PDA

View Full Version : Profil Picture

Matthieu Kauffmann
May 11, 2014, 04:36 PM
Hello,

It would be great to quickly implement a far better solution for the Profil Pictures.
Right now, to look OK they have to be uploaded in 200*100 pixels...
Trust me, most users are not going to change the size of logos.

We need something that make the logo look good automatically, with any size.

Thanks,

Viktor
May 13, 2014, 09:29 AM
Hello Matthieu,

And Do you want to upload logos without resize?? But some users upload logos with too big sizes and it will break account details page.

Matthieu Kauffmann
May 14, 2014, 10:30 AM
Hi Viktor,

I don't know the best solution, needs to be thought about.
But for sure, the actual way, forcing the user to upload a 200*100 pixels picture is not that good. (most of person don't know how to change the size of a picture to be honest).

Something like manual cropping maybe?

Viktor
May 14, 2014, 11:07 AM
Hello Matthieu,

[quote] (most of person don't know how to change the size of a picture to be honest).[qoute]

yes you are right. And what solution do you want for?

Matthieu Kauffmann
May 14, 2014, 12:08 PM
I don't know what is the best.
Should not be only for me, but a better way implemented in the template or flynax.

Maybe giving the possibility to do
"Cropping by users"
Similar to when a user upload a picture for a listing.
(but I think, there are some bugs with the functionality)

Viktor
May 15, 2014, 03:28 AM
Hello Matthieu,

(but I think, there are some bugs with the functionality)

it's not a bug ;) because it's working :) May be small defect :)
Ok I have said about it to our developers and may be we will change it in new version.

Milea Ionut
November 27, 2014, 12:36 PM
I have a similar issue too. Is it possible to change the cropping dimensions for the profile picture? Now is 200*100 and I want the width to be 260, to fit nicely in their account. I have changed the width in tpl/blocks/account_page_info.tpl, but the picture quality is not so good.

Thank you!

Viktor
November 28, 2014, 03:46 AM
Hello Milea,

You can change resolution here: ftp://templates>>your_template>>request.ajax.php
find code at line ~157:

if ( $thumbnail_name = $rlActions -> upload('thumbnail', $thumbnail_name, 'C', array(200, 100), false, false) ) {

and change parameters: 200, 100 to bigger which you need.

Milea Ionut
November 28, 2014, 10:00 AM
Thank you Viktor!

Pete Young
February 8, 2017, 04:20 AM
Hello Milea,

You can change resolution here: ftp://templates>>your_template>>request.ajax.php
find code at line ~157:

if ( $thumbnail_name = $rlActions -> upload('thumbnail', $thumbnail_name, 'C', array(200, 100), false, false) ) {

and change parameters: 200, 100 to bigger which you need.

Hello Viktor, this is an old post and I can not seem to find that path, where would we now find how to edit the size of the logo, currently it sits at 100px * 100px

thanks