PDA

View Full Version : Support Chat Plugin

Steffen Buschkemper
May 4, 2013, 04:15 PM
Hi @ all,

I am thinking to program a support chat plugin.

Is anyone interested in a support chat plugin?
If so, what should include the plugin?

Best regards Steffen

Morgan Bohman
May 4, 2013, 04:50 PM
Hi Steffen,
I'm on it, I've been trying out some but haven't really stuck to anyone. For a chat plugin, I think it will contain:

1) ICON available or not
2)User have to insert name if not a logged in member and email address when clicking on Chat Support
3) Message from script when a user request help if admin not logged in. If logged in, pop window occurs
4) Log will be created in temp directory and user or admin can save to other folder
5) Ordinary chat window
6) I can think of a floating, like compare listings, button which could be selectable if it will show up left or right maybe top
7) Link inserting for pointing to urls
8) Images?
9) User view like remote assistance?

//Morgan

Steffen Buschkemper
May 4, 2013, 05:07 PM
Hi Morgan,

1) ICON available or not

You mean this :confused: or that :rolleyes:

2)User have to insert name if not a logged in member and email address when clicking on Chat Support

So I thought about it also.

3) Message from script when a user request help if admin not logged in. If logged in, pop window occurs

You mean online and offline function

4) Log will be created in temp directory and user or admin can save to other folder

I think it should be better stored in the database

5) Ordinary chat window

Unobtrusive chat window at the bottom right or left...?

6) I can think of a floating, like compare listings, button which could be selectable if it will show up left or right maybe top

and also

9) User view like remote assistance?

I do not quite understand what you mean... hmmm

//Steffen

Morgan Bohman
May 4, 2013, 05:27 PM
Hi Morgan,

You mean this :confused: or that :rolleyes: Yes

So I thought about it also.

You mean online and offline function

I think it should be better stored in the databaseYes

Unobtrusive chat window at the bottom right or left...?Chat window left or right

and also

I do not quite understand what you mea... hmmm

//Steffen

In some of the programs and scripts that I tried out, there was an IP window and you could see what page the user currently was at and if the user had some problems, you could actually see the browser view from you user in your screen.

Steffen Buschkemper
May 4, 2013, 05:35 PM
Hi Morgan

In some of the programs and scripts that I tried out, there was an IP window and you could see what page the user currently was at and if the user had some problems, you could actually see the browser view from you user in your screen.

Ok. I know what you mean.
The link to the page where the user is, would be no problem.
But real time remotely on its side is problematic. Do not think I can do that. We will see...

//Steffen

Steffen Buschkemper
May 4, 2013, 05:54 PM
I imagine it to be so.
In the admin panel the admin registered the support staff (team) with name and password.
So the staff can login to an external support page.

On the external support page the support staff can see requests of customers and can chat with them.
The chat log is stored in a database and can be viewed in the admin panel. Also delete if ok.

On the userinterface the customer can see if support online or offline.
Unless the customer has logged in or registered enter name and the email adress before chatting.

Oslo
May 4, 2013, 08:19 PM
+1

Hope be ready for final Champions League.

Steffen Buschkemper
May 4, 2013, 08:35 PM
Hi Oslo,

LoL - Bayern vs. Dortmund....
3 weeks... Hmmm
The hope dies last. :rolleyes:

//Steffen

Oslo
May 4, 2013, 10:13 PM
I will wait to your plugin, and test it on my website :)

You know Steffen, I like both club, still doesn't coming to the end in my mind, which I wanna win the final, but maybe wanna FC Bayern Munchen win the final, because BMW Gina (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy2PYRl78Us) are from Bayern :)

Steffen Buschkemper
May 4, 2013, 10:30 PM
I also think that in the final bayern will win
Nice car... :)

Oslo
May 8, 2013, 03:56 PM
Steffen, how is going bro? can you please update us with status of Support Chat Plugin?

Steffen Buschkemper
May 8, 2013, 06:54 PM
Hi Oslo,

I am working on it.
This will take a little time...
I will report here as soon as it is ready...

Best regards
Steffen

Morgan Bohman
May 11, 2013, 07:58 AM
Hi Steffen,
I'm just now trying this out http://mibew.org/ works very good with different language packs and a load of functions. It is open code so you might be inspired :-) You can test it on my site.

//Morgan

Lee Bliss
May 11, 2013, 01:34 PM
Hi there, I currently use http://www.providesupport.com/ I have placed it in a banner on the site. You are more than welcome to look and try at http:www.sell-it-buy-it.com