PDA

View Full Version : Creating a new Page Controller

John
September 26, 2011, 03:54 AM
Hi, there!
Today I want to tell you how to create a new page with PHP and SMARTY controllers. This thread can be very helpful for all who have web development skills. Say if you need a new page for support, you can start with the following:

1. Go to the admin panel >> pages and click on the "Add Page" button;
2. Fill in fields, whatever is applicable; although there are two the most important fields:
a. "Page type" - select "System"
b. "Page controller" - type "support"
3. Then create two controllers (PHP and SMARTY) for a new system page:
1. Create a new file and call it "support.inc.php" where "support" is our controller name from "add new page" manager. Upload the new file to: /includes/controllers/ on your web server.
2. Create a new file and call it "support.tpl" where "support" is our controller name from "add new page" manager. Upload the new file to: /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl/controllers/ on your web server.

Done! Now your new php controller file is empty; you can leave it empty if you don't have anything to add to it. The smarty controller file is empty as well but this file is responsible for your layout; you can add an html or smarty code to it.

If you have any questions feel free to post them here, I would gladly reply to them.

John

Jermaine Rivera
February 21, 2012, 03:44 AM
I see that you are well versed in flynax application adaptations and I request your help. Do you know how I can change the tree function to a dropdown on the add a listing page in version 4.0.1 for auto. Any insight on this would be helpful and appreciared thanks in advance.