PDA

View Full Version : Post your site ?

Mohammed Al-sabah
April 23, 2012, 04:17 AM
Hi all can we start a post your site thread? we can all learn from each other and make our sites even better?

this is mine

just started a few days ago nothing on it tho still figuring things out before we go live :)

www.z-cars.com ( Auto Clas Script )

Chris Brown
April 23, 2012, 05:03 AM
Mines in the flynax portfolio page

Mohammed Al-sabah
April 23, 2012, 07:34 AM
sweet which one is it ? :)

Mohammed Al-sabah
April 23, 2012, 07:40 AM
guessing http://motoradsuk.co.uk/? if so i so need your help :)

Chris Brown
April 23, 2012, 03:13 PM
Yes thats correct :D Still lots to do tho,

Mohammed Al-sabah
April 23, 2012, 05:08 PM
Chris, Quick QS, please go to www.z-cars.com see in the middle where you see Boat make/Model and Bike Make / Model i can't figure out how to make it display the categories (your fav word) i tried everything my little brain can think off :)

Chris Brown
April 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
go to admin panel
listing types
click to edit either bikes or boats
scroll down to you see additional category box
then there you can choose position, choose number of columns, choose how many to display etc

Mohammed Al-sabah
April 23, 2012, 05:23 PM
Done that, just talked to Live support .. she told me that i can't do it from the admin panel.. a developer needs to do it... hmm

Chris Brown
April 23, 2012, 05:32 PM
strange, sure thats what i did

Mohammed Al-sabah
April 23, 2012, 05:39 PM
i duped every setting under the main auto make/model but i think the key is in the Content box under Auto it has the word Listings if i put that in the boat/bike it only shows you whatever you type there as you can see.. so thats the secret i think. i tried typing boats and bikes no go... guess i need to figure out the right word :)

Chris Brown
April 23, 2012, 05:59 PM
so you think its to do with the content box? and you have change the word in the content?

Mohammed Al-sabah
April 23, 2012, 06:03 PM
yup i think thats the key, i tried copy/past the word thats under the orig box it was listings and that didn't work :P so guess there is something else out there..

Chris Brown
April 23, 2012, 06:09 PM
make sure the content box type is set as 'smarty' and the content may be the *key of the listing type (well it is on mine) if that dont work i am not sure

Mohammed Al-sabah
April 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
yup tried all that with no luck will submit a ticket :)