PDA

View Full Version : Rating and Comment Plugin

Wei Hong
August 22, 2014, 07:08 AM
Dear Flynax developers,

I see that the comment plugin has the option to give rating as well. Is there anyway to take comment rating accumulate in to rating plugin as well?
For example there are 2 users Z1, and Z2
User Z1 rated the listing 5 star. But user Z2 rated the listing 1 star through comment. And he didn't rate the listing using the rating plugin.

So in final, this listing has 5 stars rating from user Z1. And one star rating from user Z2 through comment plugin.

My question is: is there any way to merge the rating from rating plugin and comment plugin?

Or remove the rating plugin, and making the comment rating show in the place of rating plugin? This would make the comment plugin become similar to review plugin like on amazon and feedback on ebay.

Best regards,

Petrache Nicolae
August 22, 2014, 09:39 AM
Flynax released the auction/bid plugin wich is great except one detail. That feature is not useful unless it works together with a feedback system in wich the sellers and buyers build a reputation based strictly on the transactions that took place among them. Until a proper feedback system is in place, i doubt that anyone will use live the auction plugin becouse it is not complete.

Wei Hong
August 22, 2014, 07:42 PM
that is also a great connection that you just made there. I don't use auction plugin so I didn't think about it

Viktor
August 23, 2014, 11:21 AM
Hello Wei,

Comments plugin has 5 stars also for rate comment for services or goods like additional option.
1-st example:
For example exist 2 users Z1 and Z2. User Z1 buy something and it was good and cheap product and he create comment with excellent text and set 5 stars.
Then other user Z2 buy this product and it was not good product and he created comment with bad text and set 1 star only. Then you or me go to the listing and we can see 2 comments and his stars for each comment.

But if you install Rating plugin and 50 users click 5 star and other 50-nd users click 1 star middle rating will be 2.5 but may be 50 users click 2 stars and other 50 users click 3 stars and middle rating will be 2.5 too and this rating cannot give me exactly adequate response. But it's my opinion.

2nd example:
For example today I got excellent service and I wrote comment and set 5 stars but then in next day I got bad service and I wrote comment and set for this comment 1 star only.

May be my explanation give you some information about the plugins.

Wei Hong
August 23, 2014, 05:11 PM
I got your point Viktor

But I'm looking for a more efficient plugin like review. May be a customization or so.
In your 1st example its good if there are only a few rating so you can see them all, but if you have like 100 rating comment, it's hard to tell. Then user will look at the Rating average, 100 rated and 2.5 stars is bad. But 1000 rated and 3.5 stars is not so bad. At least they get the idea. This is why amazon, yelp, etc use the same mechanism.

Petrache Nicolae
August 24, 2014, 05:40 AM
Wei and Viktor, the feedback plugin is a must to have addition to auction plugin. Right now, there is nothing preventing any user to leave bad comment/rating to a product/service, even if he didn't buy it in the first place. That is the whole idea of auction. 2 users have a transaction via auction and only they can leave 1 feedback/comment/review for exactly that transaction. so, auction without proper feedback system is 0. Or, a seller can chose to sell via classified in his area and in that case, he can't leave any feedback/comment/review because there is no way to prove that any transaction has been between he ad the seller. As it is, the comment/rating plugin are shiny but without real use except making page looking nicer (at least for me).

So after me, that is what we should have:
1. auction system + feedback system (instead of rating+comments) (recommended for any transaction - local/national/international)
2. classifieds system (recommended to be used just for local transactions where seller and buyer meet and test the product)

Ramu Palanisamy
April 12, 2019, 11:18 AM
How to Movie this Rating and Comment on bottom of the listing ? (Please find attached image)

Which code ,What folder and how to change? Please guide me.

Viktor
April 12, 2019, 01:39 PM
Need to change 1 line. Go to ftp://plugins>>comments>>comment.block.tpl

at line ~ 3 find code:

<div id="area_comments" class="tab_area hide">

and replace to:

<div id="area_comments">

also need to implement the following code into Admin Panel >> Database:

UPDATE `fl_hooks` SET `Code` = '\r\n global $rlXajax, $tabs, $lang, $config, $reefless;\r\n\r\n if ( $config[\'comments_login_access\'] && IS_LOGIN !== true )\r\n return;\r\n\r\n $reefless -> loadClass(\'Comment\', null, \'comment\');\r\n $rlXajax -> registerFunction( array( \'CommentAdd\', $GLOBALS[\'rlComment\'], \'ajaxCommentAdd\' ) );\r\n $rlXajax -> registerFunction( array( \'getComments\', $GLOBALS[\'rlComment\'], \'ajaxGetComments\' ) );\r\n ' WHERE `fl_hooks`.`Name` = 'listingDetailsBottom' AND `Plugin` = 'comment' LIMIT 1;

Ramu Palanisamy
April 12, 2019, 02:27 PM
Need to change 1 line. Go to ftp://plugins>>comments>>comment.block.tpl

at line ~ 3 find code:

<div id="area_comments" class="tab_area hide">

and replace to:

<div id="area_comments">

also need to implement the following code into Admin Panel >> Database:

UPDATE `fl_hooks` SET `Code` = '\r\n global $rlXajax, $tabs, $lang, $config, $reefless;\r\n\r\n if ( $config[\'comments_login_access\'] && IS_LOGIN !== true )\r\n return;\r\n\r\n $reefless -> loadClass(\'Comment\', null, \'comment\');\r\n $rlXajax -> registerFunction( array( \'CommentAdd\', $GLOBALS[\'rlComment\'], \'ajaxCommentAdd\' ) );\r\n $rlXajax -> registerFunction( array( \'getComments\', $GLOBALS[\'rlComment\'], \'ajaxGetComments\' ) );\r\n ' WHERE `fl_hooks`.`Name` = 'listingDetailsBottom' AND `Plugin` = 'comment' LIMIT 1;

Hello Viktor, Thank You...

On Admin Panel >> Database --where I need to add this code? got confused .Please guide me

Viktor
April 18, 2019, 04:02 AM
Please check my screenshot: https://prnt.sc/ndhw32

Ramu Palanisamy
June 30, 2019, 09:57 AM
Hi Viktor,

I have tried its comment box came down but not able to add comments in down..Also rating not able to add...

How to fix this ? Please guide me

Viktor
July 1, 2019, 04:38 AM
Who changed comment.block.tpl file?
I have fixed it. Please check comment area again.

Ramu Palanisamy
July 1, 2019, 05:05 AM
Thank You Viktor...I followed as per your instruction on this thread...to move comments on down..

Anyway thank you so much:)