PDA

View Full Version : Account Types Questions

Pete Young
August 18, 2014, 12:27 PM
With account types in the general script for example I think there are sellers and buyers ? and people can select one or the other, but these are not available in the user accounts and can not be changed by the user ?

As an example a seller can list and also be a buyer but if somebody logged in as a buyer and wanted to sell, they could not, they would need a sellers account, but they are unable to do this from their cp ?

In this case they would probably need to register again ? more so the question relates to somebody who just wants to use saved searches for an update ? maybe a buyers account ? but then they decide to sell / they can not do so with the above problems in place ?

I have looked and there seems no way to make that field visible to users ?

Petrache Nicolae
August 18, 2014, 01:13 PM
This whole buyer/seller type from flynax makes no sense. No one uses such aproach and you just pointed some of the issues comming from this. The only thing you can do is to disable the account types from admin area and create a new type like "User" with all the permissions.
2 types of accounts make sense only if one is Company (wich can issue Invoice for the products/services) and another Person (wich can't issue Invoice for the products/services). Than you can make fields properly for each.

Pete Young
August 18, 2014, 03:32 PM
I see they have some purpose as I have one for business listings which allows for a extension url and one for private listings who do not want to be listed into the public bisiness listings / directory. even this i would prefer they could just chop n change if they wanted to. but my bigger concern was trying to set up a visitor type one where they could just get email updates from saved searches by entering email and a name, but then there is no way for them to upgrade ? if they wanted to ? that I can see

Chris Brown
August 18, 2014, 03:37 PM
Yeah just needs option to request change in user profile. With maybe admin options of either auto update or admin must approve the change

Viktor
August 19, 2014, 04:56 AM
Hello All,

Yes you are right in current version users cannot change their account types. Only Administrator can change it through admin panel.
WE will change it in the next version of the product,

Thanh Le
March 26, 2015, 02:42 PM
Hi!

Can someone update this issue? I also need only one type of account, buyer today can sell tomorrow.
I'm using 4.3 at the moment.

Thanks

Pete Young
March 27, 2015, 12:38 AM
Just Close one down and make it inactive, then rename the other one member or somesthing like that, the buyer seller thing is a little outdated and not needed.

Wei Hong
March 29, 2015, 12:17 PM
Hi!

Can someone update this issue? I also need only one type of account, buyer today can sell tomorrow.
I'm using 4.3 at the moment.

Thanks

What template are you using? Can you send me your website link i will give you instruction.