PDA

View Full Version : News Letter

Kemoid Wilson
August 22, 2013, 04:49 AM
Would it be possible to create a plugin for users to subscribe to an individual seller's news letter? So that the seller could email them when any promotion is going on. How it would work is that when a user see a seller he wants to receive updates from he would subscribe to their news letter. The seller intern wouldn't be able to see the email addresses of who is subscribe to them, all that should be visible is the total number of subscribers and their names. Also a link would be created in the user's account for example saying "Manage Subscription" when clicked the user can see who he is subscribe to and can unsubscribe if needs be.

Chris Brown
August 22, 2013, 05:58 AM
Hmmm I kinda like that idea.

Kemoid Wilson
August 22, 2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks Chris

That's 1 vote. What does the flynax team think?

Mike
August 24, 2013, 08:27 AM
I like that idea too )

But similar things can be done on facebook or twitter, i agree that its' more convenient to have built-in feature,
but i don't think it's good to have only emails sending.. maybe better something like blog for sellers with ability to subscribe ?

so im my mind i transformed this to blog(wordpress:) bridge integration plugin ))

Chris Brown
August 24, 2013, 10:22 AM
I suppose if users sending mails the mails would be sent through our domains, so I suppose a lot of spam could possibly be sent. Which is not good.

I like the idea of users being able to blog, would be good for news and stuff, then all recent users blogs display together on a page like the news page. With maybe a list of bloggers to see in which you can subscribe.

I like the idea of the Wordpress integration as well :)

Kemoid Wilson
August 24, 2013, 04:20 PM
I suppose if users sending mails the mails would be sent through our domains, so I suppose a lot of spam could possibly be sent. Which is not good.

Remember that only a selected account type would have the option for user's to subscribe for their news letter, accounts which would be approved by the administrator if needed and user's would have the ability to unsubscribe if they are getting too much spam email.

I also like your idea Mike.

Chris Brown
August 24, 2013, 04:25 PM
Remember that only a selected account type would have the option for user's to subscribe for their news letter, accounts which would be approved by the administrator if needed and user's would have the ability to unsubscribe if they are getting too much spam email.

I also like your idea Mike.

I suppose it could be made that admin have to approve email before its sent

Geoffrey Doohan
August 25, 2013, 03:55 AM
I like that idea too )
so im my mind i transformed this to blog(wordpress:) bridge integration plugin ))

is there a wordpress bridge?? couldnt see it anywhere??

Kemoid Wilson
October 8, 2013, 11:55 PM
I like that idea too )

But similar things can be done on facebook or twitter, i agree that its' more convenient to have built-in feature,
but i don't think it's good to have only emails sending.. maybe better something like blog for sellers with ability to subscribe ?

Hello Mike,

Can you please explain this a little bit more?