PDA

View Full Version : General Responsive template

Ramu Palanisamy
April 12, 2014, 02:34 PM
Not able to Registration on General Flatty. Its going out of the page.

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 08:26 AM
i have made a clean install of 4.3 with general responsive. i have installed the regular addons among wich multifield addon. have set up all perfect. have created 2 levels - state and city

bugs that apear just with general responsive (with general green none of these apear in this clean install)

1. when i try to create an account i can't becouse in step 2, at privacy policy, the checkbox is missing 917
after i press on next button, i receive the error message and now the checkbox apear and i can finish the register 918

2. when i create the account, the multifields shows and work properly. i can select the state and than the proper city from that state
but, when i try to create a listing, multifields is not ok. i can see just city (state is missing). if i disable the need for selecting state/city (so i can move forward), i will skip those and i arrive at image loading. I select 9 images and the upload process begins and i can see that images are pixelated 919 and olso, in the middle of the loading process my web page closes by itself (tried twice to confirm this).

I repeat, all these bugs do not happen if i switch to general green template and olso i can not see them in your demo.

3. i can see the plan select page, even if i have just 1. if we have 1, the page should be hidden and visible if you have 2+ plans to see the differences between them

in ie8 there are countless bugs

920 text area is not centered

921 login area is a mess

ps Have made a new subdomain in wich i made another clean install of general green + general flatty and again, multifield is not working ok. field State doesn't show and can't move forward.

ps 2 Have made countless attempts in main domain or subdomain and in all cases, with flatty the multifields will not be ok. However, i managed to find the problem. To populate the multifields, i use the addon Data entries import and the resulted fields perform PERFECT in 4.2 or 4.3 (all templates except responsive ones). I tried something different and created manualy some fields for multifields and those created manualy do show ok. So the problem commes from the responsive template wich doesn't recognise properly the data entries import- in the Create a new listing is not ok but in filtering the ads it performs ok.

ps3 turns out that the field actualy is there but it has display: none;

<div class="submit-cell clearfix" style="display: none;">
<div class="name">Județ</div>
<div id="sf_field_b_states" class="field single-field">
<input id="b_states_val" type="hidden" value="">
<input id="b_states_lastsel" type="hidden" value="b_states">
<input class="b_states_mf" type="hidden" value="b_states">
<script type="text/javascript">
<select name="f[b_states]">
</div>
</div>

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 08:27 AM
922 in ie8, the categories shows in 1 single column instead of 2

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 08:37 AM
if i try to create a listing, i can see that the scroll bar in missplaced, olso nothing happens if i click on a 1-st level category (subcategories do not show).

if i select a category without subcategories, i can move forward and many issues like text misplaced in dropdowns, selector for dropdowns is not ok, not all the steps have background, step back in in 2 lines... again, the multifield is not ok.

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 08:41 AM
John, all the responsive templates are the same (identical in look and functions) so why do we have such bugs after so many weeks of testing responsive template?

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 08:58 AM

in ie8, i have added a short name and the red message shows. that remained like that, didn't fade after 2-3 sec. olso, it could not be closed from the x.

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 10:13 AM

just in ie8, i have a empty block in right side, even if i already have middle left + middle right blocks. in chrome/ firefox, this doesn't happen

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 10:20 AM

unless you provide us a tool in admin area to control the size and the image/link loaded as banner, we should not have by default such option. Not many of your customers do know how to remove it via css. And those who do, can easy add such block if they wish.

Wei Hong
April 13, 2014, 10:44 AM
This is a screenshot of contact form from my iphone. It doesnt look nice at all. Can it be fixed?

Wei Hong
April 13, 2014, 10:46 AM
The form is confirmed to be disoriented on mobile in all flatty template including auto and boat.

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 11:03 AM
THIS IS THE BEST BUG (confirmed in demo)...

http://general.demoflynax.com/?template=general_flatty

click on Registration (from left top menu). Registration process begins. Press on continue, directly now or, fill in all the fields except personal page and you will see the red messages that you must do x,y. leave it like this and in 16-17 sec, the whole page closes by itself.

http://screencast.com/t/V2vC5xeA0L

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 11:14 AM
The form is confirmed to be disoriented on mobile in all flatty template including auto and boat.

bug confirmed. no wonder when we have again tables with fixed widths (<table class="submit">) into a responsive design

we should not have many of these bugs since all the responsive templates are the same as functions/design.

Ionut Barabasa
April 13, 2014, 06:38 PM
The listings are sorted by date. If change sorting to other, then can not choose DATE again. I brought this to you attention when you released Auto responsive template and I got answer that in beta 3 will be fixed. Now, in General responsive template, still have same problem.

Wei Hong
April 13, 2014, 08:33 PM

click on Registration (from left top menu). Registration process begins. Press on continue, directly now or, fill in all the fields except personal page and you will see the red messages that you must do x,y. leave it like this and in 16-17 sec, the whole page closes by itself.

I have tested this out. Click on registration page, click next, then the red table pull down and leave it there for like 5 minutes. But the page didn't close on me. I'm using mac osx 10.9, firefox.

Petrache Nicolae
April 14, 2014, 04:13 AM
I have tested this out. Click on registration page, click next, then the red table pull down and leave it there for like 5 minutes. But the page didn't close on me. I'm using mac osx 10.9, firefox.

well, i tried from home right now, so another pc, with chrome and same thing happened. just like in the movie i posted. bug confirmed

Ramu Palanisamy
April 15, 2014, 05:47 PM
Banner size is wrong. If we give 300x250 its showing vertical banner it must be 300x250 size.

Even the same problem for all size banners.

Ramu

Ramu Palanisamy
April 15, 2014, 05:59 PM
For classified site Contact owner information is important so please remove mail box simple and add CONTACT OWNER text Menu.

Like this

Ramu Palanisamy
April 15, 2014, 06:06 PM
Please add related ads box its very very important all free software also providing this option its very good for classified website. Please dont say we will add in flynax 5.0.

Ionut Barabasa
April 15, 2014, 07:19 PM
Hello

How to force gallery view as default? I tried your advice from another post, but is not working

You can try change it in the following way:

- open the file templates/your_template/tpl/blocks/grid.tpl
- find this code (line ~3):

HTML Code:
{assign var='grid_mode' value=$smarty.cookies.grid_mode}
and change it to:

HTML Code:
{assign var='grid_mode' value='list'}

Petrache Nicolae
April 15, 2014, 07:44 PM
beside the non aligned text in ie8, here is another. try to use the dropdowns and you will see how nice they perform

John
April 16, 2014, 04:58 AM
Hi there,
I will review all feedback on the general template during this week.

John

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 06:26 AM
social icons looks ugly with partial black surrounding in ie8.

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 06:31 AM

we should have a + instead of that bar wich doesn't express properly that is the expand and that there are more options. Another solution would be to have a sliding bar like we have in multifield block. Users must recognice instant a option, not guessing that it may be something else in addition to what they see.

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 06:34 AM

another set of bad icons in ie8. the grid/list icons looks perfect. the favorites and add to compare are cut and ugly

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 06:44 AM

as you can see in image, we have quite a difference in font size between IE8 and Firefox (or chrome). We should not have this. Tet must look the same on desktop, regarding wich browser you use

another issue is the images. in IE8 i see cristal clear image but smaller than the container and in firefox/chrome i see the image epanded to fill the container but, the images are blurred now.

once again, this is happening in a 4.3 + general flatty installed clean. if specific size for images are required, why the admin area is populated with wrong sizes? and in adition the image + container must look the same in all browsers.

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 07:31 AM

another example of differences between browsers as text size and olso images (the same thing happens for big image preview or for thumbnails)

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 07:37 AM

i have used Location on map addon, wich, when creating the listing detected properly my location and show it fine in that step. after the listing is finalised, in listing details page, as you can see, the map is not showing even if will show when i click on it to expand it. olso, we have bad icons again

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 07:49 AM

we have print page.... now we see the whole rectangle image (not square as in website ) and what we do not see is any fields and no thumbnails for aditional images. NOTHING. in my case i see the personal address of the owner even if that field is not showing when i register since i do not want it to show it.

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 07:51 AM

what's with the text marked in the image? why the block is not working?

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 07:55 AM

close icon looks bad. text area should be larger - not cut off like now

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 08:04 AM

Since these are responsive templates, it woulded be best if we had the name of those fields directly into the box, with condition changing like in the search. you start to type and the title of the box dissapears. it's always easy and best to have 3 blocks that move one under the other.

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 08:10 AM

in ie8 we see 2 columns of listings intead of 3?

John, i spended a lot of time to check each responsive template that flynax released with the ideea that any bug i report will make the job easy for each next template but i never belived that is possible to be delayed by 4+ months now and see my template (general ) in the situation that it is. Becouse of the register, multifield issues and sudden page close (mentioned early), the template is totaly unusable and looks like i waited and spended my time for nothing.

Petrache Nicolae
April 16, 2014, 06:47 PM
out of curiosity i opened the general flatty in an android phone. remarks:
- the cookie sign moves up with the page? can i ask why do we even have it? once the user agrees, he sould not see it anymore. do you see gmail or yahoo or any other script doing that? nope...
- the alphabetical menu is unusable. responsive means that the website should have different settings for each type of device wich in the end must be usable. right now, the letters are tiny and you hardly can select the one you want. unless you have a pen or something
- again the images... in list mode, the images are absolutly horible. All the text is crisp and all the images are super blured. i have never sean something worse than this. if i touch the screen and slide a little, the image turns from super blured into a pixelated but still blured image untill you release the screen and than image is back not pixelated but extra blured.

will make some pictures next days to this and look further for issues
- the round login has a line bellow the bottom of round

here is the image problem

Petrache Nicolae
April 17, 2014, 11:48 AM

when expanded, not all categories are visible on mobile - tested with Nokia Remote Device Access

Petrache Nicolae
April 17, 2014, 11:50 AM

this bug happened 1 time on home pc and now, the second time, on nokia developer (mobile)

when i click on a listing to see the details, i get this blank page with the email address of the website and that is all. if i reload, will be ok.

happened again, on a samsung simulator 951

design
April 18, 2014, 01:18 PM
Since these are responsive templates, it woulded be best if we had the name of those fields directly into the box, with condition changing like in the search. you start to type and the title of the box dissapears. it's always easy and best to have 3 blocks that move one under the other.

RTFM

http://www.uxmatters.com/mt/archives/2010/03/dont-put-hints-inside-text-boxes-in-web-forms.php

http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/9220/on-forms-is-inline-placeholder-text-better-than-a-label-outside-each-field

Petrache Nicolae
April 18, 2014, 02:52 PM
RTFM

http://www.uxmatters.com/mt/archives/2010/03/dont-put-hints-inside-text-boxes-in-web-forms.php

http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/9220/on-forms-is-inline-placeholder-text-better-than-a-label-outside-each-field

for me, what i've said represents the best solution, in a responsive design. Complains that users may want to change something and may not know the title of the text area unless he delete it do not apply in this script wich has 2-3 text areas like this in any page. Did you ever filled in a page with data and decided to change something after the wole page is done? I hope not. You fill in the text and if something is wrong you adjust it at that moment.

If I click slightly the wrong place within the From or to text box, the helpful hint doesn’t disappear, so I end up searching for Station name / codeLeighton Buzzard, which, of course, isn’t what I want at all. - See more at: http://www.uxmatters.com/mt/archives/2010/03/dont-put-hints-inside-text-boxes-in-web-forms.php#sthash.fu2AZ7vv.dpuf
try to replicate that yourself in the search from header. you can't. web tehnologies have improved from the moment of that article (4 years). don't you think so? back than, the concept of responsive website was a joke to most of us.

Petrache Nicolae
April 20, 2014, 10:39 AM
if you scroll down the page as in image and you click on image, the lightbox will not show properly. in adition, if you have a full hd display, you will see the lightbox centered and at the top of page, with a huge gap between, you will see the controls of lightbox.

Image player must be relative to the center of the display, regardless of the screen resolution or size and olso, the controls must show right on top or on bottom or on the actual lightbox, so that users see it. It woulded be nice as well to have the rest of the images shown as thumbnails so users can click directly on the image they want to see.

a nice feature can be sean on http://olx.ro/oferta/hp-pavilion-dv5-intel-core-2-duo-2-4-ghz-ID1EhWJ.html#aefd50b507
click on image and the lightbox container that shows up has the main image, the thumbnails of remaining images and olso the relevant data like User, contact data, other listings of the seller etc.

Petrache Nicolae
April 20, 2014, 10:53 AM

from listing detail page i click on Add to compare. The listing shows for 1 sec in the compare flyout than dissapears. Counters remain 0. Tried many times in firefox or chrome and same thing happens

after 1 hour i tried again and this time it worked? this should not happen

it would be nice to have a x to close the compare flyout or close it if you click outside of it (right now will close only if you click on the black Comparision table.

Petrache Nicolae
April 20, 2014, 12:12 PM

chose category, subcategories block shows an from that you can click on Select and press on continue?

Petrache Nicolae
April 20, 2014, 12:16 PM

i've said already in a previous bug report that if only 1 plan is active, the plan must be selected by default and the step must be skiped.

in adition, we have a big space wich coresponds to featured (wich doesn'r exist anyway). a fix please

Petrache Nicolae
April 20, 2014, 12:30 PM
Please add grid/list view modes as well for Recently added page

Petrache Nicolae
April 20, 2014, 12:36 PM

please place the fields one under the other in the block with the seller details (listing details page) becouse right now they will be cut off

this whole area is so ugly in the new responsive. we should have something like Item sold by Seller name. beneth see the old Items sold by the seller. beneth we should see the contact data like phone, email adress, send a message. and beneth those we should see a block Location in wich show the location fields + the map.

Petrache Nicolae
April 20, 2014, 12:41 PM

for me at least, the new listing details page is uglier and not so practicle as the old one. in the old one we have on top tabs and when you click on each tab you get the proper information. in the new design, i see tab Listing and beneth nothing since i do not use (like many others) the fields group. so, if the fields group are not used, than the Listing tab should not exist, becouse there is nothing beneth.

Petrache Nicolae
April 20, 2014, 12:43 PM
when i click on Save as Pdf, a new page opens and instead of pdf i get 503 Service Unavailable - this happens to my old and new domain, in 4.2 and 4.3 so what is happening? is it something from flynax or from my host?

Petrache Nicolae
April 20, 2014, 04:56 PM

here is another nice bug. affecting functionality this time, not css

i have created 3 listings today. last of them is promoted via featured. after this, it shows up as first in the list. after this, i go and change another non featured listing -made the title longer and now that listing shows as first? WHY ANYONE SHOULD BOTHER TO PAY $ TO PROMOTE HIS LISTING IF AFTER 1 SEC FROM HIS PROMOTE, HE WILL BE AFTER REGULAR LISTINGS THAT ARE FINALISED AND NEWER BY SECONDS/MINUTES THAN HIS?

Khaled Chammout
April 21, 2014, 07:36 AM
I hope that the Flynax team use your reports and make these changes as soon as possible.
Great job!

Petrache Nicolae
April 21, 2014, 08:18 AM
I hope that the Flynax team use your reports and make these changes as soon as possible.
Great job!

i hope this as well. thanks

Petrache Nicolae
April 21, 2014, 08:24 AM

i have activated automatic image upload and as you can see, i see a message in wich i am instructed to press the upload button (wich doesn't exist since we have automatic upload). The message should be different like "Please wait for the automatic upload of images to end or remove them" or something like this.

Petrache Nicolae
April 21, 2014, 08:52 AM
another area where multifileds is not working properly is User account. I have registered just fine, multifields shows ok. i select state and then i select the relevant city for that state. i create the listing and in listing details page i see in right block the username and the proper location, like in register. If i click on username i land on user page and there, the multifields shows ok. But, if i login and i access Account details, there i see the state wich i have selected and the city is not selected. And to make things even worse, if i try to add city again i can't becouse in the dropdown for city i have the state dropdown?

Petrache Nicolae
April 21, 2014, 09:01 AM
John, honestly, i do not know what to say. Beside the category subcategory selection and the responsive design (wich in the end can be applied to old templates via media query), 4.3 and the responsive templates have brigged nothing but bugs. I have created 5 PAGES of bugs (i bet i didn't found them all) and for what? Superficial changes. I would expect such issues when you make major changes in functionality of the script by adding new functions. If we have such bugs from such small changes, should we stop wishing that flynax team improve the script by new functions becouse we will have an explosive growth of bugs?

Wei Hong
April 21, 2014, 05:53 PM
John, honestly, i do not know what to say. Beside the category subcategory selection and the responsive design (wich in the end can be applied to old templates via media query), 4.3 and the responsive templates have brigged nothing but bugs. I have created 5 PAGES of bugs (i bet i didn't found them all) and for what? Superficial changes. I would expect such issues when you make major changes in functionality of the script by adding new functions. If we have such bugs from such small changes, should we stop wishing that flynax team improve the script by new functions becouse we will have an explosive growth of bugs?

I bet you spent alot of time testing and more importantly writing reports for those bugs. Very well done. I don't know how long will it take but I'm sure Flynax Dev. will fix them all.

Petrache Nicolae
April 21, 2014, 06:15 PM
I bet you spent alot of time testing and more importantly writing reports for those bugs. Very well done. I don't know how long will it take but I'm sure Flynax Dev. will fix them all.

Yes, this has taken a lot of my time. It's at a level frustrating becouse i'm like a beta tester doing flynax job for free instead of working on my site. And even more frustrating is that maybe some of the bugs reported by me with images/videos do not exist/may not be reproduced in flynax demos wich in the end is a big issue. I've made several clean installs in main domain + subdomain and to see for instance that multifield works ok in flynax and not in my clean installs is not ok. On the other hand i know that all i have done is ok becouse the moment i switch to general green or any non responsive template, all the issues are gone. They are the experts so i hope they will find the problem.

For the ie8 bugs there is no excuse as long that they didn't bother to open 3 pages in responsive before moving the general responsive out of beta.

Petrache Nicolae
April 23, 2014, 06:01 AM
another area where the webpage closes by iteself....

i have a listing that expires. i received the email
Dear Adi,

The featured plan of your listing will expire in 5 days (27.04.2014).
Please log in to xxx to upgrade your listing plan, or use the link below to upgrade it:

http://www.xxx/actualizare/featured.html?id=4

when i click on the link i get 404 error message? 963

First of all, i should not see such error message. I should see the message "Please login if you wish to renew/upgrade the listing" or similar. IS SO WRONG to show a user a page not found when all he did was to follow the link from the email. In fact, if the user have followed a email link to perform an action, he shoulded be login automatic, withut the need of inserting username and password.
Second, if i do nothing on the page, the page will close by itself after 10-20 sec. I have made a movie just in case and i found interesting that with the jing recorder, the webpage closed much later, like 50-60 sec.

Ionut Barabasa
April 23, 2014, 08:15 AM

First of all, i should not see such error message. I should see the message "Please login if you wish to renew/upgrade the listing" or similar. IS SO WRONG to show a user a page not found when all he did was to follow the link from the email. In fact, if the user have followed a email link to perform an action, he shoulded be login automatic, withut the need of inserting username and password.
Second, if i do nothing on the page, the page will close by itself after 10-20 sec. I have made a movie just in case and i found interesting that with the jing recorder, the webpage closed much later, like 50-60 sec.

Hello

I brought this to their attention by ticket 1 month ago. No answer. And sometimes i get visitor sending email complaining about it. They get confused

Petrache Nicolae
April 24, 2014, 03:43 PM
Till John or flynax team starts to fix the list of bugs, here's another one, afecting the new Categories left block (wich is great except the bug bellow)

I have as main categories:
A
B
C
D

Category A has as subcategories:
A1
A2
A3
A4

Subcategoy A1 has as subcategories:
A1.1
A1.2
A1.3

If i reach level 3 (A1.1) i see on top <---A (main category) - back to Level 1 category

Actualy, when i am on level 2, i should see the back to Level 1 and when i am on Level 3 i should see the back to Level 2.

A fix please and may i know when all the bugs will be fixed?

Petrache Nicolae
April 27, 2014, 05:02 PM
i had an featured lsiting and i received the email
Your featured listing at xxx has expired. The system will downgrade it to an ordinary one.
If you want to upgrade the status of your listing please log in to renew it or use the link below:
http://www.xxx/actualizare/featured.html?id=4

Please follow the link to view the listing details:
test 3

i have clicked on the link from the end of the message and once i log in i get a error "The listing is either inactive or expired"?
964 this is wrong.

if i click on the first link to renew, i get the old "ERROR 404: Requested page not found" instead of the proper message "Please log in...." as mentioned in a previous report

Ionut Barabasa
April 27, 2014, 05:34 PM
1) No captcha for SEND MESSAGE in the listing details. This means listing owners will receive spam.

2 ) In case will set only that registered members can send messages, then there is no button to send message. So how can unregistred visitors know where to press to send a message and how can they know they have to registered to be able to send mail? Do you think this has any logic? There should be a message button also for unregistered visitors and prompt them to go and register

Petrache Nicolae
April 28, 2014, 07:38 PM
here is another nice bug...

http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/index3.html?sort_by=price&sort_type=asc

if we are in the root of listings and try to filter the listings via price ascending + price descending, you will notice that is not working.
if you go into a subcategory, the search works as it should

in adition, where we have the 2 filters - price up + price down, why do we have the same sign for both (down sign). the sign must point up when you filter by price ascending and sign down (as it shows right now), only when we use filter by price descending.

in my clean install i noticed another bug (wich dowsn't show in demo)...when i first enter the listings list, i have Condition as default filter. The moment i use another filter (price up or down), the Condition filter dissapears.

NOW, I WISH THAT SOMEONE FROM FLYNAX REPLY TO THIS. WILL THESE BUGS BE FIXED SOON OR I SHOULD WAIT ANOTHER 5 MONTHS. John was quite upset becouse i remind him twice in a week + to take a look at these bugs (judging by the reaction he had in another thread). Thanks

John
May 1, 2014, 08:29 AM
1. when i try to create an account i can't becouse in step 2, at privacy policy, the checkbox is missing 917
after i press on next button, i receive the error message and now the checkbox apear and i can finish the register 918
Fixed in 1.2 template version

2. when i create the account, the multifields shows and work properly. i can select the state and than the proper city from that state
but, when i try to create a listing, multifields is not ok. i can see just city (state is missing). if i disable the need for selecting state/city (so i can move forward), i will skip those and i arrive at image loading.
Multifield works on both add listing and registration in 1.2 template version for me.

I select 9 images and the upload process begins and i can see that images are pixelated 919 and olso, in the middle of the loading process my web page closes by itself (tried twice to confirm this).

The pictures are pixeleted because the image size is stil 120x80 in your image settings in admin panel,
change it to 190x110 instead.

3. i can see the plan select page, even if i have just 1. if we have 1, the page should be hidden and visible if you have 2+ plans to see the differences between them

It isn't template problem, we have solve it in 4.3 version of the software.

in ie8 there are countless bugs

Old IE browser is out of modern technologies and we don't take into consideration them much.
Looking at this statistics: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_explorer.asp
We can see that less then 3% of users still on IE8 and I hope they will think better of it and start using normal browser soon.
Anyway we will review the new templates in IE 8 and 9 and fix them most critical bugs like content mess and other.

John

John
May 1, 2014, 08:35 AM
This is a screenshot of contact form from my iphone. It doesnt look nice at all. Can it be fixed?

Fixed in template 1.2 version

John

John
May 1, 2014, 08:43 AM

unless you provide us a tool in admin area to control the size and the image/link loaded as banner, we should not have by default such option. Not many of your customers do know how to remove it via css. And those who do, can easy add such block if they wish.

You can't change the banner, this template design supports only predefined banner size.
If you want to remove the banner you should do the following simple steps:
1. open /template/general_flatty/content.tpl
2. remove code from the end of the file:

<div class="header-banner-cont">
<div class="point1">
<div id="header-banner">
{include file='blocks'|cat:$smarty.const.RL_DS|cat:'header_ banner.tpl'}
</div>
</div>
</div>

3. open file styles.css in template css folder and find this code:

body > header {
height: 158px;
position: relative;
z-index: 1000;
margin-top: 106px;
background: white;
}

and this code in the same file:

body > header {
height: auto;
margin-top: 75px;
}

and remove "margin-top: 106px;" line from the stack.

That is all.

John

John
May 1, 2014, 08:48 AM

Bets bug... :)
You are like bugs hunter here, btw why do you use the CAPS LOCK? do you think it makes your narration more significant?
Anyway this bug fixed in template version 1.2.

John

John
May 1, 2014, 09:09 AM
The listings are sorted by date. If change sorting to other, then can not choose DATE again. I brought this to you attention when you released Auto responsive template and I got answer that in beta 3 will be fixed. Now, in General responsive template, still have same problem.

We were not able to solve in through the template only, some changes are required in the software.
I have added this to our TODO, fix will be added to 4.4 Software Update.

John

John
May 1, 2014, 09:20 AM
Banner size is wrong. If we give 300x250 its showing vertical banner it must be 300x250 size.

Even the same problem for all size banners.

Ramu
Here the fix (will be added to 1.3 template version):
1. add the following code line to the end of the style.css file:

div.banner {
display: inherit!important;
}

John
May 1, 2014, 09:28 AM
Please add related ads box its very very important all free software also providing this option its very good for classified website. Please dont say we will add in flynax 5.0.

We are working on Similar Listings plugin now and beta already available on the demos, for example:
http://auto.demoflynax.com/autos/bmw/m3/bmw-m3-2008-21.html

I hope the new plugin will be released next week.

John

Petrache Nicolae
May 1, 2014, 09:30 AM
Bets bug... :)
John

1. fix for checkbok in register is confirmed
2. please use my domain to create a subdomain, make a clean install 4.3 + data entries plugin + multifields + general flatty, than, use a location data entries file to make automatic upload and let me know if that works for you. I said already that i have clean 4.3 + the addons and the fileds do not show, unless you create manualy each value instead of import via date entries import.
3.regarding the size of pictures. Corect me if i am wrong, but, if i made a clean install of 4.3 + general flatty (only that template), why the script doesn't have the proper settings regarding images? Further, if that is not posible (even if we both now it is), why there is no file or mention with the changes that needs to be done if you use responsive templates? Or should we guess?
4. "plan visible even if there is only one", wich you say it is fixed starting from 4.3...It is not fixed becouse i have clean install of 4.3 and i see that step in general green or general flatty.
5. regarding ie8. I know as well that the browser is outdated but, liked or not, ie8 is delivered by default with windows 7 wich is not such an old platform. In my country many is using it exactly becouse of this. In adition, i didn't like to see that there are differences between flatty templates in ie8 (not nice).
6. regarding the banner, you overlooked the basic ideea. Why create a block that can't be managed from admin? You want to put a advertising block on top of header. Fine. But create the proper area in Admin CP from wich we can set up the size, the code that it accepts and if we want it to be visible or not. Myself, i do know how do hide a block via hard codding. But have you asked how many of your clients do know how to do this? Most of them do not know even how to make a regular backup... Or they should contact and pay flynax to fix a issue that should not exist from the begining? Again, not nice.
7. Best bug...yes, in capital letter becouse i found it tottaly unnaceptable to have a bug that closes the whole page. Never have sean something similar so far. Anyway, fix is confirmed so thanks

John
May 1, 2014, 09:30 AM

as you can see in image, we have quite a difference in font size between IE8 and Firefox (or chrome). We should not have this. Tet must look the same on desktop, regarding wich browser you use

another issue is the images. in IE8 i see cristal clear image but smaller than the container and in firefox/chrome i see the image epanded to fill the container but, the images are blurred now.

once again, this is happening in a 4.3 + general flatty installed clean. if specific size for images are required, why the admin area is populated with wrong sizes? and in adition the image + container must look the same in all browsers.

Font size issue has been fixed in 1.2 template version.

John

John
May 1, 2014, 09:32 AM

i have used Location on map addon, wich, when creating the listing detected properly my location and show it fine in that step. after the listing is finalised, in listing details page, as you can see, the map is not showing even if will show when i click on it to expand it. olso, we have bad icons again

I wasn't able to reproduce such problem from my side, can I take a look this problem at your website?
PM me the access details please.

John

John
May 1, 2014, 09:37 AM

what's with the text marked in the image? why the block is not working?

Because the account hasn't location data I think.

Petrache Nicolae
May 1, 2014, 09:52 AM
I wasn't able to reproduce such problem from my side, can I take a look this problem at your website?
PM me the access details please.

John

i have sent a PM with all the data needed. You can check/test any issue that i reported especialy multifield +data entries issue in general flatty

Petrache Nicolae
May 1, 2014, 09:53 AM
Font size issue has been fixed in 1.2 template version.

John

Ok, the fonts are fixed. But what about the images and their containers?

Chris Brown
May 1, 2014, 04:37 PM
We are working on Similar Listings plugin now and beta already available on the demos, for example:
http://auto.demoflynax.com/autos/bmw/m3/bmw-m3-2008-21.html

I hope the new plugin will be released next week.

John

Great :) looking forward to this, have been wanting something like this for a while

Petrache Nicolae
May 6, 2014, 10:21 PM
i wonder if we will have a bug free template this year (at this speed)

John
May 13, 2014, 10:29 AM

this bug happened 1 time on home pc and now, the second time, on nokia developer (mobile)

when i click on a listing to see the details, i get this blank page with the email address of the website and that is all. if i reload, will be ok.

happened again, on a samsung simulator 951
It isn't template bug, here the fix:
Open file: /includes/classes/rlSmarty.class.php and find the code:

$code = <<<VS
<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
var $var1 = $js_l;var $var2 = $js_i;var $var3 = new Array();for(var i = 0; i<$var1.length;i+=$step){ $var3.push({$var1}[{$var2}[i]]); } for(var i = 0; i<$var3.length;i++){document.write({$var3}[i]);}
//]]></script><noscript>{$lang['noscript_show_email']}</noscript>
VS;
echo $code;

And replace the code above with new code:

$GLOBALS['encoded_email_index'] = $GLOBALS['encoded_email_index'] ? $GLOBALS['encoded_email_index'] + 1 : 1;
$code = <<<VS
<span id="encoded_email_{$GLOBALS['encoded_email_index']}"></span><script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
var $var1 = $js_l;var $var2 = $js_i;var $var3 = new Array(); var js_e = '';for(var i = 0; i<$var1.length;i+=$step){ $var3.push({$var1}[{$var2}[i]]); } for(var i = 0; i<$var3.length;i++){js_e += {$var3}[i]}; $('#encoded_email_{$GLOBALS['encoded_email_index']}').html(js_e).next().remove();
//]]></script><noscript>{$lang['noscript_show_email']}</noscript>
VS;
echo $code;

John

John
May 13, 2014, 11:03 AM

here is another nice bug. affecting functionality this time, not css

i have created 3 listings today. last of them is promoted via featured. after this, it shows up as first in the list. after this, i go and change another non featured listing -made the title longer and now that listing shows as first? WHY ANYONE SHOULD BOTHER TO PAY $ TO PROMOTE HIS LISTING IF AFTER 1 SEC FROM HIS PROMOTE, HE WILL BE AFTER REGULAR LISTINGS THAT ARE FINALISED AND NEWER BY SECONDS/MINUTES THAN HIS?

Because it is recently added listings page where listings appears in timeline view.
User will never found the standard listings If we will place all featured listings first and even we should not
call this page as "recently added" in this case.

Anyway to change the logic as you want you should do this:
Open file: /includes/classes/rlListings.class.php and find the function named: getRecentlyAdded
in this function find the code:

$sql .= "ORDER BY `T1`.`Date` DESC ";
and replace with:

$sql .= "ORDER BY `Featured` DESC, `T1`.`Date` DESC ";

John

John
May 13, 2014, 11:21 AM

i have activated automatic image upload and as you can see, i see a message in wich i am instructed to press the upload button (wich doesn't exist since we have automatic upload). The message should be different like "Please wait for the automatic upload of images to end or remove them" or something like this.
I am unable to reproduce the problem, please try to do it on the demo website and let me know which browser did you use.

John

John
May 13, 2014, 11:47 AM

Sure, you should not see 404 page error, looks like the link is broken, could you look for the email template key
which was send to you? Also the error (which was mentioned many times) with auto closing page was fixed.

John

John
May 13, 2014, 11:54 AM
Till John or flynax team starts to fix the list of bugs, here's another one, afecting the new Categories left block (wich is great except the bug bellow)

I have as main categories:
A
B
C
D

Category A has as subcategories:
A1
A2
A3
A4

Subcategoy A1 has as subcategories:
A1.1
A1.2
A1.3

If i reach level 3 (A1.1) i see on top <---A (main category) - back to Level 1 category

Actualy, when i am on level 2, i should see the back to Level 1 and when i am on Level 3 i should see the back to Level 2.

A fix please and may i know when all the bugs will be fixed?
The "<---A (main category) - back to Level 1 category" link was added to the latest level because
once the user reached that level he don't see sub-categories deeper and that is why we navigate him back.

Anyway I suggest using the updated filter plugins (http://www.flynax.com/plugins/categoryfilter.html#changelog - see version 1.2.0)
which now may handle "Categories" field and finally it looks like this:981

John

John
May 13, 2014, 12:05 PM
1) No captcha for SEND MESSAGE in the listing details. This means listing owners will receive spam.

2 ) In case will set only that registered members can send messages, then there is no button to send message. So how can unregistred visitors know where to press to send a message and how can they know they have to registered to be able to send mail? Do you think this has any logic? There should be a message button also for unregistered visitors and prompt them to go and register

The latest reCaptcha update had fixed the problem a far as I know.
Please update the plugin and check the issue, your feedback would be very appreciated.

John

John
May 13, 2014, 02:10 PM
Hello Guys,
We have update the General Flatty template to 1.3 version, the almost bugs listed in this thread were fixed.
Looking forward to new bug reports and many thanks to Petrache for the help with testing.

John

Petrache Nicolae
May 13, 2014, 03:01 PM
Hello Guys,
We have update the General Flatty template to 1.3 version, the almost bugs listed in this thread were fixed.
Looking forward to new bug reports and many thanks to Petrache for the help with testing.

John

I woulded apreciated at least to tell wich bug is fixed or not. Or should i do again the check for each bug?

I can tell you right now that the biggest bug, regarding multifields is not fixed. Have made a new clean install with latest template revision and nothing is changed. First level will not show and becouse of this you can't select level 2. i've said countless times that this bug apears only in new responsive templates. If i activate general green, the bug is gone. You reguested the login data and i have provided all the info so you can do what you want to have this stupid bug fixed. so, will this bug be fixed or i am wasting my time for nothing?

I can tell olso that you can select first category "(wich is locked) and than the second level menu apears (for subcategories) and you can click on "Select" from the menu with the subcategories. This should not be allowed, becouse you will spin in circle. You click on "Select" and the button turns green and you can click on it and if you do, you will be returned to select main category.

will look later at the rest of the fixes to see what's fixed and what is not.

Petrache Nicolae
May 13, 2014, 03:05 PM
The "<---A (main category) - back to Level 1 category" link was added to the latest level because
once the user reached that level he don't see sub-categories deeper and that is why we navigate him back.

Anyway I suggest using the updated filter plugins (http://www.flynax.com/plugins/categoryfilter.html#changelog - see version 1.2.0)
which now may handle "Categories" field and finally it looks like this:981

John

i don't think you understanded the area with the issue.
In the new responsive templates, you created a new type of block wich exists outside Category filter plugin. This block will show the categories of the website, when you are in grid/list pages. The missing arrow has to be applied to this block.
How do i know that it has no connection to Category Filter plugin? Simple...if i switch to general green template, the block will stop working properly and olso, if i disable/delete in general flatty the installed addon "Category filter", the block will still show.

Petrache Nicolae
May 13, 2014, 03:09 PM
in ie11, the login box, once opened (so you can enter the data) has the facebook button outside partial 982

this may apear (will check later in ie8 to confirm), becouse in my language Login is Autentificare, wich means that if the button has longer text than x characters, the facebook button should move on a new row, bellow, and both should be centered horisontal.

the same issue is confirmed for ie8

Petrache Nicolae
May 13, 2014, 07:55 PM
IE8 bugs:

1. floating sticky bar (with search button) is not sticky. it goes up with the rest of the page
2. homepage carousel (featured) shows 1 item per run instead of 5 as in chrome
3. http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/books/ try to use the "Sort by" - chose any type and you will get Undefined page + red 404 error message. in chrome it works fine.
the x (close sign) on the 404 error message (as well on any popup message) is ugly, with dark margins, as the rest of the png's that i mentioned in a previous report - why didn't you fix the transparecy for all the png's used in the script?
4. when you expand the search bar, we do not see "Keyword Search" text as we do in chrome
5. all the dropdowns have a issue. you click to expand and it shows the dropdown for less than a second, than it colapse back. you have to click a second time to have it actualy expanded.
6. when you upload images to a listing, you have bellow some icons. the bin is perfect, the description pen is again ugly, with black margin.
7. when you upload a video the left icon is nice but the hover version is again ugly (PLEASE FIX ALL THE ICONS so i do not have to ckeck 10 times the icon issue. THANKS) 983
8. in listing details page, you have the seller block in right side. on it there is a contact with a envelope as icon. icon is ok but on hover we have again an ugly icon.
9. http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/electronics/ . we land in list mode. Now, change to grid and see the lovely result. 984
in http://general.demoflynax.com/listings.html we have 2 columns instead of 3 and at the bottom where the listings ends, we have a mess
10. in the previous link, we have list/grid mode and beside we have the brand new MAP button/function. when i click on it, i get 985
so i have on map just 1 listing, even if i have 8 listings in reality. since we are at 1.3, this shoulded be working till now. if is not, remove it since is not helping the users. we will look like amators.
11. this is not just in ie8 . the old counting 986
we see 38, 38, 38 and at last filter we see 35...so 3 are gone with the wind. I reported this issue and Viktor if i recall well said that there is no issue. once again, here is a proof that there is a bug regarding counting (as well from your demo as you can see ), so maybe you will deal with it. or, John, please tell me as well that there is not bug/or you can't replicate it and i will stop complaining about this.

enuf for this night. will resume tommorow.

John
May 14, 2014, 03:22 AM
I woulded apreciated at least to tell wich bug is fixed or not. Or should i do again the check for each bug?

I can tell you right now that the biggest bug, regarding multifields is not fixed. Have made a new clean install with latest template revision and nothing is changed. First level will not show and becouse of this you can't select level 2. i've said countless times that this bug apears only in new responsive templates. If i activate general green, the bug is gone. You reguested the login data and i have provided all the info so you can do what you want to have this stupid bug fixed. so, will this bug be fixed or i am wasting my time for nothing?

I can tell olso that you can select first category "(wich is locked) and than the second level menu apears (for subcategories) and you can click on "Select" from the menu with the subcategories. This should not be allowed, becouse you will spin in circle. You click on "Select" and the button turns green and you can click on it and if you do, you will be returned to select main category.

will look later at the rest of the fixes to see what's fixed and what is not.
Hello Petrache,
Regarding multifields bug, please submit a ticket and Mike will look into the problem deeper.

John

John
May 14, 2014, 03:59 AM
We have found the problem with the multifield plugin on the profile/registration pages, here the fix:
1. Open the file: /templates/FLATTY_TEMPLATE/tpl/blocks/reg_account.tpl
2. Find code: {rlHook name='tplListingFieldSelect'}
3. Replace with: {rlHook name='tplRegFieldSelect'}

John

Petrache Nicolae
May 14, 2014, 04:50 AM
We have found the problem with the multifield plugin on the profile/registration pages, here the fix:
1. Open the file: /templates/FLATTY_TEMPLATE/tpl/blocks/reg_account.tpl
2. Find code: {rlHook name='tplListingFieldSelect'}
3. Replace with: {rlHook name='tplRegFieldSelect'}

John

Hello John. The mulltifields shows/works just fine in register, without the fix. Always had. It is not working when you create a new listing. Another confirmation that is a responsive template issue since it works in all areas except create a new listing.

i forgot about the User account where is not working as well. sorry but i lost track of the bugs (since we had so many)

UPDATE
This has been fixed now in my website via ticket so i assume that the fix will be incorporated in the new template revision.

Wade H
May 14, 2014, 11:17 PM
I wish if there was a proper bug management system to see all the bugs in one place, and have the ability to report new bug, add comments and check what's fixed and whats not.
Currently reported bugs are scattered across multiple posts and it's hard to find out what's been fixed.

Petrache Nicolae
May 15, 2014, 05:05 AM
I wish if there was a proper bug management system to see all the bugs in one place, and have the ability to report new bug, add comments and check what's fixed and whats not.
Currently reported bugs are scattered across multiple posts and it's hard to find out what's been fixed.

yep. something like in ilance would be best

John
May 15, 2014, 06:10 AM
yep. something like in ilance would be best

Yes, we already thought about it, now choosing the better track system, could you show the "ilance" website?

John

Petrache Nicolae
May 15, 2014, 06:54 AM
Yes, we already thought about it, now choosing the better track system, could you show the "ilance" website?

John

I can't provide more details since the area is passworded and available only to registered memnbers, but here it is as look

and here is the logic

This should be like this

You have a webpage Issues in wich you have several posts, 1 for each revision of the main script + 1 for each plugin.
inside each of those posts you can see

meaning that you can post a new bug/request/suggestion and you will actualy create a new post inside of the original post. those can be filtered (as bugs/posts/suggestions) and in function is similar to what flynax has as the support ticket.

any new post (bug for instance) will have replies from developers or other users who can confirm the bug. If a sugestion/reguest is made, that is discussed and if the users agree on issue and developers will like it, they can mark it as flagged for future, meaning that in the next version will be implemented.

The issues in green are the fixed ones.

Another good thing in ilance is the issue tracker, meaning that when a bug is fixed, it will have a revision number and if you access it, you can actualy see wich code is changed/added and in wich file so you can apply it anytime, without the need to wait for the main script to be updated for instance.

I bet that there are others examples but ilance system does the job pretty well (Thanks Peter for this) (and once again, sorry i can't provide more images regarding this)

Petrache Nicolae
May 17, 2014, 06:54 AM
IE8 bugs:

1. floating sticky bar (with search button) is not sticky. it goes up with the rest of the page
2. homepage carousel (featured) shows 1 item per run instead of 5 as in chrome
3. http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/books/ try to use the "Sort by" - chose any type and you will get Undefined page + red 404 error message. in chrome it works fine.
the x (close sign) on the 404 error message (as well on any popup message) is ugly, with dark margins, as the rest of the png's that i mentioned in a previous report - why didn't you fix the transparecy for all the png's used in the script?
4. when you expand the search bar, we do not see "Keyword Search" text as we do in chrome
5. all the dropdowns have a issue. you click to expand and it shows the dropdown for less than a second, than it colapse back. you have to click a second time to have it actualy expanded.
6. when you upload images to a listing, you have bellow some icons. the bin is perfect, the description pen is again ugly, with black margin.
7. when you upload a video the left icon is nice but the hover version is again ugly (PLEASE FIX ALL THE ICONS so i do not have to ckeck 10 times the icon issue. THANKS) 983
8. in listing details page, you have the seller block in right side. on it there is a contact with a envelope as icon. icon is ok but on hover we have again an ugly icon.
9. http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/electronics/ . we land in list mode. Now, change to grid and see the lovely result. 984
in http://general.demoflynax.com/listings.html we have 2 columns instead of 3 and at the bottom where the listings ends, we have a mess
10. in the previous link, we have list/grid mode and beside we have the brand new MAP button/function. when i click on it, i get 985
so i have on map just 1 listing, even if i have 8 listings in reality. since we are at 1.3, this shoulded be working till now. if is not, remove it since is not helping the users. we will look like amators.
11. this is not just in ie8 . the old counting 986
we see 38, 38, 38 and at last filter we see 35...so 3 are gone with the wind. I reported this issue and Viktor if i recall well said that there is no issue. once again, here is a proof that there is a bug regarding counting (as well from your demo as you can see ), so maybe you will deal with it. or, John, please tell me as well that there is not bug/or you can't replicate it and i will stop complaining about this.

enuf for this night. will resume tommorow.

BESIDE THOSE, THIS IS THE UPDATED LIST OF ISSUES (will try to post them all in one reply).

1. 989

- please remove the -Select- from the category selection - we should see just the categories (if you remove it, we will lose as well the bug in wich we can click on select and the "Next" button turns green and we can move forward - when in reality we will be pushed back, in a loop)
- in ie8, you have to increase the height of the scroll bar and move it to the right edge, same as in chrome/firefox

2. 990

we have now the proper filters for price (price-ascending + price -descending).
please do the same thing for the Condition, meaning Condition (Used) + Condition (New) so that users whould know what the filter will do

3. 991

in ie8, the dropdwn bug is still confirmed. you have to press twice to have the dropdown expanded (instead of once as in chrome/firefox)

we should have a + instead of that bar wich doesn't express properly that is the expand and that there are more options. Another solution would be to have a sliding bar like we have in multifield block. Users must recognice instant a option, not guessing that it may be something else in addition to what they see.

we could have as well words Expand -when menu is collapsed and Collapse - when menu is expanded.
or, we could have + sign
I am aware that you may consider this a personal preference but try to see it from average pc user view

5. 992

on hover, the icons are ugly in ie8 (as so many others so please, make an efort and fix them all so i will not have to check each one of them)

6. 994
when on 0, the price must look the same as it does when it has 1-100 for instance, so it must be expanded

this time i did not installed plugin Location on map so instead, i used just the multifields from wich i have added Country/State/ City. When the listing is finished, i have the same blank box for location, but, if i click on the box, the map expands to full page and shows the proper location, as stipulated in the submit listing. John, you said that my Google Map api code was wrong, so i change it and i have the same issue. So this was not the issue, thing confirmed when i change the template to general green, where it works just fine.

How can we have the old map from general green wich doesn't expand on full screen in new page and wich allows zoom from the box itself?

Petrache Nicolae
May 17, 2014, 08:20 AM
please see previous section

8. 995

i have clicked on Print page and i see some issues:
- the image from print page is not the first image from the listing (it is the second one)
- not all the fields show - i have description field (Descriere), and that is not showing at all in print page.

9. 996

again, the image sizes. in any responsive design, all developers do not increase the size of original image becouse it will look pixelated/blured. so why did you use this bad aproach?
as you can see in image, the 240px width has a bigger image than as in +720px. things get's even worse on 320 or 480px where the image is increased by 30-40%. This is so wrong and should not work like this.
The 240px should show a slightly smaller image to fit in.
The 320px should show the same image size as in 720px (default) and in case of 480px, we should have a slightly smaller image than in the case of 720px + have 2 columns instead of 1 as it is now.

in adition, the 240px size should show a slightly smaller image to fit in and we should see the stars + favorites/compare +date, one under the other, not all in 1 line becouse the date can't be sean. This is responsive mode in the end.

10. 997

please remove the display of categories in 2 columns for mobile devices when resolution is lower than 768px. it is wrong to show partial names of categories. users can't guess what each partial title mean becouse nobody has categories titles composed of 3-5 characters. see how it looks even with your demo.

11. 998

the same ideea as in 10. applies for footer links. we must not have any cut off links

12. 999

unless i miss something, in mobile device, the compare is not working. i add items to compare and then? i can't find any button/flyout for the actual compare like on desktop

13. Please add grid/list view modes as well for Recently added page

for me at least, the new listing details page is uglier and not so practicle as the old one. in the old one we have on top tabs and when you click on each tab you get the proper information. in the new design, i see tab Listing and beneth nothing since i do not use (like many others) the fields group. so, if the fields group are not used, than the Listing tab should not exist, becouse there is nothing beneth.

Petrache Nicolae
May 17, 2014, 12:14 PM
see previos points.

15. 1000

in mobile, when creating a new listing we have an horizontal overflow (scroll) that should not exist. please remove it

16. 1001

the plan page is not ok in mobile. we should see the block and beneth Standard listing +/- Featured listing and after all we should see the second type of plan.

as it is now, we see 2 columns, the first 1 is fixed with wasted space in sides and between rows and the second column with Standard/Featured is Crushed in the right side

17. 1002

use map location should show in 1 row. the search module should show beneth, in another row (to prevent the ugly look that we have now)

18. 1003

in add images page, the steps are not ok

19. 1004

in add video page, once the video is added, the pages is wider than it should be and a scrollbar apears and olso the Next step button is moved outside of the screen

Petrache Nicolae
May 17, 2014, 12:35 PM
see previous bugs

20. 1005

since you forced the advertise block down on our throats :mad: can you at least fix it so that is shows complete and not cut off like in image? we would apreciate it.

21. a fast fix please for

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post

when i click on the link i get 404 error message? Attachment 963

Hello

I brought this to their attention by ticket 1 month ago. No answer. And sometimes i get visitor sending email complaining about it. They get confused

22. 1006

the back to previous level of categores is still not fixed.

access http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/clothing-and-shoes/children-s-clothes/ and you see in left block "Clothing and Shoes". click on that and you will land to it's parent "Clothing and Shoes" http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/clothing-and-shoes/ but beyond that you can't go back, to the root of categories wich incorporates "Clothing and Shoes" , meaning "Listings" http://general.demoflynax.com/listings.html

23. 1007

Upgrade to featured shows wrong in left column. should show in right, like in the pc

24. 1008

in my listings page, the icons are placed wrong. leave the dropdown in one line and move all the icons in a second line, beneth.

Petrache Nicolae
May 20, 2014, 03:58 PM
John, i see that you released a new revision (1.4) so i checked some of the bugs and sean that they are still present.

Can you please reply for each bug report to know what is fixed and what is not? I would apreciate your efort.

Petrache Nicolae
May 21, 2014, 06:41 AM
this is a brand new bug, introduced by the latest 1.4 revision :mad:

i create a listing and now, the multifields fileds shows just fine. than, i go and check the listing and now, from the listing fields i can see just the second level from multifields + posting date of the listing. beyond that, all the fields are gone.... This is so nice.

Cammie Bradford
May 21, 2014, 08:53 PM
I also have found three "bugs"?! If i choose "grid view" for listing box, the thumbnails of the ads at frontend disappears. Checked with all responsive templates. Everwhere the same. Anyone else have got found this "bug"? Second one, i don`t know if it is a responsive template bug, but street view doesn`t work in ad view. Nothing appears. Also i have seen, that my zipcodes in ad view have got a comma...all look like 8,000 instead of 8000. I have downloaded the templates today, so i think it will be latest 1.4 revision too.

Petrache Nicolae
May 21, 2014, 08:59 PM
I also have found three "bugs"?! If i choose "grid view" for listing box, the thumbnails of the ads at frontend disappears. Checked with all responsive templates. Everwhere the same. Anyone else have got found this "bug"? Second one, i don`t know if it is a responsive template bug, but street view doesn`t work in ad view. Nothing appears. Also i have seen, that my zipcodes in ad view have got a comma...all look like 8,000 instead of 8000. I have downloaded the templates today, so i think it will be latest 1.4 revision too.

hello Cammie. Can you post a image of the issue and can you tell us if this happensin the demo? i tried now the http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/home-and-garden/ and all looks fine when changing grid/list views.

Cammie Bradford
May 21, 2014, 09:21 PM
hi, thanks for your reply. it happens, if i create a new listbox and place it at the "home" site. if i than change this listbox in admin backend to gridview, all thumbnails of this listbox appears for a second and than disappears... but if i choose the normal view (list view), everything is fine.

Petrache Nicolae
May 21, 2014, 09:26 PM
ok. i don't use this feature sa can't confirm it. John will take care of it eventualy. it would help him to make a movie with jing for instance to see it in action.

Petrache Nicolae
May 21, 2014, 09:35 PM
since we are here, i can throw in another bug. i have the featured plan disabled in admin. but, i can create without a problem a featured block and place it on homepage (This should not be allowed to do it since the featured plan is disabled). in adition, since the plan is disabled, the homepage featured listings shows a message like "No ads, click here to add one". So if i click on it and create a listing, from that area, i should expect that my ad to show in the block. Same as anyone on this world. But, that will never happen since i can create just regular ads. In other words we have a nice loop wich is confusing to users and all of this becouse the script doesn't know to hide the relevant fields/blocks when we disable a feature. So, maybe flynax team will add it for the next revision of script (remains to be sean, since i mentioned previous about the 3 types of location blocks when creating a listing and the end result is not much improved so far).

Ionut Barabasa
May 22, 2014, 09:35 AM
I noticed when share a listing link on Gplus or facebook the images never appear. Looks like some sort of problem with the image container. These social sites can never display the image of the shared links

Petrache Nicolae
May 22, 2014, 08:13 PM
Flynax team did a needed step in the proper direction by hiding the step of Plans when we create a listing, if we have only one plan. But, why this was not finished in all directions? I creaded a listing wich expired. Email arrived and all fine. If i click to see the listing i get the message that the listing is inactive/expired, wich is ok, but, below i have the link to renew the listing wich leads me to Select a plan....The same thing happens if i click from my user account-my listing on the renew listing. I land again to the Select the plan. This is wrong, becouse i have just 1 plan. The moment i click on any of those, the listing should be renewed automatic, without the Select a plan showing.

From my point of view, in My listings, we should not even see the Renew button untill the listing enters the 5 days of warning that the listing will expire.

Petrache Nicolae
May 31, 2014, 05:08 PM
another bug. if i set up the title to be composed of 150 characters for instance, i can see just a part of the whole title in list mode
(just the first row), but i can see it complete in grid mode + listing details. so, please fix the list view mode to show it complete as it should. thanks

Petrache Nicolae
May 31, 2014, 06:44 PM
here is another bug wich is from the main script i think

http://general.demoflynax.com/admin/index.php?controller=search_forms&action=build&form=listings_quick

you see in that a specific order of the fields

now, look at http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/search-results.html

you will see a totaly different structure.

in adition, you can activate block "Refine search" in any page, including homepage and unless you show it in Listings, you will see

1012 wich is confusing. Took me a while to understand why that happened in my website. Since we are at 4.3, i would expect to have such functionality bugs resolved till now...

Petrache Nicolae
May 31, 2014, 06:53 PM
since we are at main script bugs, here is another

http://general.demoflynax.com/australia/listings/advanced-search.html

click on categories and you will see a mambo jambo of categories.

i think that we all agree that we should see the categories exatcly in the order in wich they show in home page or any left block or dropdown, with a different background for 1-st level or some distance to show that x,y,z links represents subcategories of A main category (like books)
can be done with different collor or

Books
- Accessories
- Audiobooks
- Children’s Books

Electronics
- Car Electronics
- Cell Phones

- represents a blank space becouse the forum can't save it properly

Marian Secrieru
June 11, 2014, 08:20 AM
It will be nice to use different banners in dependence of resolution of the browser.
If browser had a resolution width x1=<browser resolution<=x2 then to activate box A1
If y1=<browser resolution<=y2 then activate box A2
If we use in long top ad 970x90 or 728x90, from desktops it had a good design. But if load the page from mobile device then width of browser will be 970 or 728 or equal with banner width if it is bigger as mobile device browser's width. With this way we can activate other boxes for tablets or smartphones. If browser's width is smaller as 728 then we could use a banner with 300x250 dimensions or others.

Marian Secrieru
June 11, 2014, 08:32 AM
I have a huge request for developers. On my site some categories doesn't require a price field for ads. Jobs categories, resumes. And price is not required field if user don't want to provide it. And in flatty template if price is not provided then in listings pages in right of the big picture box will be shown title, condition, description, and visitors must scroll in that box to read. This is very ugly. From mobile devices also design is ugly if price is not provided in the ad. Could you correct this please. If price is not provided to use some custom message like - "This ad doesn't had a price" or something like that, what adminitrator want to show.

Petrache Nicolae
June 13, 2014, 10:35 AM

John

Hello John. What's the situation with the bugs reported here? We had no reply regarding them.

John
June 13, 2014, 10:38 AM
Hi there, I will join your discussion next week, please keep posting your feedbacks, thanks!

John

Petrache Nicolae
June 13, 2014, 10:41 AM
Hi there, I will join your discussion next week, please keep posting your feedbacks, thanks!

John

i was hoping that you are near the finish with them, not to start next week. more and more delays....

Petrache Nicolae
June 17, 2014, 10:13 AM

John

Hello John. Have you started the work on the bugs?

Petrache Nicolae
June 21, 2014, 12:57 PM
this is nice. another week lost.

in the meantime, here is another bug

go into user accound and edit any listing. when you are in that page, click on Add a listing from the navbar. you will get a nice error "Your accoutn type does not allows you to add listings"

Petrache Nicolae
June 21, 2014, 01:08 PM
take a look at http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?2049-Field-Groups-map-issue-in-responsive&highlight=responsive

for the 2 bugs i have details, in case anyone else has the issues.

regarding MAP. The map will not show in the small box (even if exists in fact) and will show when you click to expand it - to fix this bug you must remove from admin area-settings-google map the API key. Not logical but works just fine without the API
KEY.

regarding fields. there is actualy some kind of bug becouse the structure i create is not reflected in front, in the same way. this can be observed even in the demo becouse description field is not inside General fields grup and even so it shows in front end in General. Take out yourself some of the fields/blocks or change the order and see what happens. i managed in the end to have a similar layout as in the demo, only after i have taken Description field from inside General block and move it outside. If i play with the fields i have sometimes all the fields in the right side of the image (except address field wich will not show at all) or i will have them like in your demo or in other cases i will have all the fields duplicated - one block in right side and one beneth the tab Listing.

Petrache Nicolae
June 21, 2014, 01:18 PM
another bug from the main script.

i have only one plan. i have created a listing and now i want to change it. one i am in the edit mode i see in the first row Plan - with the name of the plan and a button to change the plan. Becouse i have only one plan, the whole line should be hidden becouse in the end there is no other plan to change to. If you do not want to hide the whole line, than at least hide the link "Change"

Petrache Nicolae
June 21, 2014, 02:46 PM
another bug from main script, confirmed in demo.

go into admin area and in section Pages, activate and show Payment gateways page in user account. Than go in your user account and click on Payment gateways. You will get a blank page with a error code telling you to chose a payment gateway from the list wich as you can see it doesn't exist, even if in fact all is set up ok becouse you can pay for the plans.

Petrache Nicolae
June 22, 2014, 06:05 AM
maybee you will fix as well the bug reported in http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?2021-HTML-emails-not-working-properly&p=9709#post9709

getting more and more dissapointed. delays over delays (i think that the responsive child will be born after the full 9 months) and no reply to bug reports reported in forum by many of us

Khaled Chammout
June 22, 2014, 09:41 AM
Phone Number appear rtl in general flatty rtl.
Phone numbers should always be shown from ltr.

/Khaled

Petrache Nicolae
June 22, 2014, 10:54 AM
Phone Number appear rtl in general flatty rtl.
Phone numbers should always be shown from ltr.

/Khaled

out of curiosity, in arabic language, the text read/write is from right to left? why this is not keept to all the fields/dropdowns? is like part of text is properly and part is reversed, from left to right.

Wei Hong
June 23, 2014, 05:03 PM
I'm also looking for the fix of this break tag countless time. I think this bug should be fixed for all users and take note to be fixed on all upcoming release version. Please keep me up to date regarding this bug fix. I also just submit a ticket and waiting for answer

Petrache Nicolae
July 17, 2014, 06:56 AM
on nokia smartphones (symbian), the templates have several issues. please check them. for instance on nokia 5800, the button from the footer (page up), shows at the top of the page. olso, the currency login menu show in one vertical line, overlaping. there are others so check it as well since this is responsive and should work on any device.

Petrache Nicolae
July 18, 2014, 07:43 AM

John

1 month has passed and no fix for the bugs. is anyone working on them or we are waiting in vain? thanks

Petrache Nicolae
July 28, 2014, 02:51 PM
10 days and no reply...

another bug, from the script. when you create a new listing, you upload images and you set the 3-rd image (for instance ) to be the first image. This 3-rd image will show properly when viewing grid/list as main image but, when you enter the details page, the order is not keept. the 3-rd image will show the 3-rd. Fix this as well please.

John
July 29, 2014, 08:34 AM
Hi there,
Petrache, I remember about all forum threads regarding responsive templates (it's in my TODO).
I am busy now but will review all bug reports and update the template very soon, thanks.

John

Petrache Nicolae
July 29, 2014, 08:41 AM
Hi there,
Petrache, I remember about all forum threads regarding responsive templates (it's in my TODO).
I am busy now but will review all bug reports and update the template very soon, thanks.

John

No ofense John, but i've heard this 1 month + ago. Month after month pass and we still don't have any responsive template at the level of previous templates (regarding bugs). But i assume you take pride in having at least 1 responsive template per each theme even if they are not ok.

John
August 11, 2014, 12:36 PM
1. 989

- please remove the -Select- from the category selection - we should see just the categories (if you remove it, we will lose as well the bug in wich we can click on select and the "Next" button turns green and we can move forward - when in reality we will be pushed back, in a loop)
- in ie8, you have to increase the height of the scroll bar and move it to the right edge, same as in chrome/firefox
We will not remove "- Select -" because these multiple selectors appear as default selectors in mobile and tablet views
and "- Select -" it is native behavior for selectors. Anyway the bug ("Next" button) you mentioned.
Also I checked the selectors in IE8 and they looks the same as in chrome, check screenshot.

2. 990

we have now the proper filters for price (price-ascending + price -descending).
please do the same thing for the Condition, meaning Condition (Used) + Condition (New) so that users whould know what the filter will do

Thanks for the positive feedback, unusual to heard it from you :)
Firstly I want to say that it isn't filter but it's listing sorting. We duplicated price and numeric fields and added ascending/descending option
for them, the same logic isn't useful for text field and that is why we leaved it single.

3. 991
in ie8, the dropdwn bug is still confirmed. you have to press twice to have the dropdown expanded (instead of once as in chrome/firefox)

Fixed

Keep working on it

John

John
August 11, 2014, 12:56 PM

we could have as well words Expand -when menu is collapsed and Collapse - when menu is expanded.
or, we could have + sign
I am aware that you may consider this a personal preference but try to see it from average pc user view

You are partly right, some number of visitors may not consider what does these ... means, but this item has hand cursor which means
that some action presents there and single click will let them know what does it mean.
Anyway you always can change the ... to + sign for your website if you want. Do this:
1. open file: /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl/blocks/categories.tpl
2. find line:

<div class="cat-toggle hide">...</div>
3. change ... to + sign.

Petrache Nicolae
August 11, 2014, 04:34 PM
We will not remove "- Select -" because these multiple selectors appear as default selectors in mobile and tablet views
and "- Select -" it is native behavior for selectors. Anyway the bug ("Next" button) you mentioned.
Also I checked the selectors in IE8 and they looks the same as in chrome, check screenshot.

Thanks for the positive feedback, unusual to heard it from you :)
Firstly I want to say that it isn't filter but it's listing sorting. We duplicated price and numeric fields and added ascending/descending option
for them, the same logic isn't useful for text field and that is why we leaved it single.

Fixed

Keep working on it

John

issues:
A.
1. in ie8, the carousel is not showing - we have a huge gap till categories
2. to me, on 3 different pc's, from 2 different locations (connections), the vertical scroll bar is not ok in ie8 - i've hit countless times ctrl+f5 so not a issue of cache. Olso, there is no zoom to the page in case it crossed your mind
3.regarding select... when you look in pc mode, -Select- is useless becouse anyone knows how to use a menu. Anyway, different opinions, i will remove it myself. But, check how it looks when we are in tablet/phone mode. We see a dropdown bar with -Select- wich is fine, but, why on hell do we have another -Select- comming from categories block? We actualy have 2 -Select-, one on top of the other. Further, first -Select- is not positioned fine in ie8, and the whole block with categories is smaller than it should be (compared to firefox/chrome)

Than the positive feedback should be even nicer since is so rare:wub:

B.
Regarding the Condition (Used) + Condition (New), another difference of opinion but, i will give it one more try.
look at http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/clothing-and-shoes/?sort_by=condition&sort_type=asc
We have in left side the Filters block (i know what they are and to me the sorting is just another filter). There you see New (7) + Used (2). Users can click on any and get the proper result. Now, on top of listings we have The sortings, and there we have Date wich is gone after the first selection, Price with 2 variants (+ or -) and Condition.
Date should be Date: newer + Date: older and Condition should be Condition: used + Condition: new, like we see in the filters block. So, Data is gone when you use it (bug) and Condition doesn't sort anything - try it (another bug)

You may consider this (Date: newer + Date: older and Condition: used + Condition: new) as a bug/incomplete feature or not, but take a look how it is on ebay for instance http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2051541.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xma cbook+air&_nkw=macbook+air&_sacat=0&_from=R40
or on opencart http://demo.opencart.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=18
I can provide countless examples that proves my point beside those 2. So, please do something to make it like any major script has it or remove this incomplete and buggy features. Thanks

C.

This is not fixed. In ie8, smaller window size, like on tablet, you still have to click twice to actualy expand the dropdown menu.

Petrache Nicolae
August 11, 2014, 04:39 PM
You are partly right, some number of visitors may not consider what does these ... means, but this item has hand cursor which means
that some action presents there and single click will let them know what does it mean.
Anyway you always can change the ... to + sign for your website if you want. Do this:
1. open file: /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl/blocks/categories.tpl
2. find line:

<div class="cat-toggle hide">...</div>
3. change ... to + sign.

I've done that already (thanks anyway for the instructions - usefull if others will need them).
My point regarding that issue is that nobody doesn't hover all over the page to see where a actual menu/expander/function exists. The message should be clear so that any new user on the site recognise the function.

John
August 12, 2014, 04:25 AM
6. 994
when on 0, the price must look the same as it does when it has 1-100 for instance, so it must be expanded

It will be fixed in Category Filter plugin.

6. 994
this time i did not installed plugin Location on map so instead, i used just the multifields from wich i have added Country/State/ City. When the listing is finished, i have the same blank box for location, but, if i click on the box, the map expands to full page and shows the proper location, as stipulated in the submit listing. John, you said that my Google Map api code was wrong, so i change it and i have the same issue. So this was not the issue, thing confirmed when i change the template to general green, where it works just fine.

How can we have the old map from general green wich doesn't expand on full screen in new page and wich allows zoom from the box itself?

I can't find exact problem by your explanation, probably there are some javascript errors on the page and in this case
I have to see these errors or your google map API Key doesn't include "Static Map Service" and in this case you should do the following:
1. Go to google console: https://code.google.com/apis/console/
2. Create new project or open existing one
3. Open project services tab and enable "Static Maps API" service.
4. In "API Access" tab regenerate the API key for your domain.
5. Update Google API key in your Flynax Admin Panel settings.

BTW you may just remove Google API Key from Flynax settings for test, it should works as well in this case.

Petrache Nicolae
August 12, 2014, 04:39 AM
It will be fixed in Category Filter plugin.

I can't find exact problem by your explanation, probably there are some javascript errors on the page and in this case
I have to see these errors or your google map API Key doesn't include "Static Map Service" and in this case you should do the following:
1. Go to google console: https://code.google.com/apis/console/
2. Create new project or open existing one
3. Open project services tab and enable "Static Maps API" service.
4. In "API Access" tab regenerate the API key for your domain.
5. Update Google API key in your Flynax Admin Panel settings.

BTW you may just remove Google API Key from Flynax settings for test, it should works as well in this case.

As reported back a little further (not my fault that the list of issues is huge), i have found this

regarding MAP. The map will not show in the small box (even if exists in fact) and will show when you click to expand it - to fix this bug you must remove from admin area-settings-google map the API key. Not logical but works just fine without the API
KEY.
So the issue is "fixed"

John
August 12, 2014, 06:17 AM
Hi everybody,
We are working on 4.4 update now and all fixes from this thread will be added there.
If you need some fixes immediately please let me know.

8. 995

i have clicked on Print page and i see some issues:
- the image from print page is not the first image from the listing (it is the second one)
- not all the fields show - i have description field (Descriere), and that is not showing at all in print page.

Both problems fixed.

9. 996

again, the image sizes. in any responsive design, all developers do not increase the size of original image becouse it will look pixelated/blured. so why did you use this bad aproach?
as you can see in image, the 240px width has a bigger image than as in +720px. things get's even worse on 320 or 480px where the image is increased by 30-40%. This is so wrong and should not work like this.
The 240px should show a slightly smaller image to fit in.
The 320px should show the same image size as in 720px (default) and in case of 480px, we should have a slightly smaller image than in the case of 720px + have 2 columns instead of 1 as it is now.

in adition, the 240px size should show a slightly smaller image to fit in and we should see the stars + favorites/compare +date, one under the other, not all in 1 line becouse the date can't be sean. This is responsive mode in the end.

As far as I remember I already explained the pictures quality issue, ok one more time:
You will not see the good quality pictures in emulator of your browser, check screenshot from my iPhone.
As you can see the pictures have good quality because we use HiSRC jQuery library (https://github.com/teleject/hisrc).
Also you always may increase resolution of the thumbnails to make them better quality.

About Date issue, you may hide for super small screens or move it to next line, here the code:\
1. open style.css file
2.find code:

@media screen and (max-width: 281px) {

3. append this style to the end of the section:

section#listings > article ul.info > li.middle span.date {
display: none;/* or display block */
}

Petrache Nicolae
August 12, 2014, 07:05 AM
Hi everybody,
We are working on 4.4 update now and all fixes from this thread will be added there.
If you need some fixes immediately please let me know.

Both problems fixed.

As far as I remember I already explained the pictures quality issue, ok one more time:
You will not see the good quality pictures in emulator of your browser, check screenshot from my iPhone.
As you can see the pictures have good quality because we use HiSRC jQuery library (https://github.com/teleject/hisrc).
Also you always may increase resolution of the thumbnails to make them better quality.

About Date issue, you may hide for super small screens or move it to next line, here the code:\
1. open style.css file
2.find code:

@media screen and (max-width: 281px) {

3. append this style to the end of the section:

section#listings > article ul.info > li.middle span.date {
display: none;/* or display block */
}

Regarding the image. The examples that you have seen in Attachment 996 are not obtained from emulators. I just resized the browser window and observed the behavior. Tomorow i will check on a tablet (since i do not use one) and on mobile phones and get back regarding this.

John
August 12, 2014, 09:34 AM
10. 997
please remove the display of categories in 2 columns for mobile devices when resolution is lower than 768px. it is wrong to show partial names of categories. users can't guess what each partial title mean becouse nobody has categories titles composed of 3-5 characters. see how it looks even with your demo.
Set single column for min width = 380PX which looks good.

11. 998
the same ideea as in 10. applies for footer links. we must not have any cut off links

Set single column for min width = 280PX (super small screen), looks good!

12. 999
unless i miss something, in mobile device, the compare is not working. i add items to compare and then? i can't find any button/flyout for the actual compare like on desktop

The icon removed for mobile view because such small screen size doesn't allow use to compare listings.
Plugin updated.

Petrache Nicolae
August 19, 2014, 04:57 PM
what happened? we started dealing with this and now we lost another week:(

Petrache Nicolae
August 22, 2014, 07:01 PM
Can anyone tell us what happened here? Has John gone on vacation or is he sick? Another 10 days lost with these bugs...

Petrache Nicolae
August 22, 2014, 07:29 PM
i have just tested my website and flynax general demo with a phone (Android Jelly Bean) by creating a listing a to my surprise, the map is useless becouse there is no pointer atached to it to move to exact location and even worse, you add images from phone, you have no upload bar to show progress and after the upload is done, you see for less than 1 sec the image you uploaded than it goes away and in the end the listing shows without image... so this is quite nice

Petrache Nicolae
August 22, 2014, 07:32 PM
I would like to make a request to all the active users on the forum. MAKE A EFFORT AND TEST THE MOBILE VERSION because we have lots and lots of bugs and without us reporting them we will never have a working template. Test it especialy with mobile phones and tablets if you can...The more devices we use, the better it will be for all of us in the end.

John
August 23, 2014, 09:28 AM
Hello Petrache,
I had not vacations in this year yet and I am not sick, just was very busy with other development.
Today have some time to work with the template.

13. Please add grid/list view modes as well for Recently added page

We removed the grid view switcher from the "recently added" page because there isn't sorting on this
page and grid mode switcher looks alone. Also it looks not good when you have not enough listing per day
to fill whole line and it looks like this:1075
But if you really want to have that switcher on the "Recently Added" page do the following:
1. style.css line ~3822
find the code:

div.fieldset.divider {
margin: 0 0 10px 0;
}

replace with:

div.fieldset.divider {
clear: both;
}

2. /blocks/grid.tpl
find code:

{if $periods}
{assign var='cur_date' value=false}
{assign var='replace_patter' value=`$smarty.ldelim`day`$smarty.rdelim`}
{/if}

replace with:

{if $periods}
{*assign var='grid_mode' value='list'*}
{/if}

3. /controllers/recently.tpl
Find the code:

{include file='blocks'|cat:$smarty.const.RL_DS|cat:'grid.tp l' periods=true}

replace with:

{include file='blocks'|cat:$smarty.const.RL_DS|cat:'grid_na vbar.tpl'}

That is all.

Petrache Nicolae
August 23, 2014, 10:51 AM
Hello Petrache,
I had not vacations in this year yet and I am not sick, just was very busy with other development.
Today have some time to work with the template.

We removed the grid view switcher from the "recently added" page because there isn't sorting on this
page and grid mode switcher looks alone. Also it looks not good when you have not enough listing per day
to fill whole line and it looks like this:1075
But if you really want to have that switcher on the "Recently Added" page do the following:
1. style.css line ~3822
find the code:

div.fieldset.divider {
}

replace with:

div.fieldset.divider {
clear: both;
}

2. /blocks/grid.tpl
find code:

{if $periods}
{/if}

replace with:

{if $periods}
{*assign var='grid_mode' value='list'*}
{/if}

3. /controllers/recently.tpl
Find the code:

replace with:

{include file='blocks'|cat:$smarty.const.RL_DS|cat:'grid_na vbar.tpl'}

That is all.

Thanks for the instructions. I am sure others will appreciate it as well.
I am glad that you are not sick (sorry that you didn't get on vacation yet) but i am worried that week after week pass and responsive is still not ok. Reports of bugs from other users are almost non-existent (unfortunaly) and flynax doesn't have a dedicated developer to work just on this. As it is now, we have a little work here, a little work there and in the end the progress is very slow. To me is quite frustrating because i push hard to have this fixed fast, half of year has passed and we are not done and i can start to work on my website only after you finish. Yestarday i have just found 2 new issues on adroid and that is after 3 min of testing the functionality of the script.

John
August 23, 2014, 11:17 AM
if the fields group are not used, than the Listing tab should not exist, becouse there is nothing beneth.

Fixed

15. 1000
in mobile, when creating a new listing we have an horizontal overflow (scroll) that should not exist. please remove it

Fixed

16. 1001
the plan page is not ok in mobile. we should see the block and beneth Standard listing +/- Featured listing and after all we should see the second type of plan.
as it is now, we see 2 columns, the first 1 is fixed with wasted space in sides and between rows and the second column with Standard/Featured is Crushed in the right side

Fixed, now it looks like this: 1076

John

Wei Hong
August 23, 2014, 05:12 PM
I really appreciate it in case you wanna know. Been keeping track of the bug.

Petrache Nicolae
August 24, 2014, 08:03 AM
Hello John. This issue is coming from plugin Multi-field/Geo filtering. It's about resetting the location preference.

go to http://general.demoflynax.com/ and in home page you have the block "Your Location". Go to admin area http://general.demoflynax.com/admin/index.php?controller=blocks&action=edit&block=geo_filter_block and activate the block in all categories (Show in categories)

now, go to http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/home-and-garden/ and in left side the block is showing. Chose Brazil and the links is now http://general.demoflynax.com/brazil/listings/electronics/ (filter is active and shows 0 listings -ok).

The problem is that the filter should reset the moment you leave the page by click on any link like logo/navbar/footer/menu etc...
This doesn't happens and it is creating issues.
if you click to create a new listing, the link is now http://general.demoflynax.com/brazil/add-listing/electronics/select-a-plan.html wich is wrong
if you click on search, the link is http://general.demoflynax.com/brazil/search.html
for dealers page we see http://general.demoflynax.com/brazil/dealer-accounts.html
for recently added we see http://general.demoflynax.com/brazil/recently-added.html and so on (in all of them we should not see brazil or brazil/city/ if we selected city as well)

This behaves even worse if you use it together with field bound box - you know the issues since you deal with them on my website last year when you added the reset X in the block. I looked for a flynax demo wich has multifieds+field bound boxes to demonstrate all the issues but you do not have one.

Please update the plugin by implementing the reset the moment you move away from the page (like it is in any script) and all the issues will be gone

In case you wonder why i requested this. The reason is quite simple. I prefer to have the bug fixed in the actual plugins instead of my files patched. I compared for instance your fixed file rlMultiField.class.php to the one from the latest version of the plugin from download and they look tottaly different - see image with differences from codecompare

Is one thing to update a file with 2-5 lines of code and a totaly different thing when you have a new redesign of the file - as you can see by the number of differences shown

Petrache Nicolae
August 24, 2014, 09:32 AM

as you can see, in compare we see cut off button and olso, Title for 2 times?

Petrache Nicolae
August 24, 2014, 09:41 AM

As you can see, when we have shorter name, the layout is broken.
Name shuld show in first line, location in second. If location is longer than the with of the box, it should show in 2 lines, if not, show in 1.

Olso, on longer names, they must not get over or under the message icon

Petrache Nicolae
August 25, 2014, 05:33 AM
John, please provide a solution to the bug from http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1847-expired-featured&highlight=renew+listing+email
It has passed 7 months and no solution was provided by flynax.

The best solution would be as Morgan said as well to send the cookie with the link so that the users are logged in directly by click on the link, same way as it happens on olx which is used by millions of users in whole world without being seen as "a security threat".
Thanks

Pete Young
August 25, 2014, 02:06 PM
John, please provide a solution to the bug from http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1847-expired-featured&highlight=renew+listing+email
It has passed 7 months and no solution was provided by flynax.

The best solution would be as Morgan said as well to send the cookie with the link so that the users are logged in directly by click on the link, same way as it happens on olx which is used by millions of users in whole world without being seen as "a security threat".
Thanks

what about if you go to languages and edit the text from "ERROR 404: Requested page not found" to something like "Please log in to continue" ?

Petrache Nicolae
August 25, 2014, 02:14 PM
what about if you go to languages and edit the text from "ERROR 404: Requested page not found" to something like "Please log in to continue" ?

Yes, we can do that but that is a general message which appears in other cases as well and we don't want that.

In addition, this can be pushed even further.
Let's say that i am a user which has 100 ads. some of them expired today. So i went to my account and renew them all. After 1 hour i check my email and i see the emails sent by the script in which i am told that the listings will expire and we have the renew link (which leads to error 404 because flynax team didn't implement a cookie so that users are logged in automatic on link click). So, i click on that, and after the classic 404 error, i login and once i login what i have? Another 404 error and a blank page with the word Renew. The obvious question is why on hell do we not see the listing which is already renewed or have anything - a text a link to the proper listing or something?
We (and flynax as well ) will look as professionals or like amateurs with such functionality bugs?

Things like one page register or one page submit listing or proper renew or automatic login or action (renew/delete/deactivate etc) directly from email by click (via cookie) makes the script up to the level of existing competition (check olx.ro or tocmai.ro and i bet each country has similar scripts) and most important friendly and easy to use by a young or a older person which will do magic for us and for flynax in the end. The soon the will realise and move forward with this, the better it will be for all of us.

Petrache Nicolae
August 25, 2014, 03:51 PM

If we have just 1 type of account, the drop-down is gone and the name of the account is not properly aligned.
In the end, if only one type of account exists, the field Account type should be hidden like it happens in any script (there is no selection to be done). A fix please

Petrache Nicolae
August 25, 2014, 04:07 PM

When you have just 2-4 links in footer, the links are cut-off because each column is shrink. A fix please

in addition, in firefox, whe i have active just 1 row of links in footer, the footer it looks wrong - layout changes

Petrache Nicolae
August 28, 2014, 10:07 AM
here is another one, comming this time from the new plugin Recently viewed

because the Recently viewed box is longer than the rest of the boxes on the page, when the width of device is small, a horizontal scroll bar appears at the bottom of page. please fix the plugin so that it doesn't create issues.

Another issue that i have regarding this plugin is this. In the thin box i have 1 listing (as viewed), but, when i enter the page with the listings viewed (from the link in right side of box), i have in the page 5 listings. So why the difference? Sometimes it shows ok in both areas, sometimes i have differences.

Petrache Nicolae
August 28, 2014, 10:39 AM
We were told that if we want to change grid from 3 columns to 4, that would be easy to be done via css file, by changing 3n+1 into 4n+1. All seems fine except the fact that each listing box does not float left independent, like it happens for homepage categories, being truly responsive and change from 4 to 3 to 2 to 1 listing per row as we resize the window. So, when i look at 920x1280px simulator, i see 3 listings in 1-st row (first 3 listings), than just 1 (the 4-rth listing) and so on.

So, how can we properly change from 3 to 4 or 5 columns if we wish to do so? Thanks

Curtis
August 28, 2014, 11:05 AM
here is another one, comming this time from the new plugin Recently viewed

because the Recently viewed box is longer than the rest of the boxes on the page, when the width of device is small, a horizontal scroll bar appears at the bottom of page. please fix the plugin so that it doesn't create issues.

We've fixed this issue already. It will be available in a next version of plugin.

Another issue that i have regarding this plugin is this. In the thin box i have 1 listing (as viewed), but, when i enter the page with the listings viewed (from the link in right side of box), i have in the page 5 listings. So why the difference? Sometimes it shows ok in both areas, sometimes i have differences.
It's very strange. May be your browser have old information of other listings.
Try remove all viewed listings via "View your browsing history" page and after view it again.
It will be good if you can explain step by step how we can reproduce this problem.

Petrache Nicolae
August 28, 2014, 01:08 PM
It's very strange. May be your browser have old information of other listings.
Try remove all viewed listings via "View your browsing history" page and after view it again.
It will be good if you can explain step by step how we can reproduce this problem.

Yes, it is strange. I have entered from another PC so no Recently viewed box. I opened 4 ads one after the other than i went to home page and checked and from 4, i see small just the 3-rd and if i click to see all the ads, in the new page i see just the 3-rd add as well. What happened with ads 1,2 and 4?
I checked the ads as visitor so not logged in (in case you wonder).

So i refreshed browser several times (ctrl+f5) than deleted all the viewed ads and tried again.
I opened the page with all the ads and from the list i went to bottom and chose 1,2,4,5,6 (by opening them in separate tabs - in chrome). Than i check Recently viewed box and from them i have in this order 6,5,4. So 1 and 2 are lost (not showing). Again this time the number is the same in both areas (box and page)

Curtis
August 29, 2014, 03:35 AM
Yes, it is strange. I have entered from another PC so no Recently viewed box. I opened 4 ads one after the other than i went to home page and checked and from 4, i see small just the 3-rd and if i click to see all the ads, in the new page i see just the 3-rd add as well. What happened with ads 1,2 and 4?
I checked the ads as visitor so not logged in (in case you wonder).

So i refreshed browser several times (ctrl+f5) than deleted all the viewed ads and tried again.
I opened the page with all the ads and from the list i went to bottom and chose 1,2,4,5,6 (by opening them in separate tabs - in chrome). Than i check Recently viewed box and from them i have in this order 6,5,4. So 1 and 2 are lost (not showing). Again this time the number is the same in both areas (box and page)

Can you send me your cPanel/FTP login details and domain name to PM?
And i'll try check it.

Petrache Nicolae
August 29, 2014, 04:53 AM
Can you send me your cPanel/FTP login details and domain name to PM?
And i'll try check it.

Hello Curtis. I've sent the data.

Petrache Nicolae
August 30, 2014, 11:53 AM
Another bug

section#listings.grid ul.info > li.title {
overflow: hidden;
text-overflow: ellipsis;
}

does not work. We should have the text truncated in grid/list mode like xxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxx... but we don't have it

Petrache Nicolae
August 31, 2014, 12:53 PM
another issue in mobile mode

please remove the list button because that is not working.

Actualy, there is something wrong here because we have <section id="listings" class="list clearfix" style="display: block;"> but we see the listings as grid mode.
From where we can change <section id="listings" class="list clearfix" style="display: block;"> into <section id="listings" class="grid clearfix" style="display: block;"> so we can apply proper style?

Petrache Nicolae
September 1, 2014, 08:02 AM

see marked area

Wei Hong
September 8, 2014, 11:38 AM
Fixed

Fixed

John

Hi John,

How do I fix the plan page in mobile?

Petrache Nicolae
September 8, 2014, 11:41 AM
Hi John,

How do I fix the plan page in mobile?

Unless John will specify here the fix, you will have to wait till he or Flynax decide to treat this as a priority and have the bugs fixed and release a new revision of the template which will incorporate all the fixes.

Wei Hong
September 8, 2014, 02:20 PM
That is sad. Is the 1.4 has all the bug fixed up to date?

Petrache Nicolae
September 8, 2014, 02:21 PM
That is sad. Is the 1.4 has all the bug fixed up to date?

since the release of 1.4, John has fixed some but a big list is waiting

Wei Hong
September 8, 2014, 02:24 PM
so in sort, the flatty template is still not usable? I've been waiting since released. I might dive in the template for bug fishing now

Petrache Nicolae
September 8, 2014, 02:38 PM
I tend to be a perfectionist so after my standards, no, is not usable. However, most can use it as they think is ok like it is - is confirmed by the number of users that have posted bugs. In general there are css issues and few functionality issues. I am upset because soon it will be 1 year since the first anouncement of responsive template - Flynax doesn't see it as a priority and that is a major issue for me at least since i've wasted 1 year.

Petrache Nicolae
September 8, 2014, 04:48 PM

please remove from Compare plugin

div#compare_listings_area div.item > div.right div.link {
margin-top: -4px;
}

becouse it cuts from the top of the titles.

Petrache Nicolae
September 9, 2014, 09:14 AM

Please adjust Currency converter plugin to follow the rule that is set in admin regarding position of currency symbol. I have it set up to show in right, after the number and the currency converter shows it in left side. Thanks

Petrache Nicolae
September 9, 2014, 04:01 PM
John, please fix the selectors. They must look the same way regardless what browser we use.

this is from your demo

and this is from http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/CustomDropDownListStyling/index5.html for instance - i can provide countless examples but i think this one is relevant

As you can see flynax implementation produces 3 different variants - i bet that in safari and others will look different as well, compared to the example from tympaus.net where they look the same (except ie8 wich doesn't know round corners like you know).

Wei Hong
September 10, 2014, 06:45 PM
The new 1.4 version of flatty template has issue with the newest compare plugin. Basically, you cant click on the "add to comparison table" icon when viewing a specific listing. You can however click on it when seeing a list of listings. I have tested with all flatty realty, auto, general, same problem. When switch back to my modern template, it works fine.

P/S: tested on demo site, works ok. Tested on my fresh installation with 1.4 has that issue.

Pete Young
September 12, 2014, 01:51 AM
I have been watching this thread for ages and wanting to update to these templates as the idea across the platforms is good, but still very reluctant to even try and change as it seems like it has to many errors and is still not working properly ? and to be honest I get confused with the way things are fixed or updated ? in that are all known errors fixed in the script or do people need to wade through this thread to find out what is broken and try and fix it themselves. Maybe best to wait longer until it works properly ?

Wei Hong
September 14, 2014, 12:41 PM
I have no idea why but 1.4 general has more template bug then the one on demo site? Can I have download link for the version in demo site please?

Wei Hong
September 14, 2014, 02:51 PM
Another bug is that if you pick on the 3rd and so on option on quick search box, it will show a blank page. This bug is confirmed on all flatty template including general, and on mobile also. Will paying making the bug fixing faster? If so I'm willing to pay, as I need the template usable soon.
Thanks

Pete Young
September 15, 2014, 01:47 AM
Will paying making the bug fixing faster? If so I'm willing to pay, as I need the template usable soon.

That is a very bad suggestion, In no way should anybody pay to fix script errors, you have already paid for your license and a working script, and you should be and are entitled to that to be working.

Wei Hong
September 15, 2014, 02:26 AM
That is a very bad suggestion, In no way should anybody pay to fix script errors, you have already paid for your license and a working script, and you should be and are entitled to that to be working.

I'm totally agree with you. But with this speed, I'm losing my value opportunity. It's been months since this responsive template's release and yet still many bugs. I just installed it a couple days ago and right after installation, I already saw many glitches and bugs.
I really want a working responsive template thats why i made the proposal. If it went well, i will share it to the rest of you guys here.

Pete Young
September 15, 2014, 03:17 AM
I really want a working responsive template thats why i made the proposal. If it went well, i will share it to the rest of you guys here. Everybody wants it working as it should, and it should be fixed properly ASAP and shared with all as indicated by flynax as a working script or marked as a Beta Template Version on the web site if it is still in testing mode.

Wei Hong
September 15, 2014, 03:39 AM
Everybody wants it working as it should, and it should be fixed properly ASAP and shared with all as indicated by flynax as a working script or marked as a Beta Template Version on the web site if it is still in testing mode.

Yep, couldn't agree more

Petrache Nicolae
September 17, 2014, 06:54 AM

When page loads, the categories are not in the same position as they are after the page loads. This happens because we have <span class="toggle">+</span> which turns into <span class="toggle" style="display: none;"></span>
Please tune up this so that it doesn't happen because it looks very bad on slower connections. This inline style is actually loaded the last on the page, even after the listings with images as far as i can tell. If it would load among first, this issue would not exist.

Petrache Nicolae
September 22, 2014, 12:25 PM
Since the last lot of fixes it has passed another month...This makes me wonder if we will have it finished till new year because it is clear that the responsive templates do not represent a priority for Flyax and because of this, they will push it further away as the priority projects appears (for cash income i assume). As others remarked, because of multiple issues, the responsive templates should be advertised as beta to prevent any confusion. Because exactly this we get as long as Flynax proudly announced the release of responsive templates (to attract new customers i assume).
We, your clients (not your payed employees), made an effort to help you discover and fix issues fast and in the end it looks like we obtained quite the opposite effect.

Petrache Nicolae
October 2, 2014, 02:36 PM

Remove the name of user since we see it in left column or replace it with Seller ads

Wei Hong
October 2, 2014, 03:37 PM
So we can't use compare plugin in mobile flatty?

Wei Hong
October 2, 2014, 03:38 PM
Another bug is that if you pick on the 3rd and so on option on quick search box, it will show a blank page. This bug is confirmed on all flatty template including general, and on mobile also. Will paying making the bug fixing faster? If so I'm willing to pay, as I need the template usable soon.
Thanks

Can any1 help me fix this?

Petrache Nicolae
October 7, 2014, 04:55 AM
In listing details page or user listings page we have the ability to contact the owner via message. One of the fields is Phone. Why phone field is not the same type as Phone field from create account? Right now, we can add as phone 30 characters including letters instead of the proper way which is set up in admin area. Please replace this text type field with the proper working Phone field.

Curtis
October 7, 2014, 06:44 AM
Can any1 help me fix this?

Can you provide me your domain name and template name with this issue?

Petrache Nicolae
October 7, 2014, 10:54 AM
Can anyone from Flynax team tell us what will happen with this thread and responsive template? Flynax team seems to have different priorities than us and in addition we are kept in the dark.
I know that soon they will release a new version of the main script so maybe that is why. Anyway, we should be told that this will be solved after x or y or stop posting issues if this is a problem.
Another thing that i did not see was any interest regarding what features should be incorporated in each feature revision of main script. Who should be more precise in the features that this script should have compared to other scripts? Flynax team or us, the buyers and users of the script?

Chris Brown
October 7, 2014, 04:10 PM
I started this ages ago for flynax 5/any new version

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1643-Version-5-feature-requests

Petrache Nicolae
October 7, 2014, 06:29 PM
I started this ages ago for flynax 5/any new version

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1643-Version-5-feature-requests

Hello Chris. What i wrote stands up. I made a list with things that are important to me and posted a while back in that thread so i am aware of the thread.

What i meant regarding features is a system in which users propose features (like we did), flynax consider each one after which they should specify x, y features will be implemented in the next upgrade. This way, we all know exactly what will be delivered and not standing like childrens under the christmas tree waiting for Santa (flynax) to deliver their wishes (or not). Not a single developer from flynax made any comment regarding what we all put in that thread, so may i ask what is the point? We can wish the stars and the moon but that will not mean that we will get them. Bottom line, i personaly like to know where we stand and what we will get.

If flynax has a diferent opinion regarding this they should make it known so we can specify new features or stop wasting our time because they have different plans or abilities to incorporate new features into this script.

Chris Brown
October 7, 2014, 06:51 PM
Yeah i get what you mean now.

Could just add a new forum section for next flynax update etc where users can start individual threads for each request then each request can then be discussed by everyone in that thread. Put our points of view accross to prove that its a worthy feature to be added. Then accepted or declined by flynax. Would keep it neater and easy to find.

then maybe have a pinned thread at the top of that forum section stating whats been accepted/declined.

I am sure we could improve over the one thread we have now for it. LOL :D

Petrache Nicolae
October 8, 2014, 04:24 PM
another issue

Valerie
October 9, 2014, 08:54 AM
Hello Chris,

Could just add a new forum section for next flynax update etc where users can start individual threads for each request then each request can then be discussed by everyone in that thread. Put our points of view accross to prove that its a worthy feature to be added. Then accepted or declined by flynax. Would keep it neater and easy to find.

We check the Features Requests section so we think its not necessary to add more sections. You can add threads there if you'd like to have something to be added in a functionality. http://www.flynax.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-Features-Requests

another issue

The problem will be fully fixed in a new version. If you'd like to fix it asap please add a ticket.

Petrache Nicolae
October 9, 2014, 09:33 AM
The problem will be fully fixed in a new version. If you'd like to fix it asap please add a ticket.

Hello Valerie. There are many issues not just this one. Check the full 20 pages !!!! of this thread regarding issues. May we know exactly when flynax will manage to find some time to fix all the issues? Because responsive template was not released yestarday...

Valerie
October 9, 2014, 09:51 AM
Hello Valerie. There are many issues not just this one. Check the full 20 pages !!!! of this thread regarding issues. May we know exactly when flynax will manage to find some time to fix all the issues? Because responsive template was not released yestarday...
I'll check all the pages personally, then test problems and create a list for developers to fix. It might take some time but should be faster than if developers check this thread themselves.

Petrache Nicolae
October 9, 2014, 10:13 AM
I'll check all the pages personally, then test problems and create a list for developers to fix. It might take some time but should be faster than if developers check this thread themselves.

Ok. I expect a radical shift regarding this. So far John was the only one who made responsive template and deal with bugs and lately he has other projects which left us in the dust for quite some time

Wei Hong
October 9, 2014, 01:17 PM

This is a brilliant idea. Thank you for your best effort to make we feel better. I actually did.

Pete Young
October 10, 2014, 01:24 AM
I am a little confused, a new person comes on and is now looking into fixing up pages and pages of errors that have been here a long time and will check each one, one by one ? What has happened to any responses or work being done before this ? has nobody been fixing things ? Is there a new system in place ?

It can be very puzzling looking in from outside in how this system works, I also read where new versions of this and that are coming out, ? What would be nice is to have a stable base or versions working before new system that also have errors are introduced and a more structured method of reporting and fixing problems with different versions and the fixes on those versions so they are fixed for everyone.

You can spend a long time getting fixes done and then to upgrade it seems your opening up another box of endless trouble and errors ?

What I would like to see over and above any fix or new version is a solid format in how things are fixed, and introduced so that as best for the most part people can be working with base platforms that do not have known faults except for maybe new beta versions being introduced and that if there are problems a structured and efficient process is in play to correct any found issues over and above going back over 20 pages of frustration for many.

Valerie
October 10, 2014, 04:35 AM
I am a little confused, a new person comes on and is now looking into fixing up pages and pages of errors that have been here a long time and will check each one, one by one ?
I'm a new person on forum but I work here for a quite long time and know how the template was created and its system too.

Developers were working with this section themselves but when there are a lot of work they prefer to have everything sorted.

Pete Young
October 10, 2014, 04:44 AM
Sounds Good and look forward to the updates

Valerie
October 10, 2014, 08:25 AM
Hello everyone,

I've read and tested bugs from 20 pages in this thread and found still working bugs which were fully described in a file for developers. Now we will have to wait for fixing, I think it shouldnt take much time.
Thanks everyone, I'll keep you informed in this thread.

Petrache Nicolae
October 10, 2014, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the notification. I hope that they will be fixed fast so we can have a properly responsive template.

Petrache Nicolae
October 17, 2014, 07:28 AM
Hello everyone,

I've read and tested bugs from 20 pages in this thread and found still working bugs which were fully described in a file for developers. Now we will have to wait for fixing, I think it shouldnt take much time.
Thanks everyone, I'll keep you informed in this thread.

Hello Valerie
What is the status on the bugs?

Here is another test of a serious bug

In admin, we do not use fields groups. We place only some fields directly in the order that we want, they will show just fine when we create the listing but when we check the actual listing, we will see just some of the fields that we selected, some that have not been selected do show which is wrong and even worse, field description does not show at all.
I need fast a solution to fix this bug. It not acceptable to have such functionality issues.

I have a observation as well (kept it off for a long time)... Why don't you modify the admin area to show only the functions that are available for a specific template? For instance, i can set up a block in admin area to show in "Left" and in General responsive will show in right side because that template knows only right side. Or the image gallery settings that we have in admin which do not apply in front. There are many things like those. If i will make a clean install of general responsive i want to see and have a fully functionality of the functions available for that template. I do not like to have hundreds of settings and in reality have just some applied for the template that i downloaded and use. I understand that you have to cut costs by having the same script in essence but with a slightly difference as look but, in this case, make it properly. Thanks

Petrache Nicolae
October 17, 2014, 05:09 PM
One week passed and no fixes...

Another issue. Stop opening each search into a new page! In which major website you have sean that a user search for a item and when he clicks on the result is thrown in another page? We should have improvements over competition, not countless issues. Thanks

Valerie
October 27, 2014, 04:57 AM
All the bugs should be fixed and I'm following all the issues but for now John is working on android app and version 4.4 so it takes much time.

For the bug - in the flatty template listing details are in a "common" section by default (though there is no displayed section) so if you're not using field groups all the fields will be shown in one section. When you add any field group, fields in it will be displayed under the 'Listings' tab.

Stop opening each search into a new page!
Isn't it comfortable to see the result in a new tab and then close it to see other results not searching them again?

Petrache Nicolae
October 27, 2014, 06:24 AM
All the bugs should be fixed and I'm following all the issues but for now John is working on android app and version 4.4 so it takes much time.

For the bug - in the flatty template listing details are in a "common" section by default (though there is no displayed section) so if you're not using field groups all the fields will be shown in one section. When you add any field group, fields in it will be displayed under the 'Listings' tab.

Isn't it comfortable to see the result in a new tab and then close it to see other results not searching them again?

Last year flynax proundly anounced several time that a responsive version would be released by the end of the year. So now we are 11 months away from that. I am pretty p.... off becase i've taken from granted that and worked based on that template just to see that i have lost at least 1 year (based on what you say now) because of the professional way flynax deal with this. When you jumped on board this forum and attacked responsive thread, you have said that you will check each bug and assign them to several developers. Now it seems again that only John is "several developers". Encouraging....

For the bug - i have no active fields groups and from all the fields that i have loaded and which show just fine when creating the listing, just second level of multifield shows in listing details page (This happened before i started the work on this page). The rest does not, not even price. I specified this bug months ago in this thread and nothing was done. This happened in a untouched script, just upgraded to 4.3 from 4.2.

Isn't it comfortable to see the result in a new tab You actually reinvent the wheel and not in a good way. All we want is to have the functions and functionality used widely in the whole world. Or should we be the ones to teach the users that flynax way is best for them? Gumtree, olx ebay and pretty much the rest of the world opens the content in the same page. What will happen is that the user will start a new search in the new page that has opened, instead of closing it, because this is how it works in the world and this is how the users learns and expects to work.

Last night i have looked at the alternatives to flynax and i was quite surprised what they offer (since i purchased your script), most of them for free or less than 100$. I have found even with 1 page create listing or account (for which flynax asked 1000$ to make it so 2 scripts value because it is so complex to do it) , proper renew of ad and others. Flynax script looks more professional, with countless options which in the end we do not use or do not work properly - search is the biggest one. To me looks to be a decision soon by going with flynax all the way or start again with a free or less costly script which has the basic functions of a classified script working for real.

Pete Young
October 27, 2014, 10:13 AM
One week passed and no fixes...

Another issue. Stop opening each search into a new page! In which major website you have sean that a user search for a item and when he clicks on the result is thrown in another page? We should have improvements over competition, not countless issues. Thanks

this is an option for other areas of the site so maybe it could be applied to search as well ?

AP > Common > Configurations > Listings > Open listing details in a new tab
The feature allows users to open listing details of a particular listing in a new tab of browser. Your
users might find this feature useful when browsing multiple listings.

Khaled Chammout
December 4, 2014, 05:03 PM
I did read that there will be an update soon. 4.4 or 5.0 that will solve many of the problems mentioned in this thread.
How far have you got with this and when do you think you can release this update.

Sincerely,
Khaled

Valerie
December 15, 2014, 06:21 AM
Hello Khaled Chammout,

The update will be approximately next year, unfortunately we cannot tell the exact date yet. As soon as we'd get the date, we will inform our customers about it

Wei Hong
March 7, 2015, 10:27 AM
How is the bug fixing progress on general flatty? I'm thinking of using it soon. :D

Wei Hong
March 17, 2015, 03:55 AM
Fixed

Fixed

John

I John, I hope you are still doing great and well, I just wanna let you know that Im still interested in this fix of plan page. Also, would it be possible if you released a new general flatty with all the fixes.
I cant keep track with the version anymore because now it doesn't show version: 1.4 or 1.x
Thank you

Pete Young
March 20, 2015, 12:18 AM
Can I ask because I am unclear, does the current flatty template have all of the known bugs and errors fixed in it, or do we need to wade through all of the known errors one by one to fix them ?

If it needs to be updated when will it be done by and when will the latest version of flynax be released ? We keep hearing stories and promises of these things happening and cloudy responses as to when they will happen.

The reason for asking is I want to upgrade but also do not wish to waste my time and or money paying to upgrade then having to pay to further fix things as they should be and then paying again to update to another just released version (People need some clarity of what when and where here), google now lists sites as mobile friendly or not, I am now told that the standard templates now show as not mobile friendly making them outdated at best, even though they have a mobile extension / so as I see it and I may be wrong we all need to upgrade or suffer the longer it goes with traffic falling away as giggle tells them not to worry about coming over.

I am also a little unsure as to why these templates are classified as premium where in most every other case / web site theme including other classifieds have flatty themes and are now common and the main template for most people moving forward. Time we kept up with the pace here as well please guys. Please update us.

Thanks
Pete

Edit > I do now have some mobiles showing the site as mobile freindly / so trying to work out what causes some to show OK and other not so.

Wei Hong
March 21, 2015, 05:38 AM
I started to use flatty 1 weeks ago and I can say that only bugs up to page 6 on this thread are taken care of. Still alot of bugs, as a result I have to rebuy support package.

Pete Young
March 21, 2015, 09:55 AM
I started to use flatty 1 weeks ago and I can say that only bugs up to page 6 on this thread are taken care of. Still alot of bugs, as a result I have to rebuy support package.

Why do you need to pay for a support package, the system is supposed to work and there should be no fee to fix what is sold as a working template especialy to fix bugs, please tell me this is a joke ? flynax sell this as working platform yes ? they have that you can purchase and pay full price for the flatty package, it is not listed as a beta or draft version is it.

Is there anyone at flynax that can place some clarity on this template and what the real story with it is please.

Wei Hong
March 21, 2015, 01:34 PM
Why do you need to pay for a support package, the system is supposed to work and there should be no fee to fix what is sold as a working template especialy to fix bugs, please tell me this is a joke ? flynax sell this as working platform yes ? they have that you can purchase and pay full price for the flatty package, it is not listed as a beta or draft version is it.

Is there anyone at flynax that can place some clarity on this template and what the real story with it is please.

I said the same thing but was told that my site has been modified alot and who know what happened inside, I said i didn't modify anything beside template outline and color, it were bug fixing and done by flynax team but then they say we never know. Up to a point I can't say anything.

Pete Young
March 21, 2015, 02:07 PM
ok revert back to an origanal version of flatty, then have it fixed before editing your colour and outline, pretty simple if thats all it is and the hold up. / with the colour change that was a feature of the flatty so thats a non supportive aguement. / change it to any colour by editing a hex code ? or something like that.

I can see a point if you / somebody had a heavily modified site / sort of ?

Wei Hong
March 21, 2015, 05:12 PM
Some of the bugs come from the script itself and not compatible with the flatty if you read through this threads. The claim was pointed to the script modifications, not the template. Thats what i meant

Pete Young
March 21, 2015, 10:29 PM
o ok, well that needs to be sorted as well. lets hope this is done / waiting for an official response to my question on when these will happen