PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Similar Listings Plugin

John
May 5, 2014, 09:57 AM
Hi there,
Today we are releasing a new "Similar Listings" plugin, which creates a new box in the sidebar on the
listing details page and fetches similar listings to that new box. We are waiting for you feedbacks here!

John

Chris Brown
May 5, 2014, 10:54 AM
Look forward to trying this out. When will download be available? :D

Chris Brown
May 5, 2014, 12:30 PM
The basics seem to be there and works fine.
If in admin I set it to exact match what fields will it try to match up?

Maybe have option to set fields in admin for the plugin to try and match listings upto. But maybe this would only work better for auto sites and not general sites.

For example if I am looking at a diesel fueled car the similar box should show diesels and not petrol if you know what I mean

Chris Brown
May 5, 2014, 12:49 PM
I suppose though if I had a wider variety of similar listings to choose from it would be more accurate :)

John
May 5, 2014, 12:57 PM
Here the link to the Similar Listings plugin page: http://www.flynax.com/plugins/similarlistings.html

Chris Brown
May 5, 2014, 01:09 PM
Yeah just spotted a few more in depth things so ignore my last few posts LOL

Wei Hong
May 6, 2014, 05:50 AM
Hi,

I get a MySQL error when I submit a built from Similar listing builder in a specific category. If I left the builder blank. It show as follow in the screenshot:

With no picture, and url to the ads.
How do I fix it?
Thanks

Ionut Barabasa
May 6, 2014, 09:21 AM
Hello

I noticed is doesnt work with all kinds of fields when you build the form. I used dropdown and it worked. First i got same msql error when i used other fields

autocy
May 7, 2014, 06:57 PM
Mysql Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1 on line# 45 (file: /home/autocy/public_html/plugins/similarListings/rlSimilarListings.class.php)

Viktor
May 8, 2014, 04:00 AM
Hello,

I opened your site and couldn't find any errors. Would you please explain me how can I get this mysql error.

autocy
May 9, 2014, 06:42 AM
I don't Know Victor, it was in the error.log

Pete Young
June 3, 2014, 02:45 AM
Is there a guide on using this anywhere ? No matter what I am doing I am not getting any results and am left confused ? thanks

?? I get it I think ? This can only show once the item has been selected and you go to view details page ? is this correct ? or can it be shown in sub categories as well / ?

Think I have this all about face / thanks

if this only shows on the details page ? is there an option where i can set things so that if it is a paid listing this does not show and if it is free it will ? also whats the thing with using a big site settings and normal setting as I see nothing there to change any settings ?

Petrache Nicolae
June 9, 2014, 05:21 AM

i have changed the setting from your demo and placed the block in the bottom. and now i have some questions/remarks:
1. why the block shows always just 3 ads?
2. the block should be filled with ads and it should work like a carousel, allowing users to see fast more than 3 or 4 ads wich are visible by default
3. the listings inside the box should be centered becouse if we will have 4 ads instead of 3, we will still have a bigger space in right side compared to left one.