PDA

View Full Version : Template CSS Edits for Auito Main Blue template

Noel Bautista
September 21, 2013, 04:49 AM
I love the new Auto Main Blue template for my auto classifieds site (tsikot.com). It is clean and I love the slider featuring the featured ads.

However, I need help in editing the templates to make it fit the banners that I used to have using my old customized template.

1. How can we widen the width from its current 960 to about 1020 so that a 728 x 90 banner can fit inside the header beside the logo. I find the search box in the header redundant since there are search boxed that can be put in certain blocks per page. Additionally, what will be the template edits (i presume the header.tpl) and css edits needed (request some guidance here) to insert the 728 x 90 banner in the header? This is illustrated in the first attachment below.

2. Likewise, since we will be widening the site, how can I increase the width of the main / center column of the home page to accommodate another 728x90 banner and also a fifth thumbnail / listing. As it is now, there is a gaping space between the last listing thumbnail and the right border of the center page. Adding one or two latest listings will just be carried over to the next row. I think it is needing more space. Please see below.

3. Third, in the ad listing view, how can I widen the central column so that a 728 x 90 banner or adsense adlinks (728 x 15) can be isnerted a s a block without sticking out of the right border? Please see third attachment.

I am not really adept in CSS files and templates here at flynax and every suggestion or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Chris Brown
September 21, 2013, 11:11 AM
Think you would need to find in common css file

div#header > div.inner - and change the width perameter to 1020, this widens the header to match the content bit

div#main_container,
div#main_container_home - and change the width perameter to 1020

That should widen the central column as the sidebar columns sizes havnt changed, have noticedsome tweaks to image in image slider may need changing aswell

Noel Bautista
September 23, 2013, 12:29 AM
Thanks Chris!

Any advice or idea how to go in inserting the 728x90 banner in the header in lieu of the search box?

Any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Noel

Think you would need to find in common css file

div#header > div.inner - and change the width perameter to 1020, this widens the header to match the content bit

div#main_container,
div#main_container_home - and change the width perameter to 1020

That should widen the central column as the sidebar columns sizes havnt changed, have noticedsome tweaks to image in image slider may need changing aswell