PDA

View Full Version : How to get Skype script to run in a content box ?

Pete Young
February 7, 2015, 12:54 AM
I am in the process of redesigning a connect with us page and am looking to add the skype button script to the page. I have created a new content box to HTML and pasted in the code and saved but the script will not run or work regardless ?

I have read here to hit edit and paste in and save before turning back from edit / and tried every other possible outcome or wayof saving it and I get nothing happening.

This is the skype script > Here (http://www.skype.com/en/features/skype-buttons/create-skype-buttons/) and you can see the connect page Here (http://tryinhere.com/contact-us.html), I have left the box showing so you can see where it should be, any Ideas ?

Pete

Pete Young
February 11, 2015, 12:23 AM
I am also having trouble inserting any script to a html box, trying to add some addthis script now and the same problems ? if anyone knows how to make script work in html it would be great

Viktor
February 11, 2015, 03:33 AM
Hello Pete,

It is easy, you should add tags:

1. after <script type="text/javascript">
add {literal}

2. befire </script> add {/literal}

save and check your code in box again in front end.

also you can create skype button with different way:

<a href="skype:+11111111111?call">Call to us through Skype</a>

<a href="skype:skype_name?chat">Chat with us through Skype</a>

<a href="skype:skype_name?voicemail">Send Voice message through Skype</a>

<a href="skype:skype_name1;skype_name2;skype_name3?call">Conference voice chat with our team through Skype</a>

<a href="skype:skype_name1;skype_name2;skype_name3?chat">Conference chat with our team through Skype</a>

maybe it help you :)

Pete Young
February 11, 2015, 04:09 AM
Hello Viktor, added like but still not working ? confused ?

<script type="text/javascript"src="http://www.skypeassets.com/i/scom/js/skype-uri.js"></script>
<div id="SkypeButton_Call_tryinhere_1">
<script type="text/javascript"> {literal}
Skype.ui({
"name": "chat",
"element": "SkypeButton_Call_tryinhere_1",
"participants": ["tryinhere"],
"imageSize": 32
});
{/literal}</script></div>

Pete Young
February 11, 2015, 04:16 AM
And this one i Have tried literal just nabout everywhere and it wont work ?

<!-- Go to www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools --><script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=aaa" async="async"></script>

Viktor
February 11, 2015, 01:01 PM
Hello Pete,

Please see my attached file. Before you add the code click this button on CKeditor

Pete Young
February 11, 2015, 01:46 PM
Yes Viktor I am adding it to the source code option / but still does not work

Wei Hong
March 7, 2015, 03:39 AM
I would like to implement skype to my site. Did you figure out how to make it work?

Pete Young
March 7, 2015, 07:03 AM
No I could not get it to work or understand where to put the literal part of the code ? It is confusing as I have never had to do that before / sorry.

Viktor
March 7, 2015, 11:42 AM
Hello Pete,

I have removed free spaces from code and it works now. Please check Skype box on your site.

Pete Young
March 7, 2015, 12:56 PM
Hello Pete,

I have removed free spaces from code and it works now. Please check Skype box on your site.

Thanks Viktor, as always appreciate your support.
Pete

Mahmoud Khedr
August 6, 2015, 02:51 PM
thank you ...