February 17, 2010, 09:36 AM
Hi,

I have 2 questions:

(1) What is "Custom Categories" for?

When I clicked on "Custom Categories," I will receive this message:

admin panel > Custom categories

Custom categories

Custom categories module disabled, go to: Admin Panel

But when I clicked on Admin Panel, I can't find the Custom categories module mentioned above. Where can I enable the custom categories?

(2) I want to create main categories according to the name of countries, and sub-categories according to states and cities. But I also want to create main categories that is named according to the item sold at different places e.g. food type, etc.

So, an item e.g. Japanese food can be under Japanese food category and Los Angeles and Tokyo sub-categories.

I have seen this at some classified websites. Can this be done with Flynax classified software?

If this cannot be done, I hope this can be done in the future as I intend to buy more software from you.

Thanks.

Mike
February 17, 2010, 11:44 AM
Hello Daniel,

(1) What is "Custom Categories" for?

This function gives ability for users add missing categories.
If user can't find appropriate category, he can add category and listing in this new category.
Then administrator need to approve this category

When I clicked on "Custom Categories," I will receive this message:
Custom categories module disabled, go to: Admin Panel
But when I clicked on Admin Panel, I can't find the Custom categories module mentioned above. Where can I enable the custom categories?
Go to Admin Panel>>Configurations>>Categories and enable 'Add categories through front-end' there.
You need then edit necessary categories to allow categories adding to them

(2) I want to create main categories according to the name of countries, and sub-categories according to states and cities. But I also want to create main categories that is named according to the item sold at different places e.g. food type, etc.

So, an item e.g. Japanese food can be under Japanese food category and Los Angeles and Tokyo sub-categories.

Unfortunately it can not be done without changes in code.. But we like your idea and have few similar request , so we decided to implement plugin which will allow such things, we will add this plugin in our todo list.
I think plugin will be ready in 2-3month