PDA

View Full Version : no more tree catagories listing for add listing page 1st step

Jermaine Rivera
February 21, 2012, 04:26 AM
is their a way to change the tree to a dropdown for my catagories? I tried to do this in html but it would not work because of so many files being connected to this please help.

Chris Brown
February 25, 2012, 06:12 PM
yeah i have that many catagories on my site that i am thinking i may need something similar

Mike
May 7, 2012, 12:08 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for late answer, think Jermaine sorted it our already. In case not or somebody want something similar: it's possible only with customization for now.

It's possible to replace tree with one dropdown or maybe better to place there 2 or 3 dropdowns (same with number of category levels you have on website ). But anyway for me seems better to have tree as there is enough space for the category tree.

If you want put categories selection in the listing form directly it's harder a bit, because in this case we should have the same fields for all categories or implement ajax function which will reload the fields depending on choosed category.

Anyway no public solution for now as there are too many changes.

But we always ready to implement something usefull if lot of people want it :)
Just in this request i don't see that it's really necessary - you can change my view though.

Marco Morais
September 16, 2012, 10:32 AM
Good morning,

Since this subject seems to have gone dormant, i'd like to "re-open" it again. Personally, i think it would make some sense, and yes Mike, i'm gonna try and sell you the idea.
If we compare, the use of the search form to the use of the tree form, personally, i think the search form translates a faster and cleaner website. If we compare the user experience, for sure it's quicker to use two drop-down boxes than going to roll down the page to search for the brand you want to insert. There are already too many Websites giving this type of experience to users. If we fallback on these kind of feature, is enough to lose users.. even more, if we talk about professional users, the one's that actually end up being the paying type. Please, give it a though. It's a well deserved enhancement for Flynax. I give you guys the hand, there have been a lot of features update and upgrade lately, consider this one as one other.

Ps: can't we make a poll on this, i'm sure you'd be surprised on how many people would actually want this.

Best Regards,

Marco

Marco Morais
September 16, 2012, 10:35 AM
Good morning,

Since this subject seems to have gone dormant, i'd like to "re-open" it again. Personally, i think it would make some sense, and yes Mike, i'm gonna try and sell you the idea.
If we compare, the use of the drop-down box form to the use of the tree form, personally, i think the drop-down box form translates a faster and cleaner website. If we compare the user experience, for sure it's quicker to use two drop-down boxes than going to roll down the page to search for the brand and then the model, you want to insert. There are already too many Websites giving this type of experience to users. If we fallback on these kind of feature, is enough to lose users.. even more, if we talk about professional users, the one's that actually end up being the paying type. Please, give it a though. It's a well deserved enhancement for Flynax. I give you guys the hand, there have been a lot of features update and upgrade lately, consider this as a new one.

Ps: can't we make a poll on this, i'm sure you'd be surprised on how many people would actually want this.

Best Regards,

Marco

Petrache Nicolae
September 16, 2012, 09:38 PM
i belive as well that a better solution to replace the tree categories is welcomed. tree is fine if you have 10-20 categories +subcategories. but when you have 50 or 100 of them, that is not ok. that is why i have asked for a customisation and provided full details about it (remains now to decide becouse the price for it is substantial)

Angel Martinez
January 30, 2013, 06:58 AM
I believe dropdown list is way more elegant and simpler then the tree categories. People like simple, I think this should be included in the next update. Every website has this functionality, don't get why it hasn't been implemented.