PDA

View Full Version : 2 sites in one

Marina Charalampous
December 3, 2013, 12:44 PM
I have one site mydomain.com for cars and mydomain.com/bikes for bikes. I have two different scripts with two different admin panels and two databases. Anybody had the same problem because I want to make the site like one but with two different sectors cars and bikes. Any advises please?

Chris Brown
December 3, 2013, 03:16 PM
Can't you just create it all in one script, add new listing type 'bikes' etc etc mines all in the same script

Marina Charalampous
December 3, 2013, 04:43 PM
Thank you Chris
This is one solution but I want to have separate like autotrader.co.uk the each sector is different but I will think about your idea

Chris Brown
December 3, 2013, 05:34 PM
Yeah i know what you mean. Suppose you could use one script with some changes like

Logo changes depending on which section you are in (think theres code somewhere for this)

Main menu changes depending in which section you are in

Other than that i suppose you would need to have 2 scripts that use the same database (i suppose mainly for registration details etc). Not sure how easy that is

Marina Charalampous
December 3, 2013, 05:46 PM
Yes I know. I opened ticket for advise and help about that and I am waiting because already run the sites but the main problem is the mobile version because when I have enable the mobile version of the bikes that is not in the root come a loop problem and I can't use it

Mike
December 5, 2013, 06:51 AM
I think final decision should be based on how big is difference in two systems, if difference not big its better to do with one script , different listing types and some coding to show different things for different listing types.

In this case database is one, one admin panel one place for users to manage their listings and so on,

If difference is big it's better to do on different script installations but in this case you will need account synchronization and other things.

My opinion is that better to keep it in one script, it will be much easier to manage.