PDA

View Full Version : Does Updating Plugins cost per plugin?

Geoffrey Doohan
June 22, 2015, 05:46 AM
Just wondering why my backend plugin updating now has a grey box that opens to a payment box when I try to update to the latest plugin?

Does this mean that the plugins upgrades are no longer part of the original payment and we will be required to pay per plugin?

Pete Young
June 22, 2015, 01:27 PM
? sounds weird ? but is there not a full fly or part fly thing ?

Geoffrey Doohan
June 22, 2015, 09:02 PM
It appears that I cannot upgrade any plugins now without a payment of $25 per plugin

When a plugin needs to be upgraded from the "Plugin Changelog" a small grey icon appears next to the plugin - as per 1st attachment. I dont have any other way to upgrade it other than $25 US by the looks of it :(

Second and third are the individual boxes that pop up for payment.

Pete Young
June 22, 2015, 10:39 PM
I do not have any of that, did you pay for the full version of flynax ? even so once you have purchased the plugin to then need to pay for every upgrade and seeing that most are to fix errors ? it seems like a mine field best not walked ?

Geoffrey Doohan
June 23, 2015, 05:23 AM
I do not have any of that, did you pay for the full version of flynax ?

Pete I have purchased 2 full versions - I wasn't aware that you could purchase anything but a full version!

even so once you have purchased the plugin to then need to pay for every upgrade and seeing that most are to fix errors ? it seems like a mine field best not walked ? Front page on Flynax states -

100% unencrypted source code
Lifetime updates & upgrades
Professional support team
Free plugins, templates & languages
Free branding removal

This doesnt show on my other site but I havent tried to upgrade it to 4.4 yet!

Pete Young
June 23, 2015, 12:16 PM
You can only guess there is an error in the update and raise a ticket / will be interesting to what happens here.

From what I can see there are now 3 buyer options as listed here > http://www.flynax.com/prices.html

semi fly - fly and full fly the semi fly looks like uprades cost ?

Geoffrey Doohan
June 24, 2015, 12:14 AM
Pete - that is all new to me just looking at the fly page.

All there ever was as far as I remember were updates. Flynax seem to have introduced Upgrades (never seen that before). When I bought my two full versions an update included new versions and plugins! It looks like Flynax aren't making enough money and are looking for a way to farm a bit out of us - I mean the FullFly updates every couple of years as well as support will now become be very expensive.

benyezza
June 24, 2015, 05:53 AM
Dont worry Geoffrey Doohan, its just a bug after upgrade.

I have the same problem, plugin show on home page 'Buy plugin'

But you can download directly plugins from (customer area) after that, normaly home page will be show only version of plugin or must upgrated

Hop this will help you

Geoffrey Doohan
June 24, 2015, 06:18 AM
thx Trut Nabil - truthfully I thought as much.