PDA

View Full Version : Flynax support & marketing : sharing mods?

Fulvio Di stefano
October 9, 2013, 08:41 AM
Let's say I'm a bit upset about how some things works with support.

I paid my license then I paid around twice the license for modifications, I have nothing to complain about that.

What I think its not normal is to pay features that everyone must benefit.

Some examples ?
- The Software is multilingual, everything is multilingual except the url field !!!! WTF !!!??? Why ??
If I call a page in english "car" in french i dont want a url who contains "car" but "voiture". Now they ask me to pay 80$

- you are in "my packages" page, you click on "purchase a new package" you arrive on the page with all the packages. The first one is automatically selected.
If you noticed the payment methods below the plans are hidden!!! You have to click on another plan, then come back to this one to be able to pay! Flynax told me "its not a but its the way our system work!"

- adding payment agreements before choosing a payment method need to be paid too, when probably a lot of users need it

- the website is multilingual ? why the phone format not ? the american way to show phone numbers +1 444-222 , european dont have "-" . I dont want the "-" ? I have to pay

So you pay your license then a lot of things that should be integrated must be paid ! Ok I pay but why the other users can't benefit from what i think should be intedrated options ? I undertand that specifi customizations need to be paid, but other ones like the ones i mentionned (and many others) need to be paid!!

Now I paid so much that for the first and last point of the list above I'm wondering what to do! I'm going to ask there in the forum and maybe have a solution in 3 month..or never?

Maybe the best solution should be to share the customization we made ??
Is just that this marketing approach i really weird. I pay a software , I ask for customizations, i say to my client the final price then I realize that I have to spend 500$ more in little things like this that you cant see since the begining....

Except that, support is kind and made some efforts, but I want to know if i'm the only one to have this feeling and what is your opinion !

MM
October 9, 2013, 09:23 PM
Damn!! Fulvio you write like an Italian!
-Unfortunately you are right! I feel the same way, but there is nothing you can do about it. As they say in the US, love it or leave it!
Beside the licence, I've paid about 3 times more on custom works. But it's ok nothing isn't even comparable to flynax flexibility, surely 80$ here and 150 there and 220 there etc, etc, makes your site expensive but unique.
Interesting point is the multilingual system as you say, like the mass mailer, multilingual site with only one language to choose for mailing? but if you pay 80 buck they'll make it for you in few days.
There are a lots of thinks that they need to fix, but to me they don't even care, they are so unique with no competitors.
Understandable if you build the site for a client that you have to keep asking more money makes you look bad.
By the way you have a PM, please check it out.
Ciao.

Fulvio Di stefano
October 9, 2013, 10:45 PM
;) I'm italian in fact ;) You're right I choosed flynax because even paying 3 times the license they have probably one of the best software. But at the beginning you dont know that you are going to pay 40 here and 120 there and at the end in fact you pay 3-4 times your license, so if you didnt charge enough your client its a bit frustrating.

But the main point is not to pay more for customizations I think its normal, but I dont think it's correct to sell things that you already know a lot of people will ask you. Its like buying a car and then you realize that you have to pay to be able to pull down the window. Sure they will tell you "You know, not everybody want to pull down the window....

So my frustration is more on those essential aspects... because when you buy It the first time you cant analyse all the little aspects.
Anyway its a good system and i'll continue to resell it but I think that an effort could be done in this way

I prefer to pay more the license and have less surprises

John
October 10, 2013, 09:07 AM
Hello Fulvio,
Thanks MM, I support your opinion.

Fulvio, if you posted this thread, probably something is wrong with our support and let's try to sort it
our together. I will reply your comments one by one, please reply me back if need:

- The Software is multilingual, everything is multilingual except the url field !!!! WTF !!!??? Why ??
If I call a page in english "car" in french i dont want a url who contains "car" but "voiture". Now they ask me to pay 80$

BTW, didn't see that "wtf" helped someone... anyway we think that our script can be called multilingual even
it hasn't the option you described. After google panda has been released I think this option can be more
harmful then helpful due to duplicate content rule.
We quoted you 80 USD because this modification will take time to do.

- you are in "my packages" page, you click on "purchase a new package" you arrive on the page with all the packages. The first one is automatically selected.
If you noticed the payment methods below the plans are hidden!!! You have to click on another plan, then come back to this one to be able to pay! Flynax told me "its not a but its the way our system work!"
Sounds like misunderstanding between you and our support, I agreed that this issue is bug and we would
gladly fix it for you and in the system, sure thing for free. Please get back to the person who charged you and show this thread.

- adding payment agreements before choosing a payment method need to be paid too, when probably a lot of users need it

Probably yes but you'd better post new feature request on the forum instead of complying about it here.

- the website is multilingual ? why the phone format not ? the american way to show phone numbers +1 444-222 , european dont have "-" . I dont want the "-" ? I have to pay

I can't believe that someone quoted you to remove this dash sign from phone number,
PM me your ftp details and I will remove it for you for free :)

Summarize my reply I want to say that we are trying to make our software and support perfect but it is not so easy as you imagine.
Also sometimes our staff may quote you or even overquote you for some points which may be done under support license but please
take into account the human factor and just double check the point twice.

John

Steffen Buschkemper
October 12, 2013, 03:48 AM
Hi John and Fulvio Di stefano,

I also have something to say from my point of view.

Especially in terms of multilanguage there is a shortage in this script.
Of course it is difficult to understand for an american or Britons and indicating that internationally sold riesene software should include conditions of a country.

This is not just the language or date format - also price format, even tax bills and so on. All this is important for some countries to successfully run a business.

On the Flynax website following is written:

How can I benefit from Flynax?
When you start an online classifieds business it is very important that you have an effective and reliable instrument for running a successful classifieds site. Flynax Company offers you the very instrument. With professionally developed, seo-friendly and easy-to-use Flynax Classifieds Scripts you will be able to launch a trading/selling/renting platform for buyers and sellers and start generating income online by selling plans and services to your users.

and that is where some buyers include me have a problem!
I have made here in the forum attentive for bugs and tried to help where i can, but there was rarely a resonance from Flynax team.
This is not ok.

Is this how i can benefit from Flynax?

The script is at this time at best a foundation on which to build a business if you have some programming skills or you are doomed to pay for some bugs or simply fail programmed functions.
I want this bugs not now list again - I have written here in the forum in some threads.
That has to pay for special requests (customization), is ok. But for bugs or fail programmed functions?

I think that the Flynax Team should think about it, whether you should give a little more attention to the customer and not stand and simply ignore problems.

I still think that your script is a good and modular system, if the bugs are fixed for all.
It should be also said in spite of problems. It is simply up to you to make it better.

Best regards
Steffen

John
October 12, 2013, 10:52 AM
Hello Steffen,
I want to start my reply from comment to your sentence:

I have made here in the forum attentive for bugs and tried to help where i can, but there was rarely a resonance from Flynax team.
This is not ok.
Thank you for your help on the forum, we are very appreciate it! But what did you mean by "resonance from Flynax team"?
Could you explain in detail?

Also looking to this thread someone can think that we charge customer for the bug fixing which is not true
and I don't understand why you said that... Yes we quote for customer for modifications or other work which
takes us much time but NEVER FOR BUG FIXING.

Feel free to post here link to the threads where we are charging someone for bug fixing.

John

Chris Brown
October 12, 2013, 11:20 AM
Me personally have never been charged for bug fixing. Theres been a few but they have always been fixed pretty quick when using the support ticket system without charge.

Steffen Buschkemper
October 12, 2013, 04:50 PM
Hello John,

But what did you mean by "resonance from Flynax team"?
Could you explain in detail?

It's very simple. Help also means that if we discover problems and raises questions that are not answered in large part by Flynax team.
This is that what i mean with resonance.
I have the feeling that this is partially usually simply ignored.

For example, the problem with Google amenities or the trash trouble.
Why does this not work? This question has already been asked here.
A response or solution had not until today.

Or in relation to payment "pending" status. Pending Status is not necessarily a failed payment.
It should a link created as pending status with pending message and not the canceled link.
Also, this should be considered in the transaction table, where you want this payment also recorded later manually as paid.
This is not a customization. It is an important and simply forgotten part of payment script.
Also, since no statement or response.

Our open bug thread here in this forum, where many questions are enumerated because of bugs.
Some things we could solve itself and some not.
It was replied to 1 problem, the rest is simply ignored.

A little more help from flynax team would be also a good resonance when user make the effort to solve problems for everyone in the forum itself.

Yes we quote for customer for modifications or other work which takes us much time but NEVER FOR BUG FIXING.

Well, then explained to me once, why is demanded money on the following problem and I see this as a bug in your script.

I will quote user Pete Young

If a customer renew a listing, then it must turned again and goes back to the top.
Everything else makes no sense! The customer must pay for that!
Would you pay as a customer for something that makes no sense? ;) I think not...

Solution: Not found. (It is a bug. Why you will make a bug to a custom feature for a low worthwhile cost?)

====Unsolved====

//Steffen

I do not understand why exactly this bug from flynax team is considered as customization?
Puts you in the position as a paying customer who places an listing that wants to renew after expiration with your script.

You as customer must pay for renew!
This also includes that the date of the listing is updated and bringing back to the top.
How would you react as a paying customer if, after paying to renew the listing, this is not placed up again?

Why then renew an listing? Why this function in your script?
We as a user of your script, have at the end a problem with our customers.
In Germany and i think also in other countries, a legal problem.

I have looked at show me some listing scripts, where renew is handled as renew.
You pay and the listing is restored and treated as a new created listing back to top.
So it should be and everything else makes absolutely no sense and upset customers.

I do not think i am the only one with this opinion.
I think the Flynax Team should put together again and think realistically about this problem and all then offer a solution here in the forum for all and this for free.

Best regards
Steffen

John
November 7, 2013, 12:15 PM
Hello Guys,
To be honest I have got off the point of this thread. Let's summarize it!
As you know we have released the 4.2 version which contains fixes for the bugs reported in this thread,
please check the changelog (http://www.flynax.com/version-changelog.html#Update-4.2.0) to find out it and feel free to apply the patch.

John