PDA

View Full Version : Expire listings when Listing Package expires

QuickRon
July 12, 2013, 02:55 PM
Flynax's 2 biggest competitors offer the ability to force all listings within a "subscription plan" (ie. Listing Package) to expire when the Listing Package expires.

Why is this important and valuable? Because it's an incentive for users to renew their Listing Package so that their listings will continue to be active. I've used this option on all my sites and it works without fail!!

The option to expire listings when package expires would be available in the admin when creating a Listing Package plan. It would be on a per-Package basis, not an ALL or NOTHING.

Anyone else interested in this feature?
If so, please voice it in this thread and maybe Flynax can get it done. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks!
Ron

Jonathan Miller
August 14, 2013, 04:22 PM
great feature but it wouldn't work because the paypal subscription unfortunately isn't based on the plan as advertised... Instead, it's based on the listing like the regular paypal is.. really dumb because it defeats the purpose of having listing plans

QuickRon
August 14, 2013, 05:41 PM
Hi Jonathan.
I actually do this on another site of mine and it works great. It's a HUGE incentive to get the package owner to renew their listing package. And it almost always works because the listings expire at the same time, forcing the user to renew their package. When they renew the package, all the current listings expiration dates update at the same time.

I'm not sure what you mean that it wouldn't work because of the Paypal subscription, unless you're referring to having them set up as recurring payments. In that case, then it's possible that it may not work. But, I typically don't set up recurring payments.

In my case, I offer yearly listing packages (ie. subscriptions) and the individual listings run for a term of 6 months (180 days) ... so that's why I need to expire the listings at the same time that the package expires. Otherwise, a user can place a listing one month before the package expires, and then the listing will continue to run for another 5 months. So, that wouldn't work.

As I mentioned above, the 2 top competitors to Flynax offer this feature to expire listings when the package expires, so it is a desirable feature when you have listing packages that run for a lengthier term.

Flynax informed me that this can be done as a paid customization, which I definitely plan to do. If more members request this feature, maybe Flynax will consider offering it in a future release.