PDA

View Full Version : Can someone confirm the steps for upgrade from flynax 4.1 to 4.2 pls?

Stephen Campbell
November 12, 2013, 10:20 AM
Hello,
I'd just like to confirm that i copy each folder/file from the templates folder in the patch to the templates folder on my server.

I have followed the directions from this link and want to be sure that it is correct.

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?9-Version-Upgrade

7. Unzip all files and copy each file to necessary directory on your server, remember! that you need to copy only your template files from /templates/ directory in the patch.

Thank you
Steve

Mike
November 13, 2013, 11:28 AM
Hi Steve,

You don't need to copy each folder/file but it's not a problem if you copy all. Important thing that you need to patch your current template and other templates you want to use

example: your template is general_modern but there are all template directories in the patch. You may just copy general_modern folder from patch/templates to apply changes to your templates

Hope i understand you right.

Stephen Campbell
November 13, 2013, 05:54 PM
My template is auto-red so I only copied the files from the auto-red template folder in the patch.

In the patch there are other files and folders, but the upgrade instructions state that you only need to update your template folder with the matching template files from the patch.

I wanted to confirm this. After I completed the upgrade i was wondering why the other files were there and this made me think maybe I've missed something.

Thank you for clearing this up.

Many regards
Steve