PDA

View Full Version : {location} appears when hover over category name

Ionut Barabasa
June 10, 2014, 09:44 AM
Hello

In the new responsive template with geo filtering activated , when hovering mouse over category name can see the category title+{location} How to fix this?

Viktor
June 11, 2014, 03:39 AM
Hello Ionut,

Would you please create a ticket with you request. We will solve it there.

Petrache Nicolae
June 11, 2014, 04:13 AM
Hello Ionut,

Would you please create a ticket with you request. We will solve it there.

since this is a bug, would not be best if you will post here the fix so that we all can apply it? or we should all flood flynax with tickets?

Ionut Barabasa
June 11, 2014, 09:50 AM
I post here a photo with the problem. Is from the general demo on flynax server. If you add the {location} to your category title you will see this when you hover mouse over category name

Yes i agree should be a solution posted here for everyone. Also you should fix this on your demo too

Viktor
June 11, 2014, 09:54 AM
Hello Petrache Nicolae,

In our default version we cannot find this bug. All ok for us. That's why we should detect this but on their site and then if you want of course we can write solution here for the bug, but may be the errors occurred because some code was customized. And all other people don't want to see solution for this bug :)

Petrache Nicolae
June 11, 2014, 10:19 AM
Hello Petrache Nicolae,

In our default version we cannot find this bug. All ok for us. That's why we should detect this but on their site and then if you want of course we can write solution here for the bug, but may be the errors occurred because some code was customized. And all other people don't want to see solution for this bug :)

Please see the previous message from Ionut

Ionut Barabasa
June 11, 2014, 12:03 PM
Hello

On your site this bug is not visible because you did not put { location} in category titles. I logged in you admin section forGeneral Responsive and i added {location} in one category title and i got the result you can see again in photo

{location} must be added to your category title and metadescription so you wont have duplicate title and metadescriptions when you use geo filtering

Ionut Barabasa
June 12, 2014, 08:46 AM
Nothing? No solution?

Mike
June 16, 2014, 10:47 AM
Dear Ionut,

I have resolved it for your website, here is solution for others

Admin Panel>>Database >> paste this code and click go

UPDATE `{sql_prefix}hooks` SET `Code` = 'if( $GLOBALS[''geo_format''] && !$GLOBALS[''rlMobile''] -> isMobile ) { $param1 = $GLOBALS[''rlMultiField''] -> adaptCategories( $param1 ); } $param1 = $GLOBALS[''rlMultiField''] -> adaptOtherData( $param1, true );' WHERE `Name` = 'phpCategoriesGetCategoriesCache' AND `Plugin` = 'multiField'

Petrache Nicolae
June 16, 2014, 03:36 PM
Dear Ionut,

I have resolved it for your website, here is solution for others

Admin Panel>>Database >> paste this code and click go

UPDATE `{sql_prefix}hooks` SET `Code` = 'if( $GLOBALS[''geo_format''] && !$GLOBALS[''rlMobile''] -> isMobile ) { $param1 = $GLOBALS[''rlMultiField''] -> adaptCategories( $param1 ); } $param1 = $GLOBALS[''rlMultiField''] -> adaptOtherData( $param1, true );' WHERE `Name` = 'phpCategoriesGetCategoriesCache' AND `Plugin` = 'multiField'

Thanks for sharing the fix. It would be nice to have a section where all the fixes are keept and available to anyone untill new revision of main script is released.

Ionut Barabasa
October 15, 2014, 03:11 AM
Hello

This solution will fix the problem but will ruin the menu. After apply this the {location} will appear this time when hovering over top menu items. For example " Home {location}" How to fix this?

Mike
October 15, 2014, 03:31 AM
You are not allowed to add {location} to the name of pages (menu names) unfortunately,
you can add it to the title of page, but please not to use it in the name of page.

Ionut Barabasa
October 15, 2014, 03:39 AM
Hello :) Of course i added {location} to the title not name. And only after applied the solution presented in this thread this problem appears when hovering mouse over top menu items.
I attach a photo

Ionut Barabasa
October 22, 2014, 08:18 AM
Hello
So no fix for this? We just stay with a broken site? Imagine tou hover mouse over a site menu and you get this Menu item name + {location} DO you think will look trustable?

Ionut Barabasa
October 23, 2014, 06:21 AM
Ok so is ok to have this big bug visible right?

Spencer Culpin
April 3, 2016, 02:38 AM
Hi, did you find a solution to this problem? If so can you forward the code update as I've got the same problem when I view the site menu when using {location} .

Many thanks.

Mike
April 4, 2016, 04:11 AM
Hello,

Please submit ticket to the helpdesk with ftp login details, we will check.