PDA

View Full Version : Version 5 feature requests.

Chris Brown
October 23, 2013, 07:05 PM
As seen as John posted in another thread regarding feature requests for flynax version 5, i thought i would start a thread that we can all post in with potential ideas and improvements.

I will start with a few.

1/ News articles section, abilty to categorise news articles kind of like a blog so you can sort them like car articles, bike articles, boat articles. Then the abilty to create content blocks related to these categories so i can for example put car news on my car pages and bike news on my bike pages.

2/ An inbuilt FAQ system, i know we have the current plugin but i think it needs abit more thought instead of being just like the news plugin.

3/ I know over the last few years theres been lots of discussions regarding the add listing category tree. I have to admit i would prefer a selection box system. So something that gives the option to choose between both systems.

4/In contact form the abilty to add different email departments in admin with maybe a text description box for each department so you can write desription or rules of contact if you know what i mean. Selection box in contact form front end to choose department with the description box which changes depending on which department you choose.

5/ A search tool in account manager for dealers that have lots of listings

Thats it for the time being, sure i had more but i forgot them, may come to me tomorrow :D

I am sure there will be loads of ideas but most will mainly suit to be plugins. These i have listed i think would be good in the basic script.

Need any help, a chat to discuss or testing give us a shout :D

Chris

Ramu Palanisamy
October 24, 2013, 04:44 AM
Good Chris, My idea is

1. view detail page need to change some what different style. I hope flynax having same format from long back for all.

2. User friendly search tool required.

3. Mainly need to take care of site speed point of view.

Ram

Leandro Figueiredo
October 25, 2013, 02:29 PM
Criss
I also need.

1 - News articles section, abilty to categorise news articles kind of like a blog so you can sort them like car articles, bike articles, boat articles. Then the abilty to create content blocks related to these categories so i can for example put car news on my car pages and bike news on my bike pages.

See this exemplo: http://www.zoom.com.br/tv/deumzoom

Chris Brown
October 25, 2013, 02:53 PM
Criss
I also need.

1 - News articles section, abilty to categorise news articles kind of like a blog so you can sort them like car articles, bike articles, boat articles. Then the abilty to create content blocks related to these categories so i can for example put car news on my car pages and bike news on my bike pages.

See this exemplo: http://www.zoom.com.br/tv/deumzoom

To be honest i was thinking about this today, that we could use listing types to create a news/blog then add categories, and set as admin only to create news articles then use field bound box plugin etc.

Leandro Figueiredo
October 25, 2013, 03:01 PM
To be honest i was thinking about this today, that we could use listing types to create a news/blog then add categories, and set as admin only to create news articles then use field bound box plugin etc.

I also. But, we need to wait the newer version?

Chris Brown
October 26, 2013, 01:38 PM
Have another feature.

*Auto deletion of accounts in admin.

System will log the last time the user logged in and then in admin we can set amount of days before auto delete/remove. Must also be able to choose which account type/types this applies too.

Reason: Lots of users do change email addresses, forget details etc so and some will use the site once and then not see them again for years to come, by then they may have forgot login details, changed email address etc etc.

Reason for being able to aply this to certain account types is so it doesnt effect dealers as they generally have lots of listings and if they havnt been on for a while we need them to send regular emails too, plus it would possible effect the dealer directories.

Hope that all make sense :D

**Auto deletion of listings

Be able to set number of days that inactive listings are stored in the sytem and then deleted.

Nguyen Dat tai
October 28, 2013, 04:18 AM
Hi all,

I think, is it better to use WordPress for News.

Here my ideas

1. Selection box option and remove the title field when add listing
2. Show related listing by category on listing detail page
3. Donnt show seller info, maps, contact form on tab.
4. Login with Email

I really like this way (layout)http://mercatrucks.com/camion/547-volvo-fl7-250

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ptHcjUXGrZY/Um3lhk2ikiI/AAAAAAAAEqA/XHg6Q8AxX7Y/s1600/listing.PNG
Thanks,
Nguyen

Tomi Kallanxhi
October 29, 2013, 12:56 PM
When you realise the 5.0 version?

Steffen Buschkemper
November 1, 2013, 02:51 AM
Hello Guys,

now here my feature wishes for Flynax 5.

1. Payment process

Please implement the Pending status for payments.
The listing should, if the payment is pending for the customer in "My Listings" to be visible.
But not activated. Also, an email template for pending status, as well as a pending page after the payment should be integrated for it.
Only when the payment is done, the Listing is activated by Admin and the payment status is set manually or after listing activating automatically in the transaction table on paid status.

2. Coupon Code

I think you should implement the coupon code directly in the script, rather than as a plugin.
The plugin has a problem, for example if the customer uses a unique coupon code, but the payment was not successful, then he can not use it again.
I think that if you directly integrated coupon into the script, then it will be a quick solution for this trouble.

3. Code optimizing

For example Java and CSS minimizer/optimizer.
Integrate it directly. A plugin for this is a poor choice.
Distinguishes between live mode and developer mode.

4. SEO

An important part of Flynax 5!
There is still much to do. For examble SEO friendly urls, double content and so on...
This has been discussed many times here in the forum.
I would not go into detail there.

OK at this time it was from me.
But soon more....

Best regards
Steffen

Drazen Corak
November 2, 2013, 01:59 PM
proposal:

- category filter price field to work with multiple currencies simultaneously
- listing box plugin to have option for categories not only for listing type.
- better featured listing administration maybe admin statistic panel for featured listing.
- better private policy contract area on user registration page.
- possibility to put adsense code between ads in listing.tpl ( 5 ads and adsense again 5 ads, etc..)
- Payment option for bussines user accounts.
- grid sistem on featured ads like on new listing box plugin.

:rolleyes:

Chris Brown
November 15, 2013, 05:18 PM
Got a couple more ideas to possibly implement into v5 of flynax.

1/ Ability to add a new/own page for registration process depending on account type (basically so you can have a seperate page for dealer registrations and seperate page for private sellers registrations or depending on how many account types you have)

2/ Ability to add new/own page listing pages for adding listings (similar to above)

3/ Dealer pages - ability for dealers to customise their page slightly with maybe a banner, change text colours, change box colours etc.

Think thats it for now, sure i will come up with more :D

Kemoid Wilson
December 16, 2013, 02:33 AM
I just made a post here (http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1775-Jquery-Image-Slider&p=7894#post7894) about implementing a plugin that creates jquery image slider. Please read and let me know what you think.

Wei Hong
December 19, 2013, 03:02 AM
Also, a bidding system would be nice as well.

Juergen Richter
December 23, 2013, 01:06 AM
Feature for next version (5):
For me is interesting the "compare listings" feature, but it is only the half work, i have to choose manually the results, a customer expects more service from a listing page, they expect a result-list.
That works perfectly when you have structured input like with dropdown-, radiobuttons- or checkboxes selections.
For example: I have 3 fields with each 20 options for selecting in a checkbox, that is to much for a proactive search, so my idea is to have a "compare for fields(dropdown-fields or radio-buttons) and checkboxes against a "customer wish perfil" and show automatic only the resultlist (page), so i dont have to view many profiles and save a lot of time.
For example:
Customer wish list:
Product: Digicam
Feature: Checkboxes (16 million pixels, optical zoom, geofence, youtube-connection, lens-cleaning, touch-screen for menu, color black, etc.)
Service: Checkboxes (3 Years warranty, pickup-service at my location, substitute camera for time of repairment, etc.)
Price: Checkboxes (final sale)
etc.

Result Listings:
Listings that fit wishlist ( If not fit any listing, give a message that you must reduce wishlist features to find a result in the list

Every customer/user can have different wish-lists(for different products or services he search), you can also configure how often the system makes wishlist-compare(daily, each 3 days, weekly, each 14 days, monthly) that he get a email with the link to the result-page(list) when he has success, so he get automatic the results.

The wishlist ca be a form for each user that can be build automatic by the user and manage the system, or an email-request-form.

Result: Listings that fit wishlist ( If the system not find any listing it give a message to the user that he must reduce wishlist features to find a results.

Thank you for your support or review

Juergen

Vitalijs Rozenbergs
December 24, 2013, 02:41 PM
When the new 5 version will be ready?

Peter Jonsson
December 24, 2013, 09:27 PM
Hopefully it will be a while before it gets released. So it can be tested alot before the final release.

Steffen Buschkemper
December 24, 2013, 11:38 PM
Hello Vitalijs,

I also hope that it will be extensively tested before it is offered as a final version.
This all takes a lot of time and of course that would be ok.
It brings nothing to release an unfinished product with many errors and problems.
Furthermore, i hope that this version can also be used for the european market from the beginning.

The following things i had to add in version 4.1 / 4.2 so that it can be used for the European market:

- Prices with comma as decimal symbol (I have programmed it so that each award price format can be created for all countries)
- After successful payment, an invoice is generated as a pdf
- Email attachment, because terms.pdf specified by law by email, also invoice.pdf by payment email. ( An inquiry at Flynax gave $110 for customization. :O / Ten lines of code...? )
- The disclosures of VAT at prices
- VAT-ID verification at registration process
- Sofort AG Payment gateway as payment method for german, austrian and swiss market.

and a lot more....
In short it's all so programmed that it works for each country and its conditions. Not only US and GB market.
That should be even with version 5.

Furthermore, the current smarty and phpmail framework should be used Flynax 5.
A responsive template would also new standard and saves the extra mobile template.

Best regards
Steffen

Petrache Nicolae
December 27, 2013, 09:07 PM
what i would like to see in version 5:

1. account creation to be done in 1 step
2. add a new listing to be done in 1 step
3. images and videos to be shown in the same page, using the same lightbox
4. field "phone" added to quick register, same as email (to be checked in database if exists)
5. replace the sorting of listings with the usual dropdowns with values like lower prices or higher prices like in any script
6. do not show the Short form fields as listings sorting !!!!!!!!!!! Sort the ads by title? comme on.....if i do not want to show Title as sorter, than the title from each listing is gone........why they should be together i don't know. apply request 5. and 6 will be solved as well
7. a regular "save the search" function like in any script, meaning that user types his keywords and than he can saves that search
8. register should be done only with username and email and after that, the moment user logins he should get notify with link inviting him to fill in the data like address or contact data etc (since we already allow facebook login)
9. RESPONSIVE TEMPLATES so that the script works on most devices like smartphones, tablets, laptops etc, without any custom application like iphone or android version
10. a real working location on map, as sugested on forum, that works fine with the data addded from account and wich shows the listings properly

Morgan Bohman
December 30, 2013, 10:53 AM
OK, I've done some thinking and this is somethings I wanna include in 5.0.

1) Possibility to trace newsletters by click and openings, maybe a graph would be nice.
2) When making a listing featured, color on the ad instead of this frame around the image.
3) One page submit, this is very important 'cause now it's like over-engineered.
4) Responsive template with LESS and CSS for easy change and customizing.

//Morgan

Steffen Buschkemper
January 16, 2014, 12:36 PM
Here a little video for features i wish in Flynax 5.
This features are all also implemented in my script.
I think that this features usefull for all others. Especially for european customers.

You can see follow:
- Invoice Data -> These information are required for the invoice.pdf
- Price Format & VAT -> Formatting of the prices and information for sales tax. VAT is also taken for the invoice calculation
- Additional features in the pages and block creation
- New TinyMCE 4 Editor

VIDEOLINK (http://www.screencast.com/t/PYmNPpgMnBK6)

Also a problem of the 4.2 version is in the beginning to see.

Regards
Steffen

autocy
March 18, 2014, 09:56 AM
How about the option in admin panel to select if you want uploaded pictures listings to be saved in progressive format or baseline jpg?

PGGO
September 16, 2014, 06:02 PM
FEATURE SUGGESTION FOR Flynax v5

1. Removal of “.html” and “/” extensions:
Removal of “.html” and “forward slash” extensions from urls for security/seo improvements.

2. Use of Username and E-mail for login:
Will increases accessibility of the website. Users rather forget their username than e-mail.

3. Search results suggestion with Listings and Category levels.
Will increases accessibility of the website. Especially will helps to websites with lots of categories.

Valerie
October 7, 2014, 11:59 AM
Hello everybody,

We're read all of your requests for version 5 and think some of them are quite interesting. We'll add probably the most helpfull and requested.
Please let us know in this thread what else should be add.

Pete Young
October 13, 2014, 06:02 AM
can you add this one please http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?2129-Account-Types-Questions&p=10106#post10106

Petrache Nicolae
October 13, 2014, 07:36 AM
Hello everybody,

We're read all of your requests for version 5 and think some of them are quite interesting. We'll add probably the most helpfull and requested.
Please let us know in this thread what else should be add.

Hello Valerie,
Exactly how will you decide which one is the most requested? I am curious since each of us posted individual requests (not duplicated). After me, we should have a section in which we post the request and than any member can vote 1 time regarding this. At the end of a period you can see clearly which features are the most wanted by more than 1 user.

Here is a implementation done by a auction website http://www.voceautilizatorului.ro/forums/63179-sugestii-pentru-okazii-ro

Each registered member receives a number of credits which he can spend to support one of his idea or as many ideas as his credits he has.
After the developers look at what are the most requested features, they post a note like "Will be included" and this way use know exactly what will be done and what not.

No offense but you have to move further than "We'll add probably" which says nothing. I am telling you this because any member may consider that his feature is a must be for him, will post it and may be supported by others, he expects to be implemented just to realise after 1 year of wait (till you make a major upgrade) that the feature is not implemented. So we lost 1 year.

I never see a list of features that you are willing to implement for the next revision so we can see exactly what to expect from your script. That should be the main focus. "We, as flynax team, will introduce x,y features. For other requests, propose, vote and will let you know what will be added as well". Correct me if i am wrong with this flow. Thank you

Valerie
October 13, 2014, 08:07 AM
Hello Valerie,
Exactly how will you decide which one is the most requested? I am curious since each of us posted individual requests (not duplicated). After me, we should have a section in which we post the request and than any member can vote 1 time regarding this. At the end of a period you can see clearly which features are the most wanted by more than 1 user.
I never see a list of features that you are willing to implement for the next revision so we can see exactly what to expect from your script. That should be the main focus. "We, as flynax team, will introduce x,y features. For other requests, propose, vote and will let you know what will be added as well". Correct me if i am wrong with this flow. Thank you

Hello Petrache Nicolae,

We've read and analyzed this section of the forum, we have some notes also that came from the chat or tickets. All the information combined and most popular things were described. Unfortunately we dont have the list of features that will be integrated into 5th version for sure but we will let you know about them a bit later. Developers should discuss all the suggestions and decide what can be included in the software.

Errol
October 13, 2014, 11:05 AM
1. When a category is locked. Please remove the word "- Locked" or any other locked icon from user view. Deactivating the next button until a subcategory is chosen is perfect.

2. When a category is locked. Please remove the displayed phrase "The category is locked by the Administrator, please Click here to go back to the previous category level." and populate the sub categories in that area.

Pete Young
October 13, 2014, 12:44 PM
1. When a category is locked. Please remove the word "- Locked" or any other locked icon from user view. Deactivating the next button until a subcategory is chosen is perfect.

2. When a category is locked. Please remove the displayed phrase "The category is locked by the Administrator, please Click here to go back to the previous category level." and populate the sub categories in that area.

I likes the locked icon ? saves people trying to click or add to it and getting frustrated ? to remove the icon or words would be easy enough to do through the admin or ftp if they wanted to do that / for your number 1 or 2 options both would take a few seconds to do. Just look for the phrase in languages and edit or delete the words from that or replace the locked icon with a clear one.

Ionut Barabasa
October 14, 2014, 09:15 AM
I suggest that for every page of each category in the metadescription should be added something like Page 2 or index 2. This would avoid duplicate metadecriptions for all additional pages of one category. I notice all classifieds sites have this and also other classifieds scripts have it. Is something basic.

Pete Young
October 16, 2014, 12:57 AM
I Have some suggestions to submit to the table please.

› I would like an option in saved search settings that allows me to set a renew date similar to a listing, for example I may set it to 365 days and the user would be sent a normal reminder notice where they would need to renew the saved search or it would become inactive. * This would eliminate people wandering of into cyberspace / changing or deleting email addresses and having the system clogged up with requests that nobody is getting anymore.

+ In addition while on saved search there is a admin page that allows you to delete saved searches (where it would show the status from above / active / paused or expired), I would very much like to add the ability to add a user to that page and select the saved search option required.

› In the admin user panel when you bring up the users details it tells you the number of listing (+link) that they have, but it does not tell you the number of ads they have, number of saved searches or number of messages. These things will be handy in conjunction with the last logged in date as that will be used to purge users who have long gone but we would need to see that have no ads running or any current saved searches in place etc.

› In the admin overview panel you have stats and links, but you have some plug-ins such as your reported listings etc, where you need to dive into the pluggin to see any numbers, these pluggins should be made to feed those stats to the overview panel, so that admin can overview and administer the whole site from one central location.

› A listing field for time similar to the dates option Ex. Time = 8.35 AM or Times = 9.00 AM - 5.30 PM

all for now.

Petrache Nicolae
October 17, 2014, 07:48 AM
I would like to see in version 5 a proper image system that creates, from the uploaded image, different sizes. 100% true as set up in admin area.

Right now, the script resize the image into 2 sizes 640x480px and 190x131px - as you can see in you demo.
This is wrong because you use the 640x480px and show it in listing details page as main image but at 298x278x and the 190x131px you use it for grid/list view mode (with a actual size of 188x128px) and in image gallery thumbnails where is shown actualy as 58x58px. So in no area you use the real images.Instead you shrink them which blurs out the images and in addition, we serve bigger images that are not used, making the pages to load slower.

Look at the systems implemented in ilance, opencart, magento and other scripts and you will see that they use a original big image just for 100% view of the image in gallery and in addition they create 3-4 types of smaller images that corespond 100% to the image sizes used in areas like grid/list, main image, thumbnails image and so on.

Petrache Nicolae
October 17, 2014, 08:19 AM
Another thing that i would like to see is the same thing we see in flatty themes in search bar. More precise, show the name of each field inside the text/input boxes, text/hint that hides the moment you start typing. That would make a much cleaner page.

Valerie
October 22, 2014, 05:53 AM
Hello Petrache Nicolae,

We will think about changes in image uploader. At the moment we discuss changes for dealers photo upload and crop which might become a very useful thing.

About dimensions - you can set any sizes for your images and system will resize images to that. The problem is that users upload different images which are not necessarily have big size and quality and this may cause problems with thumbnails on the website.

Chris Brown
October 22, 2014, 07:10 AM
Just to add to this an image rotate option would be good

Petrache Nicolae
October 22, 2014, 07:33 AM
Hello Petrache Nicolae,

We will think about changes in image uploader. At the moment we discuss changes for dealers photo upload and crop which might become a very useful thing.

About dimensions - you can set any sizes for your images and system will resize images to that. The problem is that users upload different images which are not necessarily have big size and quality and this may cause problems with thumbnails on the website.

About dimensions, you missed the whole idea even if i try to explain it as best as i can. Please check yourself what system is used by the most important players in the world regarding this and will talk again after. This system is used by many years in magento and others - check http://go.magento.com/support/kb/entry/name/changing-the-size-of-catalog-images/

Or, do some math yourself. Let's say that i have set up the website to allow images of 3000x2000px (wich is around 4mb each), and i allow 10 images per listing. That will mean that for a single listing the listing details page will load 40 mb to show 10 images at 3000x2000px shrinken artificial into 298x278px (which is the main image size) when it should have 10 resized images at 298x278px wich would take less than 1 mb? Multiply those scores by 1000 ads or 10.000 ads which is quite a small number for a classifieds website and maybe you will understand now the problem. Right now your script waste huge traffic and server resources (cpu, ram, space) because this simple flow.

You complain about "users upload different images which are not necessarily have big size and quality and this may cause problems with thumbnails on the website"
Exactly how is this a problem? I doubt that any user will bother to load a image smaller than 298x278px which is the main image size. And even if that will happen, show the small image at 100%(it's original size), in the middle of the white image container. Image resize up or down must not take place because it blures out the images.

To me, a classified script should behave the same way a online show behaves because both have something important in common. A huge number of listings. So you can easy compare your script to any major ecommerce script like magento, opencart, prestashop and other to see what is used and why is used.

Ionut Barabasa
October 22, 2014, 08:10 AM
Another request
- short url for listing. www.domain.com/listingname Most of the successful classified sites have this kind of system Imagine i have 3 subcategories for one category so the listing will look like domain.com/listing-type/category/subcategory1/subcategory2/subcategory3/listing-name Surely this will not be good for SEO

Valerie
October 22, 2014, 10:45 AM
Or, do some math yourself. Let's say that i have set up the website to allow images of 3000x2000px (wich is around 4mb each), and i allow 10 images per listing. That will mean that for a single listing the listing details page will load 40 mb to show 10 images at 3000x2000px shrinken artificial into 298x278px (which is the main image size) when it should have 10 resized images at 298x278px wich would take less than 1 mb? Multiply those scores by 1000 ads or 10.000 ads which is quite a small number for a classifieds website and maybe you will understand now the problem. Right now your script waste huge traffic and server resources (cpu, ram, space) because this simple flow.

Well, actually at the moment we dont keep original images if there is no 'crop by user' function enabled. When you upload a picture the system resizes it to dimensions you've set in Admin Panel.
In version 4.4 we will be always keeping an original image cause the system needs it for watermark and dimensions changes. If the picture is too big it will be resized x2 so if the image should be 640*480 but user uploads 2000*3000 picture the system will resize it to 1280*860px.

Just to add to this an image rotate option would be good

This is actually good idea. I'll add it into the list to discuss

Petrache Nicolae
October 22, 2014, 01:31 PM
Valerie, you should not impose again limits via script limitations like you say that you will do. All that we need is to have a modern system like the ones used these days in the world and allow us the flexibility to chose any image settings combinations for main image, thumbnails, grid/list mode or 100% view in gallery mode. Some may be interested in small images, others may want to have images as big as possible to display the details of the articles. If you are willing to lose this faulty system that we have now, please make it properly, without any limitations. Thanks

If user decide (and website is set up like this) to upload a 10mb image, let it do so, keep it as original and from that source image, have the script generating smaller versions coresponding to the settings that we specify in admin area for each area where image will be use. That huge image should be called only if the user request it via 100% in image gallery, if not, serve the smaller versions to reduce space, ram and cpu of server

Petrache Nicolae
October 22, 2014, 08:17 PM
One of the major issues that flynax script has is the search function which is unreliable after several years. I have quite a long ticket regarding the bugs that the search has, dating from version 3, and now, when we are at 4.3 and days away from a new version, the most important feature of any classified script (the search) is still a joke. And i doubt that in these years i am the only one who has reported the bugs from the search. I may be lock out of the forum (again) but i can't resist to ask flynax developers in which script/website they have see the search function performing so poor.

That is a simple test to demonstrate. I am combining 1 complete word with the first letter of another word and your script proudly produces 1 valid result. Our competition will smile to such mistake and our users would think that we are some morons who want to spend their time for nothing...

Flynax team, please put on hold any projects that you may have, gather all developers and make a normal search that generates only the proper results depending on the 3 options that you offer. This is the top priority which shoulded been fixed years ago.

another example - so that you do not say that is a singular case

i searched for "udd" and again the search fails by showing a listing. It fails because it has extracted "udd" from a complete word "buddha". I assume that the script makes new rules by creating a word from a real word since the search option is "any words in any order"

Play a little with the search option and you will see how "reliable" is this major feature.

Now remains to see if flynax will shut me down, will ignore what i demonstrated or will actually solve the issues.

Valerie
October 23, 2014, 06:01 AM
If user decide (and website is set up like this) to upload a 10mb image, let it do so, keep it as original and from that source image, have the script generating smaller versions coresponding to the settings that we specify in admin area for each area where image will be use. That huge image should be called only if the user request it via 100% in image gallery, if not, serve the smaller versions to reduce space, ram and cpu of server
This is what should be in the new version. It will be keeping an original image to create different dimensions, watermarks and etc.
For now with enabled 'Cropping by users' when someone uploads the image 2000*3000 it will be croped to 1280*853 and from 5Mb it resizes to 905kb.

One of the major issues that flynax script has is the search function which is unreliable after several years.
I agree with this, search works not as user expects it. We should fix it.

Ionut Barabasa
October 23, 2014, 06:30 AM
Hello Petrache.

I subscribe to what you said about the search option. Is 100 true.I remembered i wrote about this some time ago but was not fixed

Petrache Nicolae
October 23, 2014, 06:40 AM
I agree with this, search works not as user expects it. We should fix it.

Hello Valerie. Since we are at this vital function, maybe you will manage to push it further like other classifieds scripts have done to improve the search like you see in the image
As you can see, a user should be able to search without filters or customize directly his search with Category, Location (state/city is done by olx for instance) and can be pushed even further by Radius distance. We have all the functions needed but they are not joined directly into 1 complete function. This customized search can work perfect to any type of template by allowing us to select a specific type of field that should be used and show in the customized search bar - for instance Breed for pets, Body for autos and so on. Allow us the ability to designate 1 type of field to be used as a search filter in the search bar beside the standard Category and location. Location should be taken from database that the user has or the multifields values if he created the database like this.

Valerie
October 23, 2014, 08:13 AM
This can be done but I'm sorry it wont be added into the next version anyways. Might be we will add a template with this kind of search in a line later

Petrache Nicolae
October 23, 2014, 08:27 AM
This can be done but I'm sorry it wont be added into the next version anyways. Might be we will add a template with this kind of search in a line later

No problem. We are used to get good features months or years after the rest of the world.

Petrache Nicolae
October 24, 2014, 06:47 AM
Hello Petrache Nicolae,

We've read and analyzed this section of the forum, we have some notes also that came from the chat or tickets. All the information combined and most popular things were described. Unfortunately we dont have the list of features that will be integrated into 5th version for sure but we will let you know about them a bit later. Developers should discuss all the suggestions and decide what can be included in the software.

We would like to know what changes will bring 4.4 (since this appears to show and not 5).
John promised them but forgot

John Freeman @v1rustyle

Wei Hong
October 24, 2014, 03:42 PM
Hi,
How about direction to the location listed in the listing? I think it is very useful.

Valerie
October 27, 2014, 03:53 AM
We would like to know what changes will bring 4.4 (since this appears to show and not 5).

I've asked developers about list of changes for version 4.4 and they said it might be ready in a month.

Hi,
How about direction to the location listed in the listing? I think it is very useful.
Hello,
Can you please be more specific?

Chris Brown
October 27, 2014, 08:45 AM
Hello,
Can you please be more specific?

I would think he means adding the directions option to google maps. So user can get directions from their location to listing location.

I think that is what is meant :S

Wei Hong
October 27, 2014, 09:05 AM
I would think he means adding the directions option to google maps. So user can get directions from their location to listing location.

I think that is what is meant :S

Thank you for clarify my thought. Yes, I would like to have the option "direction to here" in the map section/tab, where user can then input the address of "from," which is their address or the place they would like to go from. The address of "to" is pre-filled with the address of the listing. Then click on the button direction and it will show the way there. This option is on maps.google.com.

Petrache Nicolae
October 27, 2014, 09:47 AM
Thank you for clarify my thought. Yes, I would like to have the option "direction to here" in the map section/tab, where user can then input the address of "from," which is their address or the place they would like to go from. The address of "to" is pre-filled with the address of the listing. Then click on the button direction and it will show the way there. This option is on maps.google.com.

that option is integrated in the latest version of google maps which as usual we don't have it in flynax

Valerie
October 28, 2014, 05:32 AM
I agree with you. This is very useful thing and as I know we were creating this for some customer.
I'll talk to developers and ask to integrate it in a new version or add as a plugin.

Wei Hong
October 28, 2014, 06:04 AM
I agree with you. This is very useful thing and as I know we were creating this for some customer.
I'll talk to developers and ask to integrate it in a new version or add as a plugin.
THat's a good news, thank you for considering

Valerie
October 29, 2014, 04:31 AM
I've talked to developers and they agree to add this option into our system/plugin so you'll see it soon.

Wei Hong
October 29, 2014, 06:10 AM
I've talked to developers and they agree to add this option into our system/plugin so you'll see it soon.
Excellent,
Thank you Valerie for being a great messenger

Valerie
October 30, 2014, 04:20 AM
You're welcome.

MM
December 14, 2014, 03:10 PM
When the V5 will be available?

This is what I think will be very nice to have:
- A better text editor able to gives the H attributes to the articles and posts? (most likely as WP editor)
- A affiliate program plug in. (just like the one in the Flynax site)

Merry Christmas to all of you!!

Valerie
December 15, 2014, 05:57 AM
When the V5 will be available?

This is what I think will be very nice to have:
- A better text editor able to gives the H attributes to the articles and posts? (most likely as WP editor)
- A affiliate program plug in. (just like the one in the Flynax site)

Merry Christmas to all of you!!

Hello,
The version might be available next year, probably autumn or earlier, we are not sure yet.
We are not planning to add the affiliate programm into the version but will definitely think about the editor.

Thanks and Merry Christmass you too!

MM
December 15, 2014, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your prompt respond.

Valerie
February 20, 2015, 10:10 AM
Hi guys!

As we promised Flynax 4.4 major features and improvements

- Improved search for language phrases in admin panel;
- Search for ads on Seller page;
- Search for ads on My Listings page;
- A new logic in the real estate script + a number of new features;
- An improved messaging module in front end;
- Ability to set proportions between measurement units in Data Entries;
- Search for plugins in admin panel;
- Updated Cron Jobs;
- Bulk actions in Data Entries;
- Listing types on subdomains: auto.yoursite.com/…;
- Ability to hide listing types in URLs; yoursite.com/audi/…;
- Title and meta data builder for Seller page;
- H1 tag for pages and categories etc;
- A new password storing system;
- Ability to sign in using an email or username;
- Post an Ad page based on a listing type;
- Rates for the escort script;
- Ability to upload pictures from URL.

Ionut Barabasa
February 20, 2015, 02:10 PM
And how about a new search logic? All searches return wrong search results. This was discussed in another topic.
Why only hide listing type in url? For the add page why not hide category also? All classifieds sites have very short URLs for the ads for example www.domain.com/title-324.html Already your script has a number in the link why need to have the categories names also?

Veronika Nikolaeva
February 21, 2015, 01:08 PM
When Flynax 4.4 will be released? (it not appear on my control panel and I have the FullFly Package).
PS: Flynax 5 was to be released in the first months of 2014 and we are at the end of February 2015! Mah ...

Wei Hong
February 21, 2015, 04:01 PM

Hi Valerie, what about the direction to here plugin that you promised back in October? I'm still waiting for it. I heard that Dmitry was working on it back in Oct 2014.

benyezza
February 22, 2015, 09:56 AM
When Flynax 4.4 will be released?

Spencer Culpin
February 22, 2015, 02:56 PM
"Why only hide listing type in url? For the add page why not hide category also? All classifieds sites have very short URLs for the ads for example www.domain.com/title-324.html Already your script has a number in the link why need to have the categories names also?"

The above options will be a great help for SEO too.

Serhii Kutserei
February 26, 2015, 04:54 PM
Is there any news on upcoming Flynax 5?

Spencer Culpin
March 6, 2015, 12:36 PM
Any update on the 4.4 release date? I would like to use the "Ability to hide listing types in URLs" on my new site. Thanks

benyezza
March 7, 2015, 01:59 AM
same request !!

Pete Young
March 7, 2015, 11:15 PM
If it has not been mentioned the ability to show the IP address on account details page, having people register using quick register and spamming withfake names and eails and without the IP address it makes it hard to add them to the spam list, and they can just keep re offending.

/ we aslo need to be able to edit and or delete from that spam list.

Pete Young
March 14, 2015, 01:52 AM
If not mentioned the listing plan / upgrade to featured should also include the options for cross listing, images and videos as there is no way to include these as part of the upgrade, also the option to upgrade should also be shown when adding the listing / part of that process.

Example, I select to add a listing and when I select that option I have at the top of the page is "do you want to upgrade to a featued listing and get xyz" if they choose not to thats fine it would still show in the my listing as an option to upgrade at a later date.

Valerie
April 2, 2015, 09:41 AM
I apologize for such a long delay with any news/answers.
The approximate release date of v4.4 is the very end of a May.

Hi Valerie, what about the direction to here plugin that you promised back in October? I'm still waiting for it. I heard that Dmitry was working on it back in Oct 2014.
Hello, I think it will be released together with the 4.4 version. Also developers are working on new realty flatty template.

"Why only hide listing type in url? For the add page why not hide category also? All classifieds sites have very short URLs for the ads for example www.domain.com/title-324.html Already your script has a number in the link why need to have the categories names also?"

The above options will be a great help for SEO too.
This is very good idea. We should think about that. I will tell developers about this feature to discuss.

Wei Hong
April 3, 2015, 03:05 AM
Hello, I think it will be released together with the 4.4 version. Also developers are working on new realty flatty template.

Great, i'm looking forward to it. Thank you for keeping us posted

Spencer Culpin
May 29, 2015, 12:32 PM
Hi,

Any update on the new release? I would like to use the new realty flatty template for my site, any update?

Many thanks,
Spencer

Ionut Barabasa
June 1, 2015, 05:20 AM
Hello

Is 1 June. This days comes after last day of may. As you stated end of may will be the release time for 4.4 version. :) If you changed the date maybe is ok to let us know so we wont wait in vain

David
June 1, 2015, 06:07 AM
Hello Guys,

We apologize for the delay. We could have released 4.4 on Friday but we decided to take some time to better test and debug the script. We're rolling out Flynax 4.4 on Tuesday.

Spencer Culpin
June 1, 2015, 11:58 AM
Great news :-)

Wei Hong
June 2, 2015, 10:11 AM
Tuesday already. Cant wait

Wei Hong
June 3, 2015, 02:20 AM
I apologize for such a long delay with any news/answers.
The approximate release date of v4.4 is the very end of a May.

This is very good idea. We should think about that. I will tell developers about this feature to discuss.

Hi Valerie, I checked the list and there is no direction to here feature that you promised. Is it left out?

Brian Jester
March 9, 2021, 03:01 PM
Just curious...Does anyone know if the next version will be 5.0? It would be nice to know if Flynax has been keeping tabs on the requests made by many on the forum. I know I am still learning quite a bit, but it would be nice to see a major upgrade release coming with new features etc..

Rudi
March 9, 2021, 05:50 PM
Sorry to inform you, but it won't be released for the next few updates

Joe Can
March 10, 2021, 12:39 AM
One bad thing about upgrades/updates is that it wipes out code modifications.

It appears you made quite a few?