PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Shopping Cart & Bidding Plugin

John
March 28, 2014, 05:00 AM
Hi there,
Today we are releasing a Shopping Cart & Bidding Plugin and waiting for your feedback in this thread!

John

Petrache Nicolae
March 28, 2014, 08:42 AM
where we can see the demo for it? in responsive template would be ideal.

John
March 28, 2014, 08:56 AM
We are working on demo now, I hope it will be available during a few hours.
Also new responsive general template will be adapted for this new plugin, this template will be ready
in a week.

Chris Brown
March 28, 2014, 02:27 PM
Hi guys

I am not really interested in the auction/cart plugin (well not at the moment) I have tested other auction scripts in the past.

But i couldnt help but give this a test. I have installed with fresh 4.3 script version.

Couple of things i would like to mention

1. In configuration guide it says "To configure the plugin go to:Admin Panel > General Configurations > Shopping Cart & Bidding >Settings and fill in the following fields:"
**its not there its in the plugin section.

2. With an auction listing, i made a bid with a seperate account. I then made a second bid with the same account and it outbid myself. Surley that should only happen with only another user bidding.

eg Auction start 1000
I bid 1050
I made 2nd bid 1200

The listing now shows current bid at 1200 but really it should still show 1050 until another user makes a higher bid and my 1200 bid should be my top bid until someone beats it.

3.When i clicked buy now it redirects to blank page. And also the "my shopping cart" in account menu goes to blank page. Also the checkout button in top menu goes to blank page (i see they are all the same page)

4. In user account panel/ bids and offers it shows list of bids and offers. The listing in qusetion has 2 bids on it but here it says 4. (i set increments at 50, so in theory it has gone up 4 increments)

5. The currency i selected eg

Chris Brown
March 28, 2014, 02:33 PM
A few improvements.

*Also some form of seller/buyer feedback would be good like ebay has.

**In the search results lists it doesnt state if its an auction and it shows just the buy it now price.
Would be better if the current bid and buy it now were shown and also time remaining till auction end with maybe something that states its an auction.

Petrache Nicolae
March 28, 2014, 08:23 PM
The whole auction thing is complex. starting with the actual process of bidding, outbidding, types of auctions and ending with the feedback system that shoulded be included, like i've said on facebook and Chris reported as well. AUCTIONS WITHOUT FEEDBACK IS 0! The same applies without IP record for all users. How should we take any punishing meansures for users who don't play nice in auctions?
i see that again, the general template has another delay wich piles up to the months we've been on hold. funny considering that you've said that the general has this included by default (now, the addon is released prior of template so?). bottom line, i woulded prefer a push up to solve all the issues reported for responsive - i have posted a batch from boats recently (with no replies) and olso a push up to release the responsive for each template + all the addons fixed before releasing new addons. my opinion.

anyway, in the blog you have this article with a link to the general template so we can try it. i see the cart and that is all. i have tried to change a listing to see if there are new fileds becouse i do not see a Buy now, Add to cart or anything beside the cart from header.

Wei Hong
March 28, 2014, 09:28 PM
Excellent. I have requested this plugin long ago and finally see some progress. I will test it out when I have time today
Good jobs Flynax

John
March 31, 2014, 06:24 AM
Hi there!
Petrache, we will think about feedback on seller and IP black list in the next plugin update.
BTW you may describe your vision of these features above if you have time.

About the demo, we had some problems with the general demo and it's finally available now.
Keep tracking this thread for your feedbacks.

John

Wei Hong
March 31, 2014, 07:25 AM
When is the responsive template available for general flynax? I only see boat and car. Also, I couldnt pinch to zoom on my ipad iphone screen with responsive template. Can we fix it?

Moosa Al shidhani
March 31, 2014, 12:20 PM
Thanks Flynax for this plugin,

I have one comment on this plugin

when the website is meant to be E-Shopping website as well as classified at the same time, how can it be.

I think it will be better if administrator can allow (enable) this plugin for certain listing types and disable it for other listing types (for classifieds purpose)

if such option is available it will be better for dual use of the website especially for those who are already running currently a classified website and wanting to introduce the E shopping on ti without loosing the function of the classifications.

Wei Hong
March 31, 2014, 04:52 PM
Thanks Flynax for this plugin,

I have one comment on this plugin

when the website is meant to be E-Shopping website as well as classified at the same time, how can it be.

I think it will be better if administrator can allow (enable) this plugin for certain listing types and disable it for other listing types (for classifieds purpose)

if such option is available it will be better for dual use of the website especially for those who are already running currently a classified website and wanting to introduce the E shopping on ti without loosing the function of the classifications.

Im totally agree with this idea. The same goes for comment plugin. For classified purpose, we dont need comment. But for others it will be a handful feature. So we should be able to set if the feature is available for certain user or listing type only

Vladimir
April 1, 2014, 10:52 AM
Hello,

We'll add this option to the next update; thanks for your suggestion!

Jernej Miklosic
April 1, 2014, 09:04 PM
Hello,

We'll add this option to the next update; thanks for your suggestion!

Hello,

Perhaps it would be useful to have the possibility to enable (allow) this plugin depending on account types.

Jernej Miklosic
April 1, 2014, 09:14 PM
I added Shopping cart plugin and the listing field with key shc_mode has no name - it is empty in all languages.
What is this field supposed to be named?

Vladimir
April 2, 2014, 06:02 AM
Perhaps it would be useful to have the possibility to enable (allow) this plugin depending on account types.

Restrictions for the listing types are already in place, but they have to do with the sales. You can limit adding listings based on account types so that only certain account types will be able to sell items on the site.

Vladimir
April 2, 2014, 06:06 AM
I added Shopping cart plugin and the listing field with key shc_mode has no name - it is empty in all languages.
What is this field supposed to be named?

shc_mode - it is system field; unfortunately you can't change it, but you change any phrase in Admin panel -> Languages -> Search

Jernej Miklosic
April 2, 2014, 09:13 AM
Restrictions for the listing types are already in place, but they have to do with the sales. You can limit adding listings based on account types so that only certain account types will be able to sell items on the site.

I overlooked that... thanks.

Kemoid Wilson
April 3, 2014, 10:44 AM
Hello hw is the new general template coming on?

Vladimir
April 4, 2014, 09:23 AM
Hello hw is the new general template coming on?

We are planning to finish the new responsive general template in 7 - 10 days.

Moosa Al shidhani
April 4, 2014, 10:06 AM
John said last Friday, in this form that the responsive temp. for general will be released in a week, that means today.

every body is waiting.

John
April 4, 2014, 10:43 AM
Hi there,
John is working on the new template 24 hours a day and 6 days a week...
Sorry guys but we had no change to complete it today, please give us a few days more.

John

Kemoid Wilson
April 4, 2014, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the update, even though you guys are a little bit behind time its good to know you are working hard on it.

Moosa Al shidhani
April 4, 2014, 11:56 AM
Hi there,
Sorry guys but we had no change to complete it today, please give us a few days more.

John

Thanks John, appreciate your time and effort.

will be waiting.

Wei Hong
April 4, 2014, 03:21 PM
Hi there,

John

Thank you
We appreciate your update and effort.
:D

Wei Hong
April 11, 2014, 01:25 AM
Dear Flynax Developers,

I just tested out the general flatty and really like it. Hopefully it will be released on time in a few more days.
Thank you so much for your hard work.

I have one question though, is there anyway to make the listings on map show as the same way instead of having to click on the little icon on top?
And will there be a modern general flatty with this very nice quick search box? This search box is pretty nice, it bought me right away when I saw it on the demo site. Very convenient and it has distinguished itself from other sites. None other has have such a fantastic features. Most of them only have 1 little small box with categories drop down and a search box thats it

Apostolos Fotsis
May 1, 2014, 10:02 PM
Hi
I would like the Shopping Cart plugin to enable the admin to have a choice as too which option (auction-fixed-ad) will be showing to the user. Can I do this?

Chris Brown
January 21, 2015, 09:27 PM
Hi any news on a ebay style feedback system for this plugin, and also the ability for seller to mark sold goods as sent/ posted to the winner.

I am wanting to build an auction site but still think this plugin needs a little more work to be complete

Redzheb Duran
June 11, 2020, 10:34 AM
The plugin is very nice. There's a missing part! Now sales will be made on our site. We need to have a profit from this. Our payment infrastructure will be used, and we have to pay a commission for this. We must take commission according to the payment instrument selected.