PDA

View Full Version : Registration Profile page questions

QuickRon
July 13, 2013, 05:00 PM
Hi.
The first page shown for the Registration process is the Profile page.
How can I edit that page? I'd like to add some instructional text for the Account Type dropdown.

Also, there is a checkbox for "Publish users' emails".
What exactly does this do if the user checks this option?

Thank you!
Ron

Chris Brown
July 13, 2013, 05:53 PM
For reg process this may help abit, might not be exactly what you are looking for

In admin / account types / edit then in the description box you can type stuff which shows as the tooltip on reg page when account selected.

For emails
I would think publish users emails will decide wether or not heir emal address shows on the listing page seller info tab

QuickRon
July 13, 2013, 06:29 PM
Okay. I figured it out.

I entered text into the Description field for the Account Types, but it's not very intuitive. In order for a user to see the text (ie. description of Account Type), they have to first select an Account Type from the list and then click on the question mark that appears to the right.

I think it would be more helpful for users if we can add a short paragraph or list, above the Account Type dropdown, describing each account and making it easier for users to know which account type to select.

Anyone else know how I can edit the Profile page?

Chris Brown
July 13, 2013, 07:59 PM
You would probably need to code in a language phrase in registration.tpl i would think.

Maybe you could add a content block in side bar or above which you can do in admin panel

Chris Brown
July 13, 2013, 08:09 PM
You may be able to do something like this, in registration.tpl .....but only try if you are confident and remember to save file before changes incase it doesnt work. I havnt tested but may work

Find

<tr>
<td class="name"></td>
<td class="field"><label><input value="1" type="checkbox" {if isset($smarty.post.profile.display_email)}checked="checked"{/if} name="profile[display_email]" /> {$lang.display_email}</label></td>
</tr>

After add

<tr>
<td class="name">{$lang.account_info_title}:</td>
<td class="name">{$lang.account_info}:</td>
</tr>

Then add the phrases in admin/languages

Phrases:
account_info_title
account_info

As i said i havnt tested so cant be sure, someone maybe able to confirm if his would work

QuickRon
July 14, 2013, 02:58 AM
Thanks Chris!
I'll see how that works.
I'm also going to try adding a custom box in the sidebar on the registration page. That may work nicely.

Chris Brown
July 14, 2013, 09:47 AM
hope it works, let us know how you get on or what option you choose

Kenton Mcleod
July 18, 2013, 12:32 AM
What's the easiest way of removing "Publish users' emails" from the rego page?
I never want them shown.