PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

Pete Young
June 23, 2014, 01:33 PM
This is probably a silly question / thought. But with every version having a lot of errors and then everybody having to find them or getting frustrated with the errors can there be some sort of plugin patch made for each version, / theme that covers errors. This way when an error is reported and fixed (say in 4.2) then all any body has to do is update their version of the 4.2 patch to fix all known errors ?

Wei Hong
June 24, 2014, 03:41 AM
I agree. Some bugs that have been fixed through tickets should be announced with detail and instruction. It would make flynax more professional in term of software provider.

Petrache Nicolae
June 24, 2014, 06:18 AM
i guess they prefer to have lots and lots of tickets created for the same bugs or they prefer to hide the no. of bugs the script has

Viktor
June 24, 2014, 07:02 AM
Hello All,

For every new version we are fixing old bugs and adding new things and users with old version can upgrade his version through patch. Every patch has bug fixes. We are try to identify and fix bugs but sometimes bugs appears and we are fixing it through tickets and on forum too. I wanna say and it will be true, doesn't exist applications or CMS without bugs and each company seeking ways for solving it each time and produce new versions without old bugs and we too.

Wei Hong
June 24, 2014, 08:51 AM
Hi Viktor,

Thanks for the reply. But I think Pete meant that the way Flynax are doing to fix the bugs isn't effective. As you can see, the email html bug has been reported 2 years ago in 2012. Please referred to this 2 years old thread:
http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?556-Errors-in-E-mail-Templates&p=9739#post9739

And this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ag0kk5QiUQ
But it is still not fixed.

As of now, we are still struggling to have this bug fixed. Please any1 message me if it cost money to fix it. Because my assignment is due by this Friday and I need to have it fixed asap. I have explained my urgent situation in my ticket submit last week.

Pete Young
June 24, 2014, 01:14 PM
Hello All,

For every new version we are fixing old bugs and adding new things and users with old version can upgrade his version through patch. Every patch has bug fixes. We are try to identify and fix bugs but sometimes bugs appears and we are fixing it through tickets and on forum too. I wanna say and it will be true, doesn't exist applications or CMS without bugs and each company seeking ways for solving it each time and produce new versions without old bugs and we too.

Hello Viktor, so that I understand, lets say I have version 4.1 are you saying that if i get the version 4.1 patch it will fix all known and reported errors found in 4.1 ?
Pete

Viktor
June 26, 2014, 04:30 AM
Hello Pete,

Nope we have no patches for fix something in current version. We have patches for upgrade product to next version with bug fixes. Also you can implement our patches if you haven't many customizations because you can clear it. That's why simply to fix bugs or implement some new things from new version then upgrade your current site. Because many our clients has many customizations and implement patch for upgrade version without consequences is almost impossible. But if you have 1-2 customizations we can install fresh version and move customizations from your old site may be free may be for a small fee.

Pete Young
June 26, 2014, 01:08 PM
Thanks Viktor, appreciate your feedback and explanation.