PDA

View Full Version : Flynax Template Installation

John
January 12, 2015, 11:39 AM
Hi there,
I am working on detailed Flynax Template installation instruction and will share it in this thread soon.

1. Log into Flynax Customer Area (https://www.flynax.com/login.html);
2. Go to Downloads for your domain;
3. Go to the Template tab in the Downloads area;
4. If you have the SemiFly or Fly package and you don't have access to the Premium templates you'll have to purchase it; click "Request Access" link to buy the template for your domain;
5. Click the Download button against a required template to download it to your PC;
6. After downloading the template you'll have to upload it to your server; there are two ways of doing it:
6.1. Upload the archive/zipped folder to the directory /FLYNAX_ROOT/templates/ and unzip it using hosting control panel (cPanel);
6.2. Unzip the folder on your PC and upload it to /FLYNAX_ROOT/templates/;
7. Then log into admin panel of your site > configurations and choose the template you uploaded in the dropdown;
8. Save the changes and reload the front end.

John

Kemoid Wilson
January 20, 2015, 07:48 PM
Hello,

That is kind of wide. Can you please tell us exactly what you are working on?

John
February 27, 2015, 06:35 AM
Hi Kemoid,
Sorry for the delay in my reply, to be honest I forgot about the instruction.
Just updated the initial post with the instruction details. Let me know if some points are not clear.

John

Pete Young
February 27, 2015, 01:05 PM
I have a question does flynax version need to be a min version before loading the flatty theme ? I think I am running 4.1
Pete

Chris Brown
February 27, 2015, 04:08 PM
I have a question does flynax version need to be a min version before loading the flatty theme ? I think I am running 4.1
Pete

Think i am the same, running 4.1 with afew 4.2 mods, so far have not took the plunge to use the flatty theme but am starting to think i might try it

Pete Young
March 5, 2015, 01:43 PM
Thanks to some feedback from John the answer to this question and for others is /

"The minimal version for template is 4.1 but it will works fully/properly with 4.3 only."

Wei Hong
March 5, 2015, 01:51 PM
We used to be able to download all template for all types (general, real estate, auto, etc) Now we can only download template for the flynax type we bought. For example if you bought the general script, you can only download templates for general.

Chris Brown
March 5, 2015, 04:33 PM
We used to be able to download all template for all types (general, real estate, auto, etc) Now we can only download template for the flynax type we bought. For example if you bought the general script, you can only download templates for general.

Yes i noticed that recently, when i went to download another template :( Shame really

Wei Hong
March 7, 2015, 04:04 AM
Yes i noticed that recently, when i went to download another template :( Shame really

Believe it or not, FLynax has reopened the options to download and try out all templates types.
Cheers.

Chris Brown
March 7, 2015, 12:29 PM
Believe it or not, FLynax has reopened the options to download and try out all templates types.
Cheers.

Thats deffinatly a good thing. As i thought all standard templates came with the license. If they do make new premium templates i dont have an issue with them having a premium section

John
April 18, 2015, 04:49 AM
Yep. we reopened all templates for all customers in the Flynax Customer Area, hope it will help you to
build the best template :)

John

Chris Brown
April 18, 2015, 03:36 PM
Yep. we reopened all templates for all customers in the Flynax Customer Area, hope it will help you to

John

Thanks John. Thats a good move :D

Aytug Dizdaroglu
August 13, 2015, 08:33 PM
i have a problem after the installation
erros like

rlHook.class.php(129) : eval()'d code on line 3
i am using flynax 4.3.0
for boats_wide template

Khaled Chammout
January 2, 2017, 02:18 PM
Hello, I have installed the new version 4.5.2. When i download a new template from flynax.com the zip file is only about 700 KB. There are some files missing. I get this massage when I install the template "http://www.mysite.com/templates/heavy_wide/css/jquery.ui.css" does not exist or unreadable". The template that came with the flynax software version download is working. The templates in the "templates download" is not working. Thank you.

Ish Laos
March 1, 2019, 04:16 PM
Hello, I just followed these instruction. I opted for unzipping the file first on my local drive, then uploaded the unzipped folder to my server in the template folder. However, when I choose a template for my website, the page is blank with the following error:

The file "http://mywebsite.com/templates/heavy_wide(v4.7.1)/css/style.css" does not exist or unreadable

Any idea why this is happening?

Bahram Soltanirad
March 1, 2019, 09:12 PM
Then, does it exist there? Is it readable?

Wei Hong
June 27, 2020, 06:57 AM

John

Hi John,

I know this has been discussed before. But today I noticed that Flynax closed template download from other flynax type again. Would you please reopen it. A lot of us test templates from other flynax types. It would help us to build the best template.

Please please please.

John
June 29, 2020, 07:26 AM
Hi Guys, we closed other script template downloads because they are not compatible with customer script type. Almost of customers think that if the template is available for downloading then he can use it and all script functions should works properly with his script type. But it is not true and we received many tickets with such complains. The one proper solution was closing the access to all incompatible templates, sorry for that.

John

Jenő Kocsi
June 29, 2020, 09:06 AM
That was a good idea. However, you should start something with the templates because google gives it a pretty bad score, especially in mobile view. It also complains about js files and css.

kiowa
June 29, 2020, 09:31 AM
Agreed, templates really don't score well in google. been trying for over a year now with diff SEO to no avail. Rank just wont change.
Mobile is Way worse when it comes to speed in googles eyes.
But i think google complains about everything now days.

Wei Hong
June 29, 2020, 04:48 PM
Hi Guys, we closed other script template downloads because they are not compatible with customer script type. Almost of customers think that if the template is available for downloading then he can use it and all script functions should works properly with his script type. But it is not true and we received many tickets with such complains. The one proper solution was closing the access to all incompatible templates, sorry for that.

John

Hi John,

I do understand that could be a problem if people don't know what they are doing.
But me and my friend test and learn flynax with various templates. I know many others here are doing the same too, especially when new version come out, just the same purpose we posted here in 2015. Also it could be a problem too if user bought a template and then change type, they would unable to get the template.

Could you please may be make 2 separate template sections like
- Compatible templates
- Other templates

Please :(