PDA

View Full Version : If I wanted to send an email to all subcribed how ?

Pete Young
January 9, 2015, 01:52 AM
I have the email newsletter plugin installed but how would I send an email to all subscribed users regardless of if they were checked to recieve news letters ? say a site update leetter that needs to be sent to all ?

Pete

Viktor
January 9, 2015, 04:40 AM
Hello Pete,

IF you go to Admin Panel >> Massmailer/Newsletter and click button +Add a new newsletter you will find line: Recipients and first checbox will be: Subscriber accounts create email and select this chckbox

Pete Young
January 9, 2015, 05:17 AM
To - Subscriber accounts (0)

? when I do that I get a 0 count / is supossed to read the total to send to ?

Viktor
January 9, 2015, 06:29 AM
Hello Pete,

If you have Subscriber accounts but in Admin panel shows 0 you can give me ftp access and I will check it and solve if there I will find any errors.
Send access to my PM

Viktor
January 9, 2015, 07:04 AM
Hello Pete,

I checked your DB and found many many subscriber users - 0. And newsletter box has status inactive. Nobody cannot subscribe on your site.

Pete Young
January 9, 2015, 10:35 AM
Hello Pete,

I checked your DB and found many many subscriber users - 0. And newsletter box has status inactive. Nobody cannot subscribe on your site.

I do not have news letters enabled on the site, thats ok as I do not want them, the question was how to send an email to all existing classified ad subscribers / members ? to tell them of say a change of site rules etc ? or can this not be done ?

Viktor
January 9, 2015, 11:08 AM
Hello Pete,

Plugin working correctly. on page: admin/index.php?controller=massmailer_newsletter&action=send&massmailer=2 You can see:
To:
Site accounts:

Private Account (1)
Business Account (1)

I have checked in your DB and only 2 accounts want to get emails from massmailer. :) all correct

Pete Young
January 9, 2015, 11:55 AM
Thanks Viktor, so there is no way to email all users regardles if they have chosen to get emails or not in the case of site update notifications at this stage ? all good thanks saves me worrying about that part / appreciate your help.

Pete

Viktor
January 9, 2015, 12:30 PM
We separated users because sometimes admin want to send different information to different account types. I think not too difficult click 2-3 checkboxes for choose all accounts. ;)

Pete Young
January 9, 2015, 12:57 PM
We separated users because sometimes admin want to send different information to different account types. I think not too difficult click 2-3 checkboxes for choose all accounts. ;)

Sorry Viktor, I seem to not have made the case clear, I understand that you have seperated users, and that you can part or all, that is not the issue, the issue was how do I send an email to ALL USERS REGARDLESS if they have checked to recieve email or not, in the case of telling everybody of a rule change for example. and this can not be done at the moment. all is good and will move on again thank you and sorry for not being clear in my question.

Viktor
January 10, 2015, 09:27 AM
Hello Pete,

It is not right. Because when I registered I unchecked checkbox with subscribe because I don't want to get any emails from site but you want to send me some emails. If I get emails from site where I said "I don't want to get emails" I will be angry and you too. Isn't it :)

Pete Young
January 10, 2015, 10:36 PM
OK I can agree with that. Thank You again for your help.