asked for is a screen shot of your code to fix the problem as when I do what you have said it gives an error so I must be doing something wrong with your instructions so I want to see what your instructions are supposed to look like.

This is really grinding me now, it is my fault that your flynax does not work properly is a whole new level of blame and now on your customers ? i shake my head

Viktor
October 6, 2016, 11:46 AM
Hello Pete,

Very strange, Because I don't see any errors on your site.

I suggest you create a ticket anyway.

Pete Young
October 6, 2016, 11:56 AM
I will submit a ticket Viktor I am sure we are mis understanding each other, I will do it now.

Tariq hamed Ahmed
October 14, 2016, 04:29 PM
Hello,

The fix solve 50% of the issue. Now Only one listing tpe category is show but not more then this. Would you please help to show all the listing types just like the demo?

Thank you for the support.

Tariq hamed Ahmed
October 14, 2016, 06:35 PM
Hello Again,

In my website the home page show as the image attached.
Its show Only One Listing Type with all its sub categories. and If I enable the second listing type, only one will show.

In your website its show all the listing types and Only its main categories.

Where can I fix this view please? it will be great if you can help me make my home page like the one show in your demo.

I'm using the latest version on local host.

Thank you,
Tariq

http://forum.flynax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1886&stc=1

Curtis
October 15, 2016, 04:27 AM
Hello Tariq,

You need be sure that all listing types have configured the Additional category box in home page.
They must be appear in home page and in same position.

http://forum.flynax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1888&stc=1