PDA

View Full Version : How we developed new plugin

Mohamed Afify
July 15, 2015, 09:24 AM
Hi

I want to develop new plugin , do you have any manual guide or steps for creating the new plugin ?

Looking for your quick and positive response

Thank you

Jeff Maciorowski
January 21, 2016, 11:54 PM
Yes is this information available?

Godwin Agbavor
January 23, 2016, 03:06 PM
I suggest you create a ticket about this issue, if you want to develop a plugin and you don't know anything about plugin, not even how to start. man means flynax is gonna do 1 or 1 teaching with you lol. seriously man if you even started and missing something i think flynax can help you with that. but teaching you how to start and everything, Good Luck with that bro

Jeff Maciorowski
January 23, 2016, 10:17 PM
I suggest you create a ticket about this issue, if you want to develop a plugin and you don't know anything about plugin, not even how to start. man means flynax is gonna do 1 or 1 teaching with you lol. seriously man if you even started and missing something i think flynax can help you with that. but teaching you how to start and everything, Good Luck with that bro

I think you are completely missing the point. Many of us have programming skills, but there is not much documentation. If you look at a lot of other software out there that has API or other framework, you can work on your own stuff. That is all we are asking for. Not a 1 on 1 school lesson.

Sisay Beshah
January 27, 2016, 02:28 AM
Whether we try to develop or hire someone else to develop it, we really need Developer Documentation for this software.
-Developers Customize and Extend tutorials and quick samples Learning from Codes, Versions compatibility notes and Architecture Overview.
-Setting up Environment: Instructions in preparing development workstation for customizing and building.
-Details of the Production System: Requirements and the required source files
-Step by step tutorial installation and configuration of the software MVC in development the PHP environment.
-Web API, Creating a Javascript Web API Client, Developer API and code examples and libraries
-Plugin, module and hooks step by step setup and creation guide with example codes & reusable codes
-Adding Contents and Index Programmatically, Custom Pages, Developing for performance, Using and Extending providers, API References,API Appendix
and . . . so on.

Jonathan Solomon
December 18, 2017, 07:51 PM
Bump. I get behind in upgrading because I make customizations right in the code, and then have to spend forever doing diffs to upgrade. I wish I knew how to put my changes into plugins. If we could get even a couple paragraphs in a guide it would help so much, so I don't have to guess at everything.