PDA

View Full Version : Auto Responsive template BETA2

John
March 10, 2014, 01:23 PM
Hi there,
A few days ago we prepared new auto classifieds script demo (auto.demoflynax.com) with flatty auto responsive template installed.
If you have time you may play with it and post your feedbacks here, please check the bugs or problems on demo
before posting your feedbacks here. Thanks!

John

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 03:09 PM
this is great. we shoulded had this from the begining to prevent any false reports of bugs due to incompatible version of script.

as a first remark, you should apply the setting from http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1921-Responsive-and-thumbnails-size&p=8803#post8803 becouse the thumbnails looks blured on responsive

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 03:24 PM
the main featured carousel doesn't have any left right controls - buttons as it should so that the users can skip forward and backward, as we have in red auto for instance

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 03:31 PM
carousels should have the ability to stop play on mouse hover. if you set it to 2-3 sec becouse you want to display as many ads as posible, you will have problems without this feature.
after me, we should have infinite ads as on ebay -home page or http://codecanyon.net/item/draggable-infinite-grid-with-lightbox/full_screen_preview/3956741 (shown in vertical mode instead of horisontal) or http://codecanyon.net/item/ajax-infinite-photo-gallery/full_screen_preview/4754634

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 03:56 PM
if we have just 1 type of listing type, the area marked in photo must be hidden becouse there is nothing to be selected

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 04:43 PM

If i do not make any mistake, wasn't we told that the number of steps was decreased in this new template? most of us requested 1 page so our request was not considered (even if this was the perfect ocasion to implement this requested feature). beside this, the old bug of a number of steps shown initialy and another once you start the process is still present. we have 3+done wich turns into 5+done.

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 04:58 PM
now, location....

i don't know how this works for you, but for me or any user is a nightmare. why?

868 869870871

i have selected first of all USE MAP LOCATION -wich worked great. my pc location was found ok
below, in location area, i selected AMERICAN SAMOA + ALABAMAM.
below, i selected USE ACCOUNT ADDRESS

So, by default i was able to select 3 types of locations, totaly different (since the data specified in my account is UNITED STATES, Chicago, 22 W. Washington, 60602. This is so wrong!!!!!!! In the actual listing, i have as location
Country American Samoa
States Alabamam
ZIP code 45.674
Country United States
City Chicago
Address 22 W. Washington

Now, check how is done in mercador.ro for instance

Location is as fields, when creating an listing (same as yours). BUT, once you filled those fields just 1 time, the data is stored automatic into your account (image 1). Further, the location/contact data autopopulates all your future listings (as you can see in image 2, unless you specify in your account that you do not wish to use the account address. Olso, when creating any listing, even if the fields are autofiled with your account data, you can still change any of fields.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE. SO, your solution compares with mercador's solution? unfortunaly not.

The simplest solution would be to hide automatic Location area if the user activates USE MAP LOCATION since now that area seems to work properly.
Or if somebody has other sugestions, i would love to hear them, becouse this function can't remain like this. IT'S UNUSABLE AND ADS CONFUSION TO USERS, DRIVING THEM AWAY.

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 05:02 PM
873 This is the image form mercador with autofilled fields

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 05:11 PM
listing details page

please compare the width for fields and the width for the values in auto red with the ones from responsive. in responsive, the with for the values is less, making description look for instance as a thin column, especialy in mobile.

This can be easy fixed in mobile by placing the field name as first line and as second line the value of the field, especialy for description or atributes like Comfort, Safety etc

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 05:13 PM
another change that i personaly hate.

you changed the map wich had ability to zoom in and move by scroll into this new one, flat, with 0 controls, unless you click on it and have it opened full screen.
the old map shoulded work just fine, olso in mobiles where you can zoom in by gestures.

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 05:23 PM
renew function

i clicked on renew 3 times and the time shown remained the same. Is this ok? i received message The package has been successfully renewed 3 times...

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 05:27 PM

we see as title Excel Export & Import and below
Import
Export

we should see just Excel Export & Import

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 05:27 PM
in the same area, Picture Archive should be aligned vertical to top, to be in line with the uploader, as first line

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 05:37 PM
price sliders - sugestion

it would be nice if we could drag the marker to the value we want and the moment we release the marker, get the filtering done, without the need to press on Apply filter (2)

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 05:43 PM
i think you are aware that many of us will change the width of the page into something bigger so is a nice surprise to see that now, the grid auto fits, so is not loked in 3 or 4 columns. based on width, it can acomodate 4 columns for instance. there is one problem becouse on each row, there are 2 ads that are joined together. A fix to prevent this bug would be great

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 05:55 PM
in responsive mode, when you scroll down, make/model block jumps up

Chris Brown
March 10, 2014, 05:55 PM

If i do not make any mistake, wasn't we told that the number of steps was decreased in this new template? most of us requested 1 page so our request was not considered (even if this was the perfect ocasion to implement this requested feature). beside this, the old bug of a number of steps shown initialy and another once you start the process is still present. we have 3+done wich turns into 5+done.

I dont think thats a bug it all depends on the listing plan you choose, for example one plan may have video and one doesnt. which would create an extra step if you choose the plan with video.

Maybe the steps should not be implemented until the listing plan has been picked.

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 06:14 PM

i have added in the search "corv", without pressing enter or on the search icon and when i changed the paged the search was collapsed but, when i entered search page, i found that the "corv" was still active and i received results based on that. this should not happen

Petrache Nicolae
March 10, 2014, 06:19 PM
I dont think thats a bug it all depends on the listing plan you choose, for example one plan may have video and one doesnt. which would create an extra step if you choose the plan with video.

Maybe the steps should not be implemented until the listing plan has been picked.

actualy, i was told that we will have a initial checker so that this doesn't happen anymore. for users will be discouraging to see how 3 +1 steps convert into even more steps. in my country at least, all major players have 1 page for creating a listing, not 3 or 5 or more . can i compete with this? once users are used to see all the things in just 1 page?

an relevant example is mercador.ro wich has exploded as number of users/ads, becouse the script is so easy to use

Hareesh Ghanta
March 11, 2014, 02:37 AM
Hi,
Flynax is really great software and lot of potential and you can do many things.Many small websites/vendors are doing great even though they dont have the much functionality because of the very good UI.
This theme much better than any of the older themes.I liked it.Still lot can be done.I don't mind paying if you have a great theme for this some thing like WordPress themes,Joomla themes.etc.Price would be shared by the members who wanted that theme.This way you can hire good guys and make us growing.

Regards

Kemoid Wilson
March 11, 2014, 03:40 AM
I was thinking the same thing. If all of us pool together and pay to create a custom template it would be cheaper and we could all install it like we did with the new template flynax created.

John
March 11, 2014, 04:52 AM
this is great. we shoulded had this from the begining to prevent any false reports of bugs due to incompatible version of script.

as a first remark, you should apply the setting from http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1921-Responsive-and-thumbnails-size&p=8803#post8803 becouse the thumbnails looks blured on responsive

The settings already applied in the demo, could you explain in details which images are blurred? Is it mobile grid of listings?
Also I already replied to the similar post in other thread, here my reply:

>>On the retina displays (or any displays with pixel ration > 1.5) the high resolution pictures
>>load only in case if you are on high speed internet connection because the high resolution images are heavy and load not fast.

John

John
March 11, 2014, 05:09 AM
the main featured carousel doesn't have any left right controls - buttons as it should so that the users can skip forward and backward, as we have in red auto for instance
We decided to remove "next/prev" controls because user can simple click to necessary thumbnail below.

carousels should have the ability to stop play on mouse hover. if you set it to 2-3 sec becouse you want to display as many ads as posible, you will have problems without this feature.
after me, we should have infinite ads as on ebay -home page or http://codecanyon.net/item/draggable-infinite-grid-with-lightbox/full_screen_preview/3956741 (shown in vertical mode instead of horisontal) or http://codecanyon.net/item/ajax-infinite-photo-gallery/full_screen_preview/4754634
Stop on mouse hover is good idea, we will apply it to the next plugin update.
About infinitive grid, it is too specific feature and to be honest I don't think it is useful in classifieds website.
Probably we will develop the separated template with such grid in future but not in flatty template.

if we have just 1 type of listing type, the area marked in photo must be hidden becouse there is nothing to be selected
It was fixed in beta3.

BETA3 will be released at the end of this week.

We planned to decrease the number of steps but it wasn't possible to do by changing the template files only,
it requires to make changes in program core as well. That is why we will work on it in the Flynax 5 only.

Also about 3+done and then 5+done, the total count of steps depends of category and plan selected, that is why
the you can see final steps after the second step only.

John

Petrache Nicolae
March 11, 2014, 05:44 AM
The settings already applied in the demo, could you explain in details which images are blurred? Is it mobile grid of listings?
Also I already replied to the similar post in other thread, here my reply:

>>On the retina displays (or any displays with pixel ration > 1.5) the high resolution pictures
>>load only in case if you are on high speed internet connection because the high resolution images are heavy and load not fast.

John

in pc mode, grid view, images are 190x131.
in mobile, grid view, images are expanded to the width of device - 320px or 360px instead of remaining the same 190px and beeing centered

use firefox developer responsive tool to see it

Petrache Nicolae
March 11, 2014, 05:57 AM
About infinitive grid, it is too specific feature and to be honest I don't think it is useful in classifieds website.
Probably we will develop the separated template with such grid in future but not in flatty template.
John

i do not understand why you consider it to be a specific feature. right now, our interest is to serve the users a way to see as many featureds as posible, since people pays for their ads to be posted on home page. i prefer always the featured from ebay (or from examples i have provided) instead of the regular carousel. they are modern and offer one big advantage on pc/tablet. you scroll down and the ads pile up, remaining all visible. you can see 50-100-200 ads on the page instead of just 8-9 in carousel

Petrache Nicolae
March 11, 2014, 06:02 AM
We planned to decrease the number of steps but it wasn't possible to do by changing the template files only,
it requires to make changes in program core as well. That is why we will work on it in the Flynax 5 only.

Also about 3+done and then 5+done, the total count of steps depends of category and plan selected, that is why
the you can see final steps after the second step only.

John

now remains to be sean if you will make the proper step and create the 1 page submit page (ajax driven or not).
you could make a pool and see if the users prefer 1 page submit form or the present system wich shows 3 steps and than converts in 5+ (since you say that our requests are important and you apply them if we wish them).

Petrache Nicolae
March 11, 2014, 06:09 AM
Hi,
Flynax is really great software and lot of potential and you can do many things.Many small websites/vendors are doing great even though they dont have the much functionality because of the very good UI.
This theme much better than any of the older themes.I liked it.Still lot can be done.I don't mind paying if you have a great theme for this some thing like WordPress themes,Joomla themes.etc.Price would be shared by the members who wanted that theme.This way you can hire good guys and make us growing.

Regards

please use this thread just for reporting issues/bugs. you can create a new thread regarding custom template. thank you

John
March 11, 2014, 07:02 AM
now, location....

i don't know how this works for you, but for me or any user is a nightmare. why?

868 869870871

i have selected first of all USE MAP LOCATION -wich worked great. my pc location was found ok
below, in location area, i selected AMERICAN SAMOA + ALABAMAM.
below, i selected USE ACCOUNT ADDRESS

So, by default i was able to select 3 types of locations, totaly different (since the data specified in my account is UNITED STATES, Chicago, 22 W. Washington, 60602. This is so wrong!!!!!!! In the actual listing, i have as location
Country American Samoa
States Alabamam
ZIP code 45.674
Country United States
City Chicago
Address 22 W. Washington

Now, check how is done in mercador.ro for instance

Location is as fields, when creating an listing (same as yours). BUT, once you filled those fields just 1 time, the data is stored automatic into your account (image 1). Further, the location/contact data autopopulates all your future listings (as you can see in image 2, unless you specify in your account that you do not wish to use the account address. Olso, when creating any listing, even if the fields are autofiled with your account data, you can still change any of fields.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE. SO, your solution compares with mercador's solution? unfortunaly not.

The simplest solution would be to hide automatic Location area if the user activates USE MAP LOCATION since now that area seems to work properly.
Or if somebody has other sugestions, i would love to hear them, becouse this function can't remain like this. IT'S UNUSABLE AND ADS CONFUSION TO USERS, DRIVING THEM AWAY.

We improved the Location section a bit:
1. now the State/Region field depends of the country selected, US states appears for US country selected, else you have text field.
To have this featured you will just have to create new State/Region text field with key = region and add to submit forms.
Make the field as google map field.

2. "Account address on the maps" if enabled the fields became disabled to not confuse users, now location data takes from account.

3. Now connection between map and location fields, we will update the Location Finder plugin and after it this section will much more clear for users.

John

Petrache Nicolae
March 11, 2014, 08:43 AM
We improved the Location section a bit:
1. now the State/Region field depends of the country selected, US states appears for US country selected, else you have text field.
To have this featured you will just have to create new State/Region text field with key = region and add to submit forms.
Make the field as google map field.

2. "Account address on the maps" if enabled the fields became disabled to not confuse users, now location data takes from account.

3. Now connection between map and location fields, we will update the Location Finder plugin and after it this section will much more clear for users.

John

what about "USE MAP LOCATION"? since it detects location of the pc, can it retrieve the proper data and autopopulate complete address like state, city, street and show those in the whole script? and if we use this feature, will it hide the rest of location data as i mentioned?

Matthieu Kauffmann
March 11, 2014, 09:02 AM
Hard to follow this thread ;-)

For the adress fields from users and listings, I, for example, have opened a custom ticket explaining what I want and flynax will custom it on my site this week. It is normal that the script or templates can not be 100% ready for all of us.
It is the same with every predefine stuff you can buy. Even with a wordpress template on themeforest, it maybe cost 50$, but you'll have to spend lot of time to custom it or pay someone to custom it for you.

Petrache Nicolae
March 11, 2014, 09:21 AM
Hard to follow this thread ;-)

For the adress fields from users and listings, I, for example, have opened a custom ticket explaining what I want and flynax will custom it on my site this week. It is normal that the script or templates can not be 100% ready for all of us.
It is the same with every predefine stuff you can buy. Even with a wordpress template on themeforest, it maybe cost 50$, but you'll have to spend lot of time to custom it or pay someone to custom it for you.

once again, i would apreciate if you will post a issue/bug or have a comment regarding one of the issues mentioned already.
since you already post it, what should we do? leave the script as it is now, with 3 location data wich are mixed or have this sorted out properly? or do you sugest that each of us pay flynax to make things properly in this area (becouse wright now is not). i am not against paying money for something new that i want to be added. i am against paying to have bugs fixed (like you say you will do).

Matthieu Kauffmann
March 11, 2014, 10:24 AM
Hello,
Please, stop telling us not to write here...
I have reported lots of bugs in the past weeks about the Responsive template over email and most of them were corrected with Beta2 and will be with Beta 3.

But for the location fields for example, The only thing that is for me a bug or a template problem, is the adress fields coming at the bottom of a listing detail for no reason, we have looked what the problem was and I guess it'll be fixed for new Beta3 or at least if needed, he can provide you the code to change. On my site it is not coming anymore.

But for the rest, I agree it is not ok to ask many times the users for adress fields when creating an account or creating a new listing. But this was like this in the demo script when I bought flynax. So yes, I don't see a problem to pay to have this changed to my needs.

John
March 11, 2014, 10:38 AM
listing details page

please compare the width for fields and the width for the values in auto red with the ones from responsive. in responsive, the with for the values is less, making description look for instance as a thin column, especialy in mobile.

This can be easy fixed in mobile by placing the field name as first line and as second line the value of the field, especialy for description or atributes like Comfort, Safety etc

We eliminated the table tag from the listing details page and now in mobile view the textarea and checkboxes fields take full width of the screen.
You already may check it on the demo, don't forget to clear your browser cache to apply new styles.

John

Petrache Nicolae
March 11, 2014, 10:47 AM
Hello,
Please, stop telling us not to write here...
I have reported lots of bugs in the past weeks about the Responsive template over email and most of them were corrected with Beta2 and will be with Beta 3.

But for the location fields for example, The only thing that is for me a bug or a template problem, is the adress fields coming at the bottom of a listing detail for no reason, we have looked what the problem was and I guess it'll be fixed for new Beta3 or at least if needed, he can provide you the code to change. On my site it is not coming anymore.

But for the rest, I agree it is not ok to ask many times the users for adress fields when creating an account or creating a new listing. But this was like this in the demo script when I bought flynax. So yes, I don't see a problem to pay to have this changed to my needs.

first of all i do not wish to have this thread turned into the old one in wich half of the post were to congrats flynax team. for such things there are other posibilities. write a testimonial if you wish. but, when a thread is for posting bugs, please post bugs. Or flynax team will belive that all is fine.

second, i don't think you get the problem. The problem is the fact that for any ad, we can add in the same time, 3 different locations. Do you find it normal? I don't! We have 3 different options for location, wich is fine, but the script should hide automatic the remaining 2 options for locations once one is activated.

Petrache Nicolae
March 11, 2014, 10:58 AM
We eliminated the table tag from the listing details page and now in mobile view the textarea and checkboxes fields take full width of the screen.
You already may check it on the demo, don't forget to clear your browser cache to apply new styles.

John

looks better now. thanks

Kemoid Wilson
March 11, 2014, 11:28 AM

John

That looks better good job. Can you now take a look at the contact owner form it is unusable for small devices.

Kemoid Wilson
March 11, 2014, 11:47 AM
Is it possible to setup tabs like the example below?
http://webtrendset.com/demo/easy-responsive-tabs/Index.html#horizontalTab2

John
March 11, 2014, 02:13 PM
renew function

i clicked on renew 3 times and the time shown remained the same. Is this ok? i received message The package has been successfully renewed 3 times...
Yes it is a bug, it happens with Free Package only. The fix will be included to next software update (it isn't template bug).
Also here the fix:
1. Open file: includes/controllers/my_package.inc.php
2. find the code (line ~ 100):

$rlListings -> upgradePackage($renew_id, $pack_info['ID'], $account_info['ID'], 'free', 'free', 0, true);

3. replace with:

$rlListings -> upgradePackage($renew_id, $pack_info['Plan_ID'], $account_info['ID'], 'free', 'free', 0, true);
4. find the code (line ~140):

elseif ( $_GET['nvar_1'] == 'purchase' )
5. replace with:

elseif ( $_GET['nvar_1'] == 'purchase' || isset($_GET['purchase']) )

That is all.

John

John
March 11, 2014, 02:15 PM

Good idea Kemoid, we will think about it, thanks for the advice!

John

John
March 11, 2014, 02:21 PM
BTW Matt, I am glad to hear the warm words in any thread :)
Petrache please don't argue with guys, let's argue in peace!

John

John
March 11, 2014, 02:30 PM

we see as title Excel Export & Import and below
Import
Export

we should see just Excel Export & Import

in the same area, Picture Archive should be aligned vertical to top, to be in line with the uploader, as first line

It's Import/Export Listings plugin, we will update it soon.

price sliders - sugestion

it would be nice if we could drag the marker to the value we want and the moment we release the marker, get the filtering done, without the need to press on Apply filter (2)
The changes you suggested are available with Ajax requests and without page reloading, but now we add
the filters to url and it requires to reload the page, it looks not so attractive as ajax but very good for CEO.
Let's keep this way for now.

i think you are aware that many of us will change the width of the page into something bigger so is a nice surprise to see that now, the grid auto fits, so is not loked in 3 or 4 columns. based on width, it can acomodate 4 columns for instance. there is one problem becouse on each row, there are 2 ads that are joined together. A fix to prevent this bug would be great

You just have to change the 3 to 4 in this css style (line ~2300 in style.css file):

section#listings.grid > article:nth-child(3n) {
margin-right: 0;
}

I am done for today, will continue tomorrow.
Thanks to all and especially to Petrache for participation!

John

Monica Bogdan
March 11, 2014, 08:00 PM
Hello

How I can create a Featured gallery for this section?
Right now this section is empty...

Thanks.

<div class="gallary">
<div class="featured_gallery demo"><div class="preview"><a href="#" title="View details"><div></div></a><div class="fg-title hide"></div><div class="fg-price hide"></div></div>
<!-- featured listings block -->

<ul class="featured clearfix lalign list"><li>

<ul class="no-price hide">
</ul>
</li><li>

</ul>
</li><li>

</ul>
</li><li>

</ul>
</li><li>

</ul>
</li></ul>

<!-- featured listings block end -->
</div>
</div>

John
March 12, 2014, 03:13 AM
Hello Monica,
Something wrong with your featured box, at first you have to solve this problem.
Could you PM me your domain name or share it here.

John

Hareesh Ghanta
March 12, 2014, 03:45 AM
Hi john,
I did not hear from any one.could you please suggest how to fix the Multi geo issue?

John
March 12, 2014, 08:20 AM
Hi john,
I did not hear from any one.could you please suggest how to fix the Multi geo issue?

Hi Hareesh, which thread did you post the issue details in? Send me the link.
John

John
March 12, 2014, 08:46 AM
Hi folks, let's continue.

in responsive mode, when you scroll down, make/model block jumps up

Fixed

i have added in the search "corv", without pressing enter or on the search icon and when i changed the paged the search was collapsed but, when i entered search page, i found that the "corv" was still active and i received results based on that. this should not happen
It isn't template behavior, we will think about in the next version update.

We will share the BETA3 today, also started working on re-colored version of the template for boats classifieds script.

John

Hareesh Ghanta
March 12, 2014, 12:04 PM
http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1919-Feedback-on-Auto-Responsive-template-beta!/page5

Pls help

Kemoid Wilson
March 12, 2014, 12:04 PM
I think you guys should take a look at the sellers account page.

Petrache Nicolae
March 12, 2014, 05:06 PM
I think you guys should take a look at the sellers account page.

please be specific (pc or responsive or both). a picture with the issue reported will help speed up the fix. i think you are refering to left column where the layout is wrong

div.table-cell > div.name {
color: #949494;
float: left;
font-weight: 300;
width: 205px;
}

instead of width: 205px; put width: 80px;

if there is something else, let us know. thanks

Kemoid Wilson
March 12, 2014, 06:37 PM
Yes that is it and thanks that fixed the problem. The other problems exist only when the browser window is at its smallest width mimicking mobile view:
Edit Listing div is blocking the pictures 883
When you are log out the "contact owner form is not displaying properly 884
When you are loged out the print and favorite icon is overlapping the navigation for the pictures on the view listing details page 885
Tabs are overflowing on the search page 886

Hareesh Ghanta
March 13, 2014, 12:45 PM
Hi Team,
I am following up from last one week.there is an issue with Multi geo filter.users are not able add or search listings.please help me out
Thank you
Regards

Ionut Barabasa
March 13, 2014, 07:54 PM
Hello
How is possible to have homepage structure same as the rest of the site? I am not using the featured gallery ( removed it from home_content.tpl) I just want a sidebar and the main content. On the homepage when i use LEFT position for content boxes, it take half of the space
Thank you!

Wei Hong
March 14, 2014, 05:15 AM
Hi
If I'm not using responsive template at this moment. Do I need to update all of the plug-in?
Thank you

Petrache Nicolae
March 16, 2014, 02:03 PM
Hi folks, let's continue.
John

I think that flynax team advertised that the image player and video player plays now in same container. this may be true if you use the thumbnails but it is false when yu use the image enlargement

when we expand the image, we can change the image but the videos do not exist!!! there are plenty of players that are able to play video/image in the same window ( for instance http://html5box.com/html5lightbox/ ), so, why this was not done properly? most of users use the image gallery so they can see big images, wich means that the videos are left in the dust.

in adition, the popup window doesn't show in the middle of the page. if i scroll down a little so that the image + thumbnails are centered on my page than click ok the image enlargement, the popop lightbox opens misplaced - se image

Now, for Kemoid Wilson issues

1. Edit Listing div is blocking the pictures - fixed in beta 3 (i see)
2. When you are log out the "contact owner form is not displaying properly - WHY DO WE STILL HAVE TABLES INSIDE THIS RESPONSIVE TEMPLATE?
a quick fix is
table.submit td.name {
padding-right: 10px;
width: 28%; instead of existing width: 170px;
}
But once again, please remove tables!!!

3. When you are loged out the print and favorite icon is overlapping the navigation for the pictures on the view listing details page - this looks ok on 320px devices so i guess it is fixed?
4. Tabs are overflowing on the search page - again, this looks ok on 320px

John
March 18, 2014, 06:09 AM
please be specific (pc or responsive or both). a picture with the issue reported will help speed up the fix. i think you are refering to left column where the layout is wrong

div.table-cell > div.name {
color: #949494;
font-weight: 300;
width: 205px;
}

instead of width: 205px; put width: 80px;

if there is something else, let us know. thanks
This problem occurred in BETA2 due to listing details page improvements and was fixed in next update.

John
March 18, 2014, 08:53 AM
Yes that is it and thanks that fixed the problem. The other problems exist only when the browser window is at its smallest width mimicking mobile view:
Edit Listing div is blocking the pictures 883
Fixed

When you are log out the "contact owner form is not displaying properly 884

Fixed

When you are loged out the print and favorite icon is overlapping the navigation for the pictures on the view listing details page 885

Tested on middle size screen on mobile phone with middle price, looks ok.

Tabs are overflowing on the search page 886
No solution found yet.

John

John
March 18, 2014, 08:57 AM
Hello
How is possible to have homepage structure same as the rest of the site? I am not using the featured gallery ( removed it from home_content.tpl) I just want a sidebar and the main content. On the homepage when i use LEFT position for content boxes, it take half of the space
Thank you!
Hi there,
The modification you want to do requires many changes to be honest.
Try to search for "home" in content.tpl and header.tpl in the template/tpl/ directory.
All conditions with use $pageInfo.Key == 'home' should be properly removed.

John

John
March 18, 2014, 08:58 AM
Hi
If I'm not using responsive template at this moment. Do I need to update all of the plug-in?
Thank you
Yes, almost of plugins will be updated (some already updated) and you'd better update them.

John

John
March 18, 2014, 09:20 AM
I think that flynax team advertised that the image player and video player plays now in same container. this may be true if you use the thumbnails but it is false when yu use the image enlargement

when we expand the image, we can change the image but the videos do not exist!!! there are plenty of players that are able to play video/image in the same window ( for instance http://html5box.com/html5lightbox/ ), so, why this was not done properly? most of users use the image gallery so they can see big images, wich means that the videos are left in the dust.

in adition, the popup window doesn't show in the middle of the page. if i scroll down a little so that the image + thumbnails are centered on my page than click ok the image enlargement, the popop lightbox opens misplaced - se image

Bot issues were fixed.

John

Matthieu Kauffmann
March 18, 2014, 09:27 AM
Do you know when the "work in progress" plugin will be available for responsive?

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 02:04 PM
Bot issues were fixed.

John

Fixes confirmed. Thanks

What is happening with the button for finishing the edit when adding images or videos? same as we have when changing the fields? Will be added or not?

Another thing.... Why we don't have a big image on mobile (in listing detail page)? we have just the thumbnails wich are tiny and as they are, user doesn't see anything. Further, if i click on image, like i want to open the lightbox gallery, i have the spinning circle like is loading and that is all.

Eldar Amirov
March 18, 2014, 06:14 PM
hello. 1. Thank you for your work. :)
2. Demo version have bug in "Comparison Table": in home page i have 5 cars for compare. 888
But if i see listings detaile "Comparison Table" not have cars for compare 889 ,
and if i remove car from table i see in table -1 890
Sorry for my English, kind regards, Eldar

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 09:05 PM

pdf is not ok. description is shown in a thin column instead of full width

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 09:17 PM
with these new upgrades to the script i hoped that some bad things will be eliminated.

for instance

why do you still allow users to create their pages link as they wish? why is not created automatic from the username that the user chosen and wich is already unique?
i have just created my personal address like /fuck and that worked just fine. a user can create any address, including bad /ugly words/expressions. please lose this "feature" that creates just issues and no advantages. this is the first script in wich i have sean such "feature". guess why no one else is using it....

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 09:19 PM

when creating a new account, the steps are not ok

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 09:32 PM

you know my opinion about countless steps...

step 3 doesn't see properly. further, in english step has 4 letter. in my language i have "pasul" wich has 5 so the number of step can't be sean, and i bet that in other languages the number of letters for step is even more

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 09:39 PM

i have reported that IS WRONG to allow users to select different location data when creating a listing. looks like nothing is changed.

the first option is Use map location. if i select that, please hide the second option Account address on map. Same principle reversed. If i select second option, hide the first one. DO NOT SHOW BOTH. If i miss something about the logic, please take a time and enlight me. thanks

In the end, in listing detail page i see as location the account address. so, why was i let to use the map location if that doesn't show?

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 09:43 PM

again, steps issue when adding images

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 09:45 PM

i have selected an image to be uploaded, a new thumbnail (empty) apears and on top a red text with Abort. so no image, no upload progress. is this working ok?

in the end, the listing shows 2 as images but no actual image as big image of thumbnail

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 09:59 PM

in mobile, grid icon showld not show since view as List does not exist so there is nothing to switch to (my opinion).

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 10:09 PM

I have used the search and i'vo got some listings. All fine except the fact that all users sorts their result BY PRICE - ASCENDING or BY PRICE - DESCENDING. Exactly this we do not have. Please add this filter becouse is the only one wich counts.

I see as options
Listing type - what happens if we have just 1 type? we will still have this filter?
Category - ok
Registration Date - irelevant since there is no feedback system implemented (imposible in classifieds)

Olso, in any script, users have same filter ascending + descending. this is from ebay for instance 901
In ebay, the filter is a good working feature, used by most users. in flynax, this is a non working feature wich just takes space and discredit our websites in the eyes of users.

you should add as well filter by Newer ads or Older ads

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 10:15 PM
in mobile, title should ocupy the whole width. users will not ad as title just 3 words. they will add much more and all that must be displayed properly.

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 10:21 PM

http://boats.demoflynax.com/boats/inflatable-boats/inflatable-boat-pvc-boat-3.6m-7.html#map-fullscreen

in mobile, i click on map, than i close it and when it does, i get the message from image. this should not happen.

in adition, if i scroll down, i see this 904

Petrache Nicolae
March 18, 2014, 10:31 PM

i have clicked on Search by location (from footer) and i get the message from image....no location...
why this is not using the same location detection used in Add a listing? that is working just fine. i give the accept to use the pc's location and the result is almost perfect.

Matthieu Kauffmann
March 20, 2014, 10:05 AM
Hello,

Any idea when the "Under Construction" plugin will be available for responsive templates?

Ionut Barabasa
March 20, 2014, 08:30 PM
Hello

I changed the categories from LEFT to TOP but the box looks bad on desktop view. Only one column. If i start to minimize the window then the box will switch to 3 column which is perfect. So the question is: how to make 3 or 4 column for categories when in desktop view?

AutoTrader
March 26, 2014, 10:08 PM
I need to make the theme wider to 1170px

I understand I have to add something like this:

@media screen and (min-width: 1170px)

as extra before the 960px, has anyone done that before?
Thank you in advance!

AutoTrader
March 26, 2014, 10:15 PM
just an update, I know the code I need to add should look like something like this:

/*** DESKTOP VIEW ***/
/*** NEW VIEW ***/
@media screen and (min-width: 1170px) {
.point1 {
max-width: 1170px;
}
div#header-banner {
width: 468px;
height: 60px;
top: 21px;
left: 245px;
}
section#main_container > div.inside-container {
padding: 30px 0;
}
section#controller_area {
padding-bottom: 30px;
}
section#content {
width: 630px;
float: right;
}
body.no-sidebar section#content,
body.home-page section#content {
width: auto;
float: none;
}
div#header-banner > div.no-banner {
line-height: 60px;
}
nav.footer-menu {
max-width: 643px; /* /17px for scroll glich */
width: 100%;
}
nav.footer-menu > ul > li:nth-child(3n) {
padding-right: 0;
}
div.footer-data {
width: 300px;
}

/* home content block */
section.home-content {
margin: 0 0 30px 0;
max-height: 432px;
overflow: hidden;
}
section.home-content div.gallary {
width: 630px;
}
section.home-content div.search-form {
}
section.content_block,
section.side_block {
margin: 0 0 30px 0;
}
section.side_block > h3 ,
section.content_block > h3 {
font-size: 1.143em;
overflow: hidden;
text-overflow: ellipsis;
white-space: nowrap;
}
section#main_container > div > aside.left {
display: inline-block;
}
aside.two-middle > div.middle-left > div {
padding-right: 15px;
}
aside.two-middle > div.middle-right > div {
padding-left: 15px;
}
aside.three-middle > div.middle-left,
aside.three-middle > div.middle-right,
aside.three-middle > div.middle-center {
}
aside.three-middle > div.middle-right {
}
aside.three-middle > div.middle-center {
margin-left: 30px;
}
aside.bottom {
margin-top: 30px;
}
/* home content block end */

.search-block-content {
height: 357px;
}
.search-block-content.no-tabs {
height: 400px;
}
.search-block-content div.scroller {
height: 308px;
}
.search-block-content.no-tabs div.scroller {
height: 351px;
}
section.side_block span.expander {
display: none;
}
section.categories-box ul.cat-tree > li.rest {
display: none;
}
section.categories-box div.cat-tree-cont.limit-height {
max-height: 360px;
}

div.listing-details section.main-section div.table-container {
height: 290px;
}
div.listing-details section.main-section.no-picture div.table-container {
height: 210px;
}

.grid_navbar {
margin-bottom: 30px;
}

ul.select-category select {
background-image: none;
}
body.no-sidebar .advanced-search-form {
width: 60%;
}
}

/*** END OF NEW VIEW ***/
/*** Modified by spyros ***/
/*** added: and (max-width: 1169px) ***/
@media screen and (min-width: 960px) and (max-width: 1169px) {

Wei Hong
March 27, 2014, 07:14 AM
No new update?
Also, I notice that I cant not pin to zoom on my ipad? How do I fix it?

Wei Hong
April 4, 2014, 04:53 AM
Dear Flynax Supporter,
I'm really looking forward to the general responsive?
Is there any ETA for the release?

Thanks

John
April 11, 2014, 04:37 AM
General Responsive will be released today.
Also we will review all feedbacks on the responsive templates and update them during a week.
Thanks to all for testing!

John

Ionut Barabasa
April 11, 2014, 10:51 AM
Hello

Please see the attached image. Not all categories are visible. Same things happends when use a smartphone. And there is no scroll bar.

Petrache Nicolae
April 11, 2014, 01:00 PM
General Responsive will be released today.
Also we will review all feedbacks on the responsive templates and update them during a week.
Thanks to all for testing!

John

it would be best if you will create a separate thread for each responsive template so we can post issues to each specific template.

John
April 12, 2014, 09:52 AM
Do you know when the "work in progress" plugin will be available for responsive?

It is not hight priority task for now, I think the Under Construction plugin (http://www.flynax.com/plugins/underconstructions.html) will updated in a few weeks or so.

John

John
April 12, 2014, 09:57 AM
What is happening with the button for finishing the edit when adding images or videos? same as we have when changing the fields? Will be added or not?
Maybe in the Flynax 5 we will add it but I don't promise.

Another thing.... Why we don't have a big image on mobile (in listing detail page)? we have just the thumbnails wich are tiny and as they are, user doesn't see anything.
Because it was our concept, also

Further, if i click on image, like i want to open the lightbox gallery, i have the spinning circle like is loading and that is all.

Where did you see it? Maybe some JS error occurred on the page and prevented lightbox script working properly.

John

John
April 12, 2014, 10:16 AM
hello. 1. Thank you for your work. :)
2. Demo version have bug in "Comparison Table": in home page i have 5 cars for compare. 888
But if i see listings detaile "Comparison Table" not have cars for compare 889 ,
and if i remove car from table i see in table -1 890
Sorry for my English, kind regards, Eldar
Yes Eldar, it is the version bug, here the fix:
1. open the file /includes/controllers/listing_details.inc.php
2. find the code

if ( $config['mod_rewrite'] && $listing_data ) {

3. replace with code

if ( !$_GET['request'] && $config['mod_rewrite'] && $listing_data ) {

Thanks

John
April 12, 2014, 10:20 AM

pdf is not ok. description is shown in a thin column instead of full width

Will be fixed in the related plugin.

John
April 12, 2014, 10:24 AM
with these new upgrades to the script i hoped that some bad things will be eliminated.

for instance

why do you still allow users to create their pages link as they wish? why is not created automatic from the username that the user chosen and wich is already unique?
i have just created my personal address like /fuck and that worked just fine. a user can create any address, including bad /ugly words/expressions. please lose this "feature" that creates just issues and no advantages. this is the first script in wich i have sean such "feature". guess why no one else is using it....

Yes the "bad words filter" plugin is required and we will develop it soon, about the featured in general,
you may disable it in admin panel if you don't like it, simple.

John

John
April 12, 2014, 11:15 AM

when creating a new account, the steps are not ok

Solved, fix will be added the next template update.

Chris Brown
April 12, 2014, 11:27 AM
Just a quick question. As auto flatty is 4.3, will it work ok on 4.1 or do i need to upgrade.
I do have some features from 4.3 already but not all.

Thanks.

John
April 12, 2014, 11:29 AM

you know my opinion about countless steps...

step 3 doesn't see properly. further, in english step has 4 letter. in my language i have "pasul" wich has 5 so the number of step can't be sean, and i bet that in other languages the number of letters for step is even more
The best solution is to hide the "Step" word in the mobile version and leave steps numbers only.
Done in the next update.

John

John
April 12, 2014, 12:15 PM

i have reported that IS WRONG to allow users to select different location data when creating a listing. looks like nothing is changed.

the first option is Use map location. if i select that, please hide the second option Account address on map. Same principle reversed. If i select second option, hide the first one. DO NOT SHOW BOTH. If i miss something about the logic, please take a time and enlight me. thanks

In the end, in listing detail page i see as location the account address. so, why was i let to use the map location if that doesn't show?

The current Location Finder plugin (the map on the add listing page) controls the marker position and zoom of the map in the listing details page.
This plugin doesn't affect the location text data such as Country name and so, we are going to update the plugin and allow it fully control the
listing location data, in this case the checbox you mentioned will be hide if the "use map" selected.

John

John
April 12, 2014, 12:24 PM

i have selected an image to be uploaded, a new thumbnail (empty) apears and on top a red text with Abort. so no image, no upload progress. is this working ok?

in the end, the listing shows 2 as images but no actual image as big image of thumbnail

Which images did you use? Could you send them to me in PM or to support system.
Do you use our demo website for your tests?

John

John
April 12, 2014, 01:26 PM

http://boats.demoflynax.com/boats/inflatable-boats/inflatable-boat-pvc-boat-3.6m-7.html#map-fullscreen

in mobile, i click on map, than i close it and when it does, i get the message from image. this should not happen.

in adition, if i scroll down, i see this 904

The red message controls by the version script (not by template itself), we will fix it in the next version update.
Other things in this post fixed in the template.

John

Ionut Barabasa
April 12, 2014, 07:07 PM
Hello

And what about the issue i presented to you? If have a large number of categories when in mobile version or other mobile device not all categories are visible and have no scroll bar to navigate. i upload the photo again

William Hull
April 12, 2014, 08:58 PM

I would also like to see the tabs shown in this format.

Kemoid Wilson
April 13, 2014, 12:27 AM
I would also like to see the tabs shown in this format.

I made that same request and I was also told that nothing can be done for the overflowing tabs in the auto flatty template which I highly disagree with there are so many options out there

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 08:39 AM
The red message controls by the version script (not by template itself), we will fix it in the next version update.
Other things in this post fixed in the template.

John

THIS IS THE THREAD FOR GENERAL RESPONSIVE SO PLEASE TAKE A LOOK THERE
http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1980-General-Responsive-template

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 08:52 AM
Maybe in the Flynax 5 we will add it but I don't promise.

Because it was our concept, also
John

Where did you see it? Maybe some JS error occurred on the page and prevented lightbox script working properly.

1. how can we manualy add such button?
2. how can we keep the big image olso on mobile, without the need of launching the lightbox?
3. that happen in your demo. have checked again now and looks ok.

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 09:58 AM
Which images did you use? Could you send them to me in PM or to support system.
Do you use our demo website for your tests?

John

i used your demo, with the standard windows 7 images (from folder sample pictures)

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 10:06 AM
The current Location Finder plugin (the map on the add listing page) controls the marker position and zoom of the map in the listing details page.
This plugin doesn't affect the location text data such as Country name and so, we are going to update the plugin and allow it fully control the
listing location data, in this case the checbox you mentioned will be hide if the "use map" selected.

John

ok. please do not forget that the whole LOCATION area has 3 types of location (not just 2):

1. use map location
2. regular dropdowns country/state/city/zip - wich are listing fields
3. Account address on the maps - wich is filled in when you create an account.

in all cases/situations, if we select for instance option 2. , we should not see 1. + 3. same ideea for any case derived from this. the option selected here must propagate in whole script so we do not have an location when creating the listing, another in listing details and another in user account for that listing.

Petrache Nicolae
April 13, 2014, 10:54 AM
Yes the "bad words filter" plugin is required and we will develop it soon, about the featured in general,
you may disable it in admin panel if you don't like it, simple.

John

from were in admin we can disable "Personal Address" field when creating an account?

John
April 14, 2014, 06:19 AM

i have clicked on Search by location (from footer) and i get the message from image....no location...
why this is not using the same location detection used in Add a listing? that is working just fine. i give the accept to use the pc's location and the result is almost perfect.

We will update the search by distance plugin soon and this issue will be solved.
John

John
April 14, 2014, 06:46 AM
Hello

I changed the categories from LEFT to TOP but the box looks bad on desktop view. Only one column. If i start to minimize the window then the box will switch to 3 column which is perfect. So the question is: how to make 3 or 4 column for categories when in desktop view?

Fix added to the next template update and here the instruction to apply fix self:
1. Open file style.css
2. find the code line ~# 5370

.grid_navbar {
margin-bottom: 30px;
}

3. add the following styles above

aside.top section.categories-box ul.cat-tree > li,
aside.bottom section.categories-box ul.cat-tree > li,
aside.middle section.categories-box ul.cat-tree > li {
display: inline-block;
width: 30%;
margin-right: 5%;
}
aside.top section.categories-box ul.cat-tree > li:nth-child(3n),
aside.bottom section.categories-box ul.cat-tree > li:nth-child(3n),
aside.middle section.categories-box ul.cat-tree > li:nth-child(3n) {
margin-right: 0;
}

Done

John
April 14, 2014, 06:48 AM
I need to make the theme wider to 1170px

I understand I have to add something like this:

@media screen and (min-width: 1170px)

as extra before the 960px, has anyone done that before?
Thank you in advance!
You should just change all 960 to 1170 in the css. Let me know if it doesn't help.

John

John
April 14, 2014, 08:01 AM
Hello

Please see the attached image. Not all categories are visible. Same things happends when use a smartphone. And there is no scroll bar.

Fixed in the next templates updated, here the fix:
1. open lib.js in the template's js directory, find line ~1420

if ( settings.id ) {
createCookie(settings.id, self.hasClass('active') ? 1 : 0, 365);
}

2. add the following code after code we found above

if ( $(settings.cont).is(':visible') && settings.id == 'cat_box_expander' ) {
$('div.cat-tree-cont').addClass('limit-height').mCustomScrollbar('update');
}

Probably you will have to clear the browser cache to see changes.

John

John
April 14, 2014, 08:03 AM
Just a quick question. As auto flatty is 4.3, will it work ok on 4.1 or do i need to upgrade.
I do have some features from 4.3 already but not all.

Thanks.
It should work on 4.1 but some functions maybe disabled due to some new hooks added to 4.3 version.
You mat try to it and list us the problems you found.

John

John
April 14, 2014, 09:09 AM
THIS IS THE THREAD FOR GENERAL RESPONSIVE SO PLEASE TAKE A LOOK THERE
http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1980-General-Responsive-template

We will improve the tabs but in different way, the way you mentioned isn't good because the tab content height may take much space and user will never find next tab.

John

Petrache Nicolae
April 14, 2014, 10:20 AM
We will improve the tabs but in different way, the way you mentioned isn't good because the tab content height may take much space and user will never find next tab.

John

what tabs? in that message i posted the link to the bugs for general responsive template.

Wei Hong
April 14, 2014, 10:08 PM
Hi John.
WIll there be a flatty template similar to modern general with a quick search table on top? I really like this feature and wondering if it will be supported.
Thank you

John
April 15, 2014, 02:03 PM
Hi John.
WIll there be a flatty template similar to modern general with a quick search table on top? I really like this feature and wondering if it will be supported.
Thank you
Hi Wei Hong,
The auto and boats flatty templates have quick search forms on the top on the home page.
Do you mean that?

John

John
April 15, 2014, 02:04 PM
Hi there,
We have updated the general, auto and boats flatty templates and now they presented as 1.1 version.
I will keep follow your feedback and update the templates from time to time.
Thanks to all for help!

John

Petrache Nicolae
April 15, 2014, 02:45 PM
Hi there,
We have updated the general, auto and boats flatty templates and now they presented as 1.1 version.
I will keep follow your feedback and update the templates from time to time.
Thanks to all for help!

John

Hello John. I did not get any feedback on the list with bugs from http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1980-General-Responsive-template

Are they all fixed?

Looks like you didn't. All the bugs for general are valid. Right now, the template is unusable becouse of the bugs from upload, registration and create a new listing (multifield addon issues)

Wei Hong
April 15, 2014, 06:02 PM
Hi Wei Hong,
The auto and boats flatty templates have quick search forms on the top on the home page.
Do you mean that?

John

Yes, John. But since the feature is so important to my site. I would like to have 5 tabs available instead of just 2. And narrow the picture slide of the auto template by half or narrower for the tabs to be showed in full

Wei Hong
March 7, 2015, 10:38 AM
Yes, John. But since the feature is so important to my site. I would like to have 5 tabs available instead of just 2. And narrow the picture slide of the auto template by half or narrower for the tabs to be showed in full

I'm still interested in this quick search box for general flatty, any update for it is appreciated. :D