PDA

View Full Version : IP Banning Plug-In for Flynax Urgently Needed!

ega
September 17, 2010, 07:24 PM
Hi, I requested sometime ago that Flynax provide an IP banning plug-in that can ban entire ranges of IP's to include entire countries. Recently our Flynax site has recieved 5-6 new spam accounts each day, mostly from India. We have even had people spamm drugs for sale and we have no way to stop it unless every ad is put on approval. The spamming situation from India is getting worse each day. Flynax users definitely need some way to prevent abuse by logging and blocking the originating IP's. A number of other Flynax owners have also a long time ago requested this solution and I did the same over six months ago. We need Flynax to be made secure against spam. It is a serious and time-consuming problem. Please let us have more security for Flynax.

Daniel
September 24, 2010, 12:16 PM
Yes, this feature is urgently needed as it is very very important. I have purchased this software nearly a year now but until now my sites are not up yet and one of the reasons is being unable to record member's IP address when they signed up and added listing.

Hi portugalclassified,

Have you tried blocking IP of the spammers through .htaccess?

order allow,deny
deny from 8.17.170.208
deny from 12.4.20.250
deny from 12.37.198.176
deny from 12.53.57.162
deny from 12.91.166.6
deny from 12.110.213.74
deny from 12.159.206.166
deny from 12.175.61.213
deny from 12.178.36.25
allow from all

ega
September 25, 2010, 01:32 PM
This is a long winded and ineffective way to do this, even so, we are doing it now. We have started to get a lot of spammers using our free ads and it is not easy to know the IP of who placed the ad, almost impossible, so we can only ban the originating country, but even that doesn't work. The spam ads still get through. For example we have banned Pakistan in our .htaccess because of corporate IP's in Faisalabad, yet these guys still manage to place ads because we cannot id them. Flynax please we need this. It will give the softare you make a much higher level of security and this is exactly what a lot of buyers are looking for in Classifieds Script purchases. Flynax is great, it's versatile and has lots of features, but in view of the rising level of spam, more site security is certainly required.

Mohammed Al-sabah
April 18, 2012, 10:10 AM
I would like to have this feature as well, was it implemented or not yet ? since this is an old post :)

Petrache Nicolae
April 22, 2012, 07:08 PM
this is a very important function in any ad script and this should be implemented as soon as posible.