PDA

View Full Version : The plugin category filter is very limited

Jose carlos Picon davila
August 25, 2015, 01:03 AM
Hello

The plugin category filter is very limited. The block collects information from the fields of the listing and these fields are common to all categories. It should include the possibility of creating independent filters for each category. Other options are to add checkboxes. It is hard work if the website has many categories. It is impractical and visual. I send a image to show an example.

Regards

Curtis
August 25, 2015, 03:35 AM
Hello
The plugin category filter is very limited. The block collects information from the fields of the listing and these fields are common to all categories. It should include the possibility of creating independent filters for each category. Other options are to add checkboxes. It is hard work if the website has many categories. It is impractical and visual. I send a image to show an example.

Regards

Hello,

1. The Filter plugin allow create filters by 3 types: for listing type (include all categories), for current category or for search results page.
2. The plugin used the checkboxes for fields with a checkbox type only. If you want change it, then it can be done as customization only.

Jose carlos Picon davila
August 25, 2015, 10:42 AM
Hello

If I want to filter out the ram memory of the phone or want to filter the screen resolution of the TV, I can not. I have to add new fields in the formulary to send ads. If I add new fields for each filter I need to do, the formulary of sending ads is very long and meaningless to the user.

The filters must be independent to the fields in the formulary to send ads

The checkboxes are more comfortable for users and allows the block is not so large

Regards

Wei Hong
August 25, 2015, 11:10 AM
The category filter plugin doesn't show listing field with checkbox am I correct?

Curtis
August 26, 2015, 07:09 AM
Hello

If I want to filter out the ram memory of the phone or want to filter the screen resolution of the TV, I can not. I have to add new fields in the formulary to send ads. If I add new fields for each filter I need to do, the formulary of sending ads is very long and meaningless to the user.

The filters must be independent to the fields in the formulary to send ads

The checkboxes are more comfortable for users and allows the block is not so large

Regards

If you have these fields (as ram memory or screen resolution) with checkbox field type that you can add it to filter without problems.
Please create a ticket if you have problems with it.
We plan in the future add the checkbox field type to filter fields for dropdown fields for ex.

The category filter plugin doesn't show listing field with checkbox am I correct?

Now the plugin have problem with checkbox fields which have data entries, but it will be fixed in a new version of the plugin. With simple checkbox fields it works properly.

Jose carlos Picon davila
August 27, 2015, 01:23 AM
I'll wait for the next update to add the checkbox field type to filter fields

Thanks Curtis
Regards

Curtis
August 28, 2015, 03:28 AM
I'll wait for the next update to add the checkbox field type to filter fields

Thanks Curtis
Regards

OK. Thanks for your request and reply.

Christoph Mosimann
September 6, 2015, 11:13 PM
I need the filter working for checkbox fields too. Hopefully the new version will be released soon!

Curtis
September 7, 2015, 04:06 AM
I need the filter working for checkbox fields too. Hopefully the new version will be released soon!

The plugin works with checkbox fields by default.
Please create a ticket in the Technical Department if you have proble with it, i'll check it.

Kemoid Wilson
September 7, 2015, 02:31 PM
I would like to add date fields to the category filter plugin. For example I have a listing field with a title Expiration Date and I would like for users to filter through the dates, for instance from Sep - Oct but I am unable to add this date field or any other date field in the admin panel. Can anyone provide info on getting this done or can it only be done by customization?

Christoph Mosimann
September 8, 2015, 02:51 AM
The plugin works with checkbox fields by default.
Please create a ticket in the Technical Department if you have proble with it, i'll check it.

I mean checkboxes set with data entries. It's not working with that.

Curtis
September 17, 2015, 06:40 AM
I would like to add date fields to the category filter plugin. For example I have a listing field with a title Expiration Date and I would like for users to filter through the dates, for instance from Sep - Oct but I am unable to add this date field or any other date field in the admin panel. Can anyone provide info on getting this done or can it only be done by customization?

It can be done as customization only, because the listings don't have this field by default in list as you know.

Christoph Mosimann
September 17, 2015, 10:25 PM
Curtis, can you tell me when the filter by checkboxes set problem will be fixed? I need this feature urgently.

Thank you.

Wei Hong
October 10, 2015, 02:45 AM
In this case when the category filter is limited. Can we somehow add the search filter in each category instead? I saw the search filter work flawless with all listing field, even checkbox.

Wei Hong
October 12, 2015, 05:33 AM
Yes the filter box has problem with checkboxes set. I also need this to be fixed, please advice.