PDA

View Full Version : listing Field types using the Key and not the name in the url ? Say What

Pete Young
November 14, 2014, 01:33 PM
I was testing the field bound boxes pluggin and noticed that the url produced showed the key and not the name making for an ugly url ? so i shut that down and then wondered if the same hapened with the geo filter option / category filter ? and yes it does and what we have is is an ugly url going on where the key is the url ? why would this be so ?

see real life example

http: // mysite . com /australia/classifieds/home-garden/lfCollectables:deCollectables_deTrading_Cards/

I have a listing feild call trading cards ( in hobbies and collectables ) and this is the url i get showing the keys and not the titles ? and looks ugly (why would this be shown I am unsure ) and not sure what it does for the seo ? if so all i can see now is i have to delete every listing field ever made and remake the keys ?

Pete Young
November 17, 2014, 12:44 PM
Is the any flynax rep that can answer this or should I create a ticket ? I have probably created in the hundreds of listing fields and to now go back and edit ebery single one is not really a turn on ? I thought keys were internal ? and if keys are noe used in urls how would we avoid duplicated keys if we needed the same name / I have never heard of any app using keys in this way ?

Mike
November 18, 2014, 07:31 AM
Hello Pete,

I don't remember any problems we have with keys in urls, however i think we will add it to the next version of FieldBoundBox plugin, but its more complex in case of Category Filter plugin.
Major Category Filter update is scheduled , but its likely to be released only next year, we will investigate possibility to make better urls in this plugin too.

Pete Young
November 18, 2014, 10:14 AM
OK thank you Mike, what I done was used a code in my keys to avoid duplicates so for listing field I prefixed with LF and for data entry I prefixed with DE but this is now showing, as I thought keys were only back end and I really thought I could have written anything as the key like greengollywomble as I did not think of it even showing front end. would have been ok had I known, I will go in and edit them and just move and appreciate the feedback and support.