PDA

View Full Version : Photo upload

Ben Vaughn
August 12, 2011, 04:51 PM
I have had some people say they cant upload photos, when i check the img files at my hosting i see they have been uplaoded, they are within file size but are not showing on the ads or even in the admin panel.

Is it an issue with the actual pixel size of the uploaded photo and can i change this, if so wher is it located?

Also in the uploadify settings there is 'Uploadify crop interface' what does this do exactly as i have it as disabled

thanks
Chris

Chibuzor Iheaka
August 14, 2011, 09:24 AM
Hi,

crop interface allows you to "alter" the size and focus of the image by "cropping" it after you downloaded.

I also had some issues with images, once I stopped using the "crop" feature all images showed fine. It seems the problem is related to "main image" with the crop feature it will not allow you to set an image as "main" until after its cropped.

My advise, turn it off and enjoy the uploadify.

One point to FLYNAX,

For the love of god, place uploadify in all areas where we can upload images, it makes no sense to use two systems. So in all upload areas, please use uploadify.

John
August 16, 2011, 04:34 AM
Hi Guys,
Let me add my comment here :)

Having "crop user interface" enabled your website users have to crop each image to make them active on the listing. This option created for smart website users/visiters, if you haven't such you'd better disable it.

One point to FLYNAX,

For the love of god, place uploadify in all areas where we can upload images, it makes no sense to use two systems. So in all upload areas, please use uploadify.
Good point Michelle, we will do it in new version of Flynax.

Thanks to all.

John

Wissam Moubarak
September 18, 2011, 06:54 PM
When I go to add new post it only let me add on photo, so what should I do to be able upload more photos for the same listing?

Petrache Nicolae
August 1, 2012, 07:37 PM
Hi Guys,
Let me add my comment here :)

Having "crop user interface" enabled your website users have to crop each image to make them active on the listing. This option created for smart website users/visiters, if you haven't such you'd better disable it.

Good point Michelle, we will do it in new version of Flynax.

Thanks to all.

John

the new script can be modified so that we keep the crop function in adition to the white background? meaning that the portrait images be croped in portrait mode and landscape images be croped like now, on landscape. all of this without any resize of the images (no diferent image ratio)?
like you say, crop is for smart users and why not having both features at the same time. now we have one or the other.