PDA

View Full Version : Admin logging in on front end as user to troubleshoot

QuickRon
August 21, 2014, 12:33 PM
As of now, there is no way in Flynax for the admin to be able to log into the front end as a user. This ability is essential for the admin to be able to troubleshoot issues that users are experiencing.

Example:
A user contacted us claiming that they purchased a Listing Package, placed one listing but was unable to place anymore listings.
Our admin should be able to log in AS THE USER, so we can see/experience what the user is claiming.

For now, we have to ask the user for their password, which is unprofessional.

METHOD:
I believe the easiest and/or most simple approach to achieving this is for the admin to log into the front end using the user's login ... but use the admin's password. So, essentially, the admin's password will allow access to any user's account on the front end.

Geodesic uses this method and it works very well.

I'm hoping that enough people respond to this post, supporting this feature request, and that this isn't too difficult for Flynax to achieve.

Best,
Ron

Chris Brown
August 21, 2014, 01:27 PM
Strange I had a similar issue a month ago where user placed one listing then message me saying he couldn't place another. And that was to do with free listings. First time I came across this issue not had it since. But all I could test was through my own user end account which everything seemed fine.

Pete Young
August 21, 2014, 01:33 PM
I would look at how you approach the words, like

John I will have a look at what the problem is for you and when I am done I will get you to reset your password for securty purposes (and you will get an email from me when to do this) , you could then edit a default pass to log in as the user and when done hit the forgotten password option so it sends the email to reset the password. ?

Just thinking out loud as an option, and making the reset a positive ?

but yes being able to log in as a user does and can help, also currently there is no way in admin to edit the logo used in a directory if used and if it a image that is not allowed there is no way to edit this at all, so logging in as the user would help here as well ?

Chris Brown
October 8, 2014, 04:25 PM
Would be good if we could have something like this, got another user saying they cant add listing as their account does not allow that type...but it does. Tried my end in the browser they are using and still find no issues.

Its a simple process so cant figure out why they are having issues

Update: think i did solve it by changing in admin the users account type and then changing it back. have been informed it worked...so dont know what happened LOL :D

Viktor
October 9, 2014, 03:48 AM
Hello QuickRon,

if you want we can create it like customization for you because in next version of Flynax 4.4 we will not implement it. We will think of course about it but most likely we will not do it.