PDA

View Full Version : SPAM Fake Accounts

Adam Capps
July 13, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hi guys,

I've been hit with SPAM accounts from china, everyday I find a lot of new accounts waiting to be activated, and they are all fake and being created by a generator. Is there anyway of preventing user to register an account if they list for example certain cities in the registration box? i.e. if they list china or anything else, since I don't want any user outside of my allowed countries.

Abbas Abdolmajid
July 16, 2011, 01:11 AM
i have EXACTLY the same problem
it started 2 nights ago
i even changed registration type to be activated by email etc but no use
they keep coming and its becoming hard
captcha is there for nothing it seems

Chibuzor Iheaka
July 18, 2011, 11:29 PM
As a new customer I am curious why there are no replies to this question of what seems an important problem.

John
July 19, 2011, 10:43 AM
Hello Guys,
Could you post me your domains to PM or just submit new ticket to Support Helpdesc?
Thanks

John

John
July 21, 2011, 03:39 AM
Hi folks,
We have implemented Google reCaptcha (http://www.google.com/recaptcha/captcha)
to website of one of our customers who have such problem. He is testing it for a few days and informed me that it works ok. Well all who have the same problem can submit a ticket to helpdesc and get new reCaptcha.

Also I have solution for this request:

Is there anyway of preventing user to register an account if they list for example certain cities in the registration box?
I suggest using currency converter plugin which detect visitor country by IP, having visitor country name you can prevent him to use registration.

John