PDA

View Full Version : Number of listings per account

Spinu Alexandru
February 13, 2015, 06:29 PM
Hello guys!

I was wondering how can i change the way the script works right now with the number of listings, as example: When someone purchase a plan (live for 365 days), he is receiving 50 listings. If he uses 2 and after a while he sell those 2 listings, even if he deletes those 2 he doesn't receive them back, so now he has only 48.
I would like to give them a number of listings(50), and they be able to add and delete listings and still have 50 listings (if they delete all)

Could someone help me with an advice or maybe the file that i need to modify ?
Thank You !!

Pete Young
February 14, 2015, 01:45 AM
First things first, the listing package live for 365 days is not connected to the time frame a listing is visible for so make you you understand that, next not sure but if those listing times are also set at 365 days or abouts then why do they need to delete any sold listings ?

If you install the listing status plugin you can set the sold option to suspend the listing, this will stop it being shown and remove it from view after any set time you want, you can then edit that listing for a new item and reset the listing to be shown again.

where this gets a little tough is the listing time allowed (not the package) / from what your saying is that you will issue a new listing package every year with 50 allowable listings and if these are set to alsso 365 days then in theory I could have up to 100 listings active with 50 active from the last day of the old / last year package and 50 from this years package.

That said it is not a bad outcome in that those people who stay loyal to you would be able to after 12 months get a few extra bonus listings running in the system if they wanted to.

It would also probably be possile to remove the delete option from the admin my listings panel if you wanted to ensure things were deleted by mistake ?

this is in your template style css line 3493 ( but check your own site for sure and look for as below ) and edit the width height from 18px to 0px or block it out / always record your changes to notepad for ref down the line / and if your not sure pay the team at flynax a few shackles to make any changes for you.

img.delete_highlight {
position: absolute;
width: 18px;
height: 18px;
top: 0;
right: 0;
cursor: pointer;
background: url('../img/gallery.png') -21px -1808px no-repeat;
}
img {
border: 0px;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
vertical-align: middle;
}

Spinu Alexandru
February 17, 2015, 07:57 PM
Thanks a looooot Pete for your idea and for the quick response.
I set the package time to 365 and the listing to 0 (unlimited), so when the package expire , all the listings will be gone.
About removing the delete option, genius idea, but after modifying those lines (mine was 25px), nothing happened, and after a little research thru the files, i found the listing_remove.tpl inside the controllers folder and delete the first <a line and Voila, the delete button disappeared.
Thank you for everything again!

Pete Young
February 17, 2015, 11:33 PM
Thanks a looooot Pete for your idea and for the quick response.
I set the package time to 365 and the listing to 0 (unlimited), so when the package expire , all the listings will be gone.
About removing the delete option, genius idea, but after modifying those lines (mine was 25px), nothing happened, and after a little research thru the files, i found the listing_remove.tpl inside the controllers folder and delete the first <a line and Voila, the delete button disappeared.
Thank you for everything again!

Thats not how it works, if the listings are set to say 3 months then it may take up to another 3 months for them to be gone not when the package expires, so you will have package time plus listing time as your max time. also set to zero would not restrict to the 50 listings you wanted ?

if you want you can run a small experiment with a smaller time frame say set the listing to 7 days and the package to 14 days to see what happens so you know, then adjust from there

Pete