PDA

View Full Version : Google findings!

Geoffrey Doohan
May 23, 2015, 07:31 AM
Hi - just had an account holder remove his listing and ask for his account info removed because google had listed his personal info including his name, address, telephone number and alternative email address.

At first I couldn't work out what he meant so I did a search for his alternative email and it came up with a link to: http://www.hdtraders.com/pdf-export.html?listingID=129 - I removed the info from his account and it now only shows as is.

Why did this info come up and how can I stop it from happening again?

Stephane Boultgen
May 23, 2015, 01:51 PM
Hi, I also think that it is very important to hide information from clients.

Also all information on the aps are displayed. For us it will be good to have all info from users, but they stil not by display on the web.

Maybe there can by done any changes that we can choose witch information are display and witch one not.

That still part of service to secure all datas from clients.

Regards

Stephane

Geoffrey Doohan
May 23, 2015, 11:12 PM
I offer my members 1 free listing and as I cannot record the IP of the person registering have to depend on good user info to keep a record and stop anyone placing multiple free listings - thus I make user info compulsory with the proviso that it is secure from searches! and is not posted on their listing. I know this isn't really accurate as anyone can set up multiple email accounts just - but that is beside the point.

I have removed the plugin PDFExport and stopped the pdf page from showing - so problem solved :unsure:.

Is there anywhere else that might catch us out - anyone found anything we should be aware of concerning this or a closely related issue?

Pete Young
May 24, 2015, 02:03 AM
Hello Geoffrey, I have set up the user information and that is not shown on the listings at all or anywhere, but i have added duplicate listing fields where people can add contact info number addresses etc to a listing if they so desire ( separate to their user info ) and on those I have also added a info that tells them that any information that they add to these sections become public information.

At this stage probably the phone field is where it does not hide part of the number is of some concern.

Abraham Adeyemi
May 24, 2015, 02:19 AM
Hey Pete would you know anything about adding a time range field so dealers can input their opening hours?

Or about implementing the comments or testimonials functionality into the dealers page instead of the listing details page?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Geoffrey Doohan
May 24, 2015, 07:38 AM
Pete - the Seller Info doesn't show on my listings - but it shows on a PDF of the listing if you have that plugin enabled. I have disabled the PDF plugin and have stopped it that way.