PDA

View Full Version : Photo Uploader Issue

Sui soon Chua
May 16, 2013, 07:45 AM
Hi,

Anyone of you faced below issues?

1) Auto Cropping & Cropping by users not functioning
2) Photo EXIF orientation flag caused Portrait image became horizontal when upload to listing. * see attachment

** Because of EXIF orientation flag exist in image file, MAC & Win8 Laptop will display the image orientation according to it.
** Article to understand more >>> http://www.impulseadventure.com/photo/exif-orientation.html
** Check EXIF here >>> http://regex.info/exif.cgi

Welcome your feedback

Viktor
May 16, 2013, 08:44 AM
Hello,

You can disable rotation, go to ftp://libs>>upload>>upload.php

find method: protected function orient_image($file_path) {

and on next line write code: return false;
save file and try again.
(I have implement it for you :) )
This instruction for other users who want disable rotation.

Sui soon Chua
May 16, 2013, 12:11 PM
Hi Viktor,

May be my message not clear, sorry.

Same file opened in different OS Win 7 & Win8.

Viktor
May 17, 2013, 02:59 AM
Hello Sui soon Chua,

May be we will integrate rotation functional for images in next version of the Flynax.

huyhnh12
June 26, 2013, 08:27 PM
Viktor,

Any update on my emails?

I was left with ALL thumbnails broken and now images are being uploaded distorted on a live site for everyone to see after the new uploader was installed.

If you're not willing to fix it, can you at least tell me how to?

Viktor
June 27, 2013, 03:20 AM
Hello,

I am checking your email right now. Don't worry I will fix uploader images.

huyhnh12
June 27, 2013, 12:53 PM
When?

The site has thousands of broken listings and hundreds of distorted images for two weeks now.

I posted the ticket on May 27. It's now June 27 and I am still chasing you to fix what was broken. It's extremely frustrating.

Viktor
June 28, 2013, 08:29 AM
Hello,

All our clients who have new uploader have good conditions and happy with it. But you want some difficult things that's why I cannot find good solutions for you. Also you changed ftp access and I couldn't login all this week.
But I want to help you and that you be happy too.

huyhnh12
June 29, 2013, 10:46 AM
Let's be clear so everyone knows what you did.

I mentioned the problem with the old uploader. You go ahead and change my files without backing up and without telling what files you were going to change - I did ask you and explained my concern of losing changes made in the site. But you don't answer my emails (classic Flynax fashion) and make the changes.

The changes you made in the new uploader breaks all of the thumbnails and deletes all images on the site - thousands of listings. The other listing type is now distorting all images.

After one month of endless follow up emails, little was done to fix the damage that Viktor made in the site. Then yesterday, he finally replies and say "sorry I can't fix it". And that answer came after several attempts of trying to blame me (?) and over 30 days of having a live site half working.

I changed FTP passwords because you caused more damage than helped. I am left with a site with thousands of broken thumbnails, a paid listing directory that the images are being uploaded distorted - all because a Flynax developer himself made changes without backing up. Hearing from a Flynax developer that he does not know how to fix the problem he caused is aggravating to say the least.

So now I have to go find a developer who is willing to pick up the mess you left and pay someone on top of what I already had paid to have it skinned in the first place.

You have the right to say whatever you want in your defense, but nothing justifies a developer not backing up files. If Flynax doesn't know what they are doing, they should not be charging 600 dollars for a script.

Roberto Melo
October 12, 2013, 02:01 AM
I 100% agree with huyhnh12, how they can sell a software for $600 that came with to many errors and for me doesn't work? If you read the forum you will see the words "error" "bugs", to many users spending $600 for a incomplete and full of errors software. HELLOOO, please, before sell it, test it, not only in your pc or browser.

Nguyen Dat tai
October 12, 2013, 03:24 AM
I agree with huyhnh12.

John
October 23, 2013, 09:03 AM
:) Roberto posted this $600 story all over the forum, also I want to say that 4.2 version has upload function updated,
please wait for update.

John