PDA

View Full Version : Google API KEY or any possible problems with google maps

John
April 10, 2015, 05:14 AM
Hi folks,
Let's talk about Google API Key and what we need it for!
The Google API Key is the unique key which allows certain domain to use Google Services, such as Google Maps API, Drive API and other.

As you maybe know Flynax uses Google Maps API V3 which doesn't require the APK Key but Flynax also uses such Google Services as Geocoding API
and Static Maps API, which necessary to define the exact coordinates by address (Location Finder Plugin (http://www.flynax.com/plugins/locationfinder.html) for example) and to
display the map preview on the listing details page. BTW displaying map preview (static picture) instead of javascript map on the page prevents page of map
libraries loading and multiple requests to google servers which makes the page a bit faster.

So we need the Google API Key, how to get it? Here the instruction:
1. Go to https://console.developers.google.com and log into Google Console Account (Create the account if you don't have it).
2. Click "Project" button right after google logo, click "Create Project" button in appeared menu. Enter Project name and click "Create".
3. On the project page go to "Library" section (see sidebar menu)
4. Find Maps Geocoding API, Maps Javascript API, Places API Web Service and Static Maps API services and enable them.
5. Now go to "Credentials" section (in sidebar menu) and click "Create Credentials" button and then "API Key" in the dropdown menu, don't use restrictions.
6. Popup with the "API key" appeared, copy the key
7. Go to your Flynax Admin Panel >> Configurations >> Google Maps and past the API key in the "Google Browser Key" field.
8. Go back to the point #5 of this instruction and create one more API key but past it in the "Google Server Key" field in you Flynax Admin Panel.
9. Save settings.

That's all! Let me know if you still have problems or questions.

John

Abraham Adeyemi
April 12, 2015, 04:30 PM
I followed all your steps but on the listings details page I'm still getting a blank white box in place where the map thumbnail should be.... :huh:

Wei Hong
April 12, 2015, 05:33 PM
yes, same goes for me. I had to remove the code and the map shows. I know its weird.

Abraham Adeyemi
April 12, 2015, 07:22 PM
What do you mean? what code did you remove to make it work?

Wei Hong
April 13, 2015, 02:37 AM
Sorry I meant the API key, I don't have any google api key on my website and the map still shows ok

Abraham Adeyemi
April 13, 2015, 10:41 AM
Oh my God that worked a treat! :D Thanks so much man!!

Wei Hong
April 14, 2015, 03:10 AM
Oh my God that worked a treat! :D Thanks so much man!!

Ha ha, I'm glad it helped

John
April 16, 2015, 01:27 PM
Hi there guys,
Actually Wei Hong is right, you may completely remove the key from the Flynax Settings and the problem will be solved
but we recommend using the key because of the following article from google:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/geocoding/#api_key

John

Wei Hong
April 16, 2015, 03:58 PM
Hi there guys,
Actually Wei Hong is right, you may completely remove the key from the Flynax Settings and the problem will be solved
but we recommend using the key because of the following article from google:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/geocoding/#api_key

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the advice but the problem is we put the key in admin cp and the map is completely blank. We do want to use the key of course.

John
April 18, 2015, 04:45 AM
Hi Wei Hong,
Probably you also should specify the domain during the key creation, enter your domain in the popup window like this:

Let me know about results please.

john

Sripai Schraepler
September 27, 2015, 03:17 AM
Hi,

i doing all alraedy but become an error :-( " IVALID KEY OR UNAUTORIZED URL " but I check is all ok at Google!

What can I do?

Best regards Sripai

Sripai Schraepler
September 27, 2015, 09:39 AM
Hi,

i doing all alraedy but become an error :-( " IVALID KEY OR UNAUTORIZED URL " but I check is all ok at Google!

What can I do?

Best regards Sripai

I can fix the problem :-)

The Location finder must " Use visitor location = Activating " !

Now works fine !

Sergio Miralles
November 9, 2015, 08:03 AM
I have same problem, if I set api key, location finder stops finding user location.
The Location finder is set to " Use visitor location = Activating " but this not solves the problem.
I tryed que put pattern *.aroundme.es/*
tryed to quit and leave it empty too, but nothing

Paul Webb
June 13, 2016, 09:09 AM
Thanks that worked, you need browser key, i originally set up with server key but that doesnt work.

Wei Hong
June 14, 2016, 04:02 PM
Hi John, I know I had brought this up before, but now I have 4.5 and with the Google API input in Admincp, the location is not registered to the map. Removing it works just fine. I'm just wondering if anything changed since the last time we checked this or do we still need the api key? I'm pretty sure that I have enable the static map and geocoding api, and have added the domain correctly as *.domain.com/*, but it still does not work. I also have the key type as browser of course

Paul Webb
June 14, 2016, 04:38 PM
Hi John, I know I had brought this up before, but now I have 4.5 and with the Google API input in Admincp, the location is not registered to the map. Removing it works just fine. I'm just wondering if anything changed since the last time we checked this or do we still need the api key? I'm pretty sure that I have enable the static map and geocoding api, and have added the domain correctly as *.domain.com/*, but it still does not work. I also have the key type as browser of course

Not sure if it helps but i checked my source code from my installation in the browser, and copied and pasted the map path (from the source code) into browser and originally it returned an error which is how i knew it was the key that was wrong.
I have google maps static api and browser key, although my search on maps does not work but my listing map and street view is now working.

Wei Hong
June 14, 2016, 04:58 PM
Not sure if it helps but i checked my source code from my installation in the browser, and copied and pasted the map path (from the source code) into browser and originally it returned an error which is how i knew it was the key that was wrong.
I have google maps static api and browser key, although my search on maps does not work but my listing map and street view is now working.

So do you have the api key in your admincp or have you removed it to have listing map and streetview work? I also checked the demo classified on flynax site and there is no key input in admincp

Paul Webb
June 14, 2016, 09:37 PM
So do you have the api key in your admincp or have you removed it to have listing map and streetview work? I also checked the demo classified on flynax site and there is no key input in admincp

Placed it in the basic settings / Google Maps tab of the real estate listing software

Wei Hong
June 15, 2016, 04:06 AM
Placed it in the basic settings / Google Maps tab of the real estate listing software

good thing it works for you.

Wei Hong
September 25, 2016, 10:01 AM
Does anyone what is google server key? I have created and added the google api key but in admin cp I keep getting a yellow box notification saying that I need to add google server key.

David Mundle
October 22, 2017, 10:34 AM
Hello Guys

Can someone explain why i keep getting this message in my admin panel below?

You've exceeded the limit of Google Maps Geocoding requests;

As far as i know i have created this account correctly with the correct api keys and still i see this message in the admin dashboard, any help please.

Thanks
David

Viktor
October 23, 2017, 10:37 AM
Hello David,

Because google has limit of their services. See prices here: https://developers.google.com/maps/pricing-and-plans/

Joe Can
September 8, 2020, 03:29 PM
Viktor,

In the pricing guide you mentioned.

Which of the services in the plan are used by the Flynax software?

Rudi
September 8, 2020, 03:55 PM
Hello,

See this guide: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?5169-Switching-to-new-pay-as-you-go-Google-Maps-Platform&highlight=google+maps

Miltos Terzopoulos
November 7, 2020, 05:26 PM
Hello...

Let me ask you something very basic about the site.

The map is completely lost, I tried to follow Rudi's steps in the forum but I could not.
I tried to find an edge from the demo, but I could not because I have an older version, probably.
I managed to create the Google Server Key but I can not understand how I can create the Google Browser Key.
You will see it below in the screenshots.
Where can I go to be able to correct this mistake ?

Wei Hong
November 7, 2020, 06:44 PM
Hello...

Let me ask you something very basic about the site.

The map is completely lost, I tried to follow Rudi's steps in the forum but I could not.
I tried to find an edge from the demo, but I could not because I have an older version, probably.
I managed to create the Google Server Key but I can not understand how I can create the Google Browser Key.
You will see it below in the screenshots.
Where can I go to be able to correct this mistake ?

You just create 2 keys of the same type whichever you can and paste them there.

Joe Can
November 8, 2020, 01:32 AM
Wei,

There is a bug when using Google maps API keys.
Flynax offered me a fix, but I said I would wait until the next release.
I can try to make a video of the issue.

If I remember correctly, the Flynax script does not work correctly when using Google API keys.
If you have problems. try to test by using not using Google API Keys.
Instead, testing using the same setup used in the demo.

Wei Hong
November 8, 2020, 04:34 AM
Wei,

There is a bug when using Google maps API keys.
Flynax offered me a fix, but I said I would wait until the next release.
I can try to make a video of the issue.

If I remember correctly, the Flynax script does not work correctly when using Google API keys.
If you have problems. try to test by using not using Google API Keys.
Instead, testing using the same setup used in the demo.

I have 4.7.2 and I don't have issue with the map. I'm wondering if it's a bug from new version only. :(

Miltos Terzopoulos
November 8, 2020, 06:30 AM
You just create 2 keys of the same type whichever you can and paste them there.

Wei Hong, thank you very much, I corrected it

Wei Hong
November 10, 2022, 05:50 AM
Hi John and Flynax Dev.,

How do I enable the area drawing on map like in screenshot below?

I saw this and thought it would be very helpful.
Thanks

Rudi
November 10, 2022, 02:33 PM
Hello Wei,

it's a customization on our customer's site, so it also can be implemented as customization