PDA

View Full Version : Important Features Request & Suggestions

Anthony Okafor
August 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
This script is a fantastic and a versatile script. Here are just a few suggestions that might enhance the already great script:

Fields:

1- When adding a new field after all categories have been built, one should be able to multi-select the new field to desired categories at once. At the moment one has to open each category manually to append the new field to it. This is very time consuming when one has hundreds of categories and subcategories on the script.

2- When adding a new field group, one should be able to append the new field group to categories by a multi-select to desired categories.

3- It's very important to add a feature to allow the creation of depending fields for example:

New field is let's say is called 'City' and field items are 'London, New York, Paris' if the user selects London, the depending field would display 'London 1, London 2. London 3'. The same for if the user selects Paris as city, a depending field should offer for selection: 'Paris 1, 'Paris 2. 'Paris 3'.

(depending fields are very useful for multiple choice fields)

4- When adding a drop-down list, one should be able to paste a list of field items, not have to add an item at a time. Very time consuming of for example a Cities, towns or models list is to be added.

Categories:

1- A feature that would allow admin to choose (if needed) to make a main category (if edited after subcategories have been created) to force all its subcategories to inherit its own fields and field groups. Would be the same as the fields multi select category choice as above (whichever method is easier for editing on your code).

2- A feature that would allow the multi-selection of certain categories to delete them or deactivate or lock them. (mainly useful if one needs to delete many categories at once).

Payment Gateways:

It would be fantastic if a 'Manual Payment' gateway could be created, whereby advertisers are able to pay for the listing offline for example at the bank or at an office to get their listing activated. This option would add the option to pay offline as well the online payment gateways.

User IP log/ Block

An invaluable tool to enhance the administration task.

Google Sitemap:

Would be great if the script could generate a sitemap with the ability to select which content to be generated on the sitemap for example: pages, listings etc.

Database

A database backup feature from CP to generate a backup dump file to compliment the current import feature. Great for those that are not that good at phpMyAdmin or do not even know where it is :)

User Manual

The script would Undoubtedly save the Flynax team 75% of questions posted on the forum or I am sure on the live chat support system if the manual was better written. The manual should explain what each feature is and not simply say ' this menu lets you choose 'option 1' or 'option 2'. An explanation of possible uses for 'option 1' or 'option 2' and how these options would affect the script should be provided. More explanation about 'Listing Sections' and 'Our Dealers' would be an example. Needless to say, the English in the manual needs a little brushing too. I would gladly help with the English you like.

I hope it doesn't sound like a request for another script to be built :D , I would be very happy with 'Fields' alterations if you want to ignore the rest :D

Wishing you all at Flynax continued success.

Mike
February 10, 2011, 09:29 AM
Hello Motaz,

We keep in mind your request, we will investigate it more detailed when will work on this.

Rod Dale
October 31, 2011, 10:42 PM
Hello,

can you tell me, if there will be a manual payment?
That feature is very important for me.

Payment Gateways:

It would be fantastic if a 'Manual Payment' gateway could be created, whereby advertisers are able to pay for the listing offline for example at the bank or at an office to get their listing activated. This option would add the option to pay offline as well the online payment gateways.

John
June 6, 2012, 12:31 PM
Hello Rod,
Thanks for your offers, very useful ideas, we have released two plugins from your list:

Offline Payment Gateways
http://www.flynax.com/plugins/bankwiretransfer.html

Google Sitemap
http://www.flynax.com/plugins/sitemap.html

John