PDA

View Full Version : Can you live without flynax support?

Marina Charalampous
February 23, 2014, 01:35 AM
Hello guys!
I am wondering if you can live without flynax support. The cost it's high and I think to not use the flynax support but I don't know if I can manage without them.
Any comments?

Thank you

Chris Brown
February 23, 2014, 11:30 AM
I think it all depends on your experience with website building. I paid for about a year and a half then had personal money issues which cut it short. But even without it they have still helped with bugs etc that have appeared. I have also taught myself certain things to help so i dont need to pay.
So currently i have not paid for support for about a year, but soon as i can afford it again i will because it was worth having.

Marina Charalampous
February 23, 2014, 01:35 PM
It's very good to have the support next to you but the problem that my site is not so profitable yet. Because you are older than me here and you have more experience how many time do you need to spend on your site everyday?

Chris Brown
February 23, 2014, 02:34 PM
I wish mine was profitable LOL :D currently i spend about half hour each day just doing maintenance etc, and then set aside one night a week to play with templates etc

Marina Charalampous
February 23, 2014, 02:58 PM
Chris two answers outside of main post. How you promote your site and how you get money of that?

Chris Brown
February 23, 2014, 04:56 PM
I dont really have much promotion to be honest, i have twitter, facebook pages and profile, google+ page, i added my site to numerous free web directories, i suppose alot comes with time moving up googles search pages. Oh i also feed the cars added to some portals which may elp get click backs to my site. Apart from that i have not paid anything in advertising costs.

I have barley made much money apart from the odd paid adverts as i still have free plans

Matthieu Kauffmann
February 23, 2014, 05:23 PM
I think this is one of the huge mistake from a lot of person with flynax licences.

The technical part of an classified site, is nothing special or difficult today. For an amount from 1000 to 10.000 anybody can have a working classified site.

But still, running a successful website, will cost a huge amount of money in promotion. The only value of such a site is having a lot of ads and a lot of visitors.
Without investing a lot of money in publicity over google, facebook, banner, it is impossible to make a place in this market.

A starting point to have some visitors, is paying on Facebook to promote your page or a post. It is easy to manage, but still will cost some money to be effective. Then a campaign on google is mandatory.

I think, you can start make a little money, with 5000 viewers per day (it'll depend a lot on your goal market and size of your country). And even 5000 per day, is not a lot to be honest, but cost a lot to achieve.

Now Marina, for a small market like Cyprus, it could be possible to have visibily for a lot less than in UK for example.

Chris Brown
February 23, 2014, 05:36 PM
Yeah the Uk has a huge market to compete in and i have seen big companies try it and fail. For me its just a personal challenge to see what i can do with little money. I find it fun and kind of a hobby. I am under no illusions i will make lots of money but if i can make some money in the future it will be a bonus.

The biggest auto classifieds in the uk have 360,000 ads and use tv advertising and have been around years so its always going to be hard to compete or even get close.

It will always be hard without lots of financial backing unless you are the first to offer this solution in your respective country.

Marina Charalampous
February 23, 2014, 07:35 PM
I believe that you should to pay for advertise but you can promote one site byself in facebook etc. and don't forget is not only online advertise but you can do and offline too