PDA

View Full Version : Free package

Kemoid Wilson
July 1, 2013, 02:17 PM
Most of my request have been ignored but I really hope someone will help with this. I would like if I could limit the number of free packages a user has. For instance when you use the default free package you can continue to use it over and over again so if the free user wants they can have over 50 listings if they want and I would very much like to change this. What I have in mind is to make it that the free user can only have a certain amount of listing visible each time for the free package, lets say as long as they are registered on my website they can only have three listings visible and the only way they can add a new one is if the previous one is deleted or it has passed the time limit.

Please post if you can help this is important as I need the free users to boost advertising.
Thank You

Pete Young
July 1, 2013, 02:49 PM
Hello Kemoid, this has been explored in some ways where we looked at the total number of free listings at any one time and there is a link to it here > http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthread.php?1100-limit-the-number-of-free-ads-at-any-one-time but what i ended up doing was limiting the number of times the free package could be used ( within a certain time frame / in may case 1 year ) i set this to 52 giving the person an average of one free ad a week, or as many as they wanted but tif they expired or were used up they need to revert to paid plans for the remainder of the year.

For me and what i wanted this just worked out a little easier and all i need to do is suspend one year and add a new one each start of year so it is simple to implement.

Kemoid Wilson
July 1, 2013, 04:36 PM
This is a great idea and I posted in your forum but unfortunately I am not very technical and I can't really understand the instructions. If you want and you have time I can send you my ftp login and you change the file for me or you can post the instructions a little bit clearer. This would be a big help