PDA

View Full Version : Data Entries Filter

Renato Mendonca
July 17, 2014, 04:21 PM
Hi Guys,

First of all let me say this is a great product. And this request is being addressed as change request. Even so i am not sure the way this should be done so i will put my problem here.

I do have several categories which have condition field. But each one of them have different data entries.

For example:
Realty have "new", cars don't have.

So this changes between categories. There is always a way that is create several fields and data entries. One for each category. This is very difficult to mantain and to manage. If they have the same name is like a lottery to understand which field is correct for that category.

Saying this filter data entries for me is a must have. Any thoughts if Flynax already do this or any thoughts on the way you guys do this on your sites? :blink:

Tks

Pete Young
July 17, 2014, 04:33 PM
You should be able to build a huge set of listing fields without ever running into duplicate field names and once set easy to manage for example a Field called

realty type
auto type

would sort those 2, currently I have 49 active Fields and room to build another 49 if need be, if you can use a spread sheet to plan your categories and Fields it will help.

Renato Mendonca
July 17, 2014, 05:14 PM
Peter,

You are correct. But this will show everywhere as "Realty Type" and "Auto Type". They are 2 different fields. At the end both of them have similar data entries. Right?

That's exactly what i don't want. :)

Tks

Pete Young
July 18, 2014, 01:15 AM
Maybe expand a little more on what your looking to do / example, there is always a solution.