who logged in today,
and who messaged to whom
who is sharing, bookmarking,
contacting, messaging,
polls, rating,
user comments,
what pages the registered user visited,

the feature should display every registered users movement action to admin

If he is not logged in for a long time then auto remind email to update listings and contact details.

I don't know whether this features are there in flynax.

Pete Young
October 29, 2013, 10:32 PM
I would like at least a last time logged in option and a variable ? lets say i want to dial up show me who has not logged in during the last 18 months ? that way i could slowly cull out people that are not using the system.

Beau
February 8, 2014, 12:58 AM
All of the above please!!! They would be great features and I'd happily pay for them :)

Chris Brown
July 30, 2014, 05:41 PM
I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to throw a suggestion.

Basically to log the users last visit. Then option in admin to delete/remove users if not logged in after a certain amount of time, with option to choose which accounts this works for.

reason: For an auto website, people may only sell their car once every year, 2 years etc. In this time the user may have changed email etc so basically we may have an account on the system that is useless.
Obviosly we want the dealer accounts not to be included as we may need these for newsletter purposes, dealer directory etc.

Any thoughts from flynax or other forum users

Pete Young
July 31, 2014, 01:14 AM
Chris, you are correct in being able to delete out old users, The only options I have seen are this, to delete old expired listings after they have expired ( say ? after 1 year ) if thats possible and should be, the next bit is to then filter users that have been registered for over a year (by using the second date in filter and winding it back one year) and then look to see if they have no ads in the system by clicking the crosses. (you can also filter by user type here if you want) you would also pause the notification email for deleted accounts going out to the users if you wanted.

If so they would meet the requirements to be removed. But where this gets tricky is the user stats although showing number of listings does not show number of ads in the system, so you then need to manually check this as well / it would be better if the user info not only listed number of listing but number of ads and possibly also number of saved searches, then it would be a little easier to work with.

The only downfall here would be if a person has been in the system over a year and keeps their account clean with old deleted ads, you may delete these people from the system by mistake, so a last logged in Field would be great.

Pete Young
August 3, 2014, 02:29 AM
I have thought more about recording the users last visit and my mind tells me that

there must be some code in the script that ads the join date =now() when pressing the join button, now if so I want to find that bit of script and also add it to the login process, so that when a user logs back in it activates that same code updating the join date, that way I could re name that column to joined / renewed or similar and it should not take much to to copy and paste that bit of code in.

I will see if I can find it but I really do not know these codes very well, so I feel like a person learning a new language.

Chris Brown
August 3, 2014, 07:54 AM
So really it becomes a last logged in date, doesnt sound like a bad idea.

Valerie
October 9, 2014, 08:46 AM
So really it becomes a last logged in date, doesnt sound like a bad idea.

We will think about the users activity and last logged in date for a fifth version, it might be very helpful.