PDA

View Full Version : Displaying Seller Info optional on listing.

Geoffrey Doohan
May 3, 2013, 05:22 AM
There should be an option for the seller to be able to select whether he wants his information on his listing or not. As it is at the moment if it is mandatory to include your name and address in your account like it is on my site - the listing then includes this info on the listing page.

Not all people want to have their name and address listed on their listings.

Pete Young
May 3, 2013, 10:21 AM
can you provide a link / image screen shot to your concern area but i am most sure you just need to make a few edits as it is not compulsory / but lets look n see first.

Chris Brown
May 3, 2013, 01:14 PM
If you go to edit the fields in question you should be able to choose if the field is shown or not, theres option to show on google map, add a page, details page.

Geoffrey Doohan
May 3, 2013, 01:15 PM
I cant really display am image of what Im asking Pete.

Every listing has a tab called "Seller Info" which shows the sellers name and address. In his profile he has the option to hide or show his email address. He does not have the option to hide his personal information - name and address.

If he chooses not to show his email address then anyone interested can message him through the site. If he chooses to give his telephone number in the ad then people can call him - but he has the choice as to whether he gives it.

But, when he becomes a member he gives his name and address and I think that should be personal information not to be given out in "Seller Info" unless he chooses it to be. At the moment the only way I can stop that info being given out is if I take those fields out of the Registration process or make those fields optional. But I want to know who is registering on my site and want them to be a required field during registration.

I dont want to have to edit the listing page. Just give the user the option during registration - "Publish users Name and Address?". And have it editable in Users Profile just like the "Publish users Email?"

Chris, I don't want anonymous members posting listings.

Chris Brown
May 3, 2013, 01:39 PM
Yeah i can see what your saying if you want to know who signs up to your site.

Without having customisation the only other thing i can think of is to hide the registration address for example from listing details, by using the explanation in my previous post, but then creating a address field for the actual listings aswell which is optional to fill in. The downside to this is they will be filling in address at registration and also add listing

Pete Young
May 3, 2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah i can see what your saying if you want to know who signs up to your site.

Without having customisation the only other thing i can think of is to hide the registration address for example from listing details, by using the explanation in my previous post, but then creating a address field for the actual listings aswell which is optional to fill in. The downside to this is they will be filling in address at registration and also add listing

Chris is correct go to > AP > Accounts > Account fields >
Then

Make a registration field available to Administrator only
AP > Accounts > Account fields > Select a field > Click the Edit icon > Uncheck 'Show on Add a Page'
|| Make a registration field available to Administrator and ad owner only
AP > Accounts > Account fields > Select a field > Click the Edit icon > Uncheck 'Show on Detail Page'

Once you have done that you could create a visible field that could be left as optional that the user could fill in, this would allow for what you want / if not there would be another way to fix this.

Geoffrey Doohan
May 3, 2013, 09:56 PM
Pete, yes had a look at that - and had missed it thx.

The problem also is that I want dealers to advertise and they may want their business info published (user account) on their Page. A simple - "Publish User info" option would solve all. What Im trying to do is make this as easy as possible to upgrade when it comes time - no additional changes need to be made to the software to upgrade it.

Andree Gothe
June 24, 2013, 10:55 AM
Geoffrey, did you ever find out to solve this problem ?

I have the same problem with my users and really need a solution . I have only two user account types Business and Private , but i am not allowed to publish Private name or contact information and all Business users want and have to publish there information.

Marc Austin
July 6, 2013, 01:23 PM
Are you guys able to add an account field?

I tried adding the account field "Company Name" in the account fields area.... - selected Add A Page and Detail Page, but I don't see the new field showing up ANYWHERE! (either on the registration pages - OR the edit profile pages!) See attachments.....

GRRRRRRR!

I find it WEAK on the part of the software - that as a "Dealer" it doesn't have Company Name - rather displays First Name and Last name as the link to the COMPANY! Someone working as a DEALER (probably a manager - or salesperson, or peon!) - isn't going to want his/her First Name and Last name displaying!!!!

How do I add the company name to the profile page, then make THAT the link under dealers - and HIDE the first name / last name????

Each of these fields - first name / last name / address etc., should have the option to show or hide!

GETTING FRUSTRATED AND DISAPPOINTED.

Chris Brown
July 6, 2013, 03:00 PM
have you added the field to the relevent registartion forms in admin/accounts/account types/build form, there add the new field

Geoffrey Doohan
July 6, 2013, 10:36 PM
Yes Chris is right,

Fields dont show unless you add them via "Account Type Manage" "Build Fields" then select the Registration, Short or Search selection.

I have my sites set up like this and the Business name show great

Marc Austin
July 7, 2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah, works great - and very cool! Now how do I make the Company name the link under dealers - and not the first name / last name?

Thanks!

Chris Brown
July 7, 2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah, works great - and very cool! Now how do I make the Company name the link under dealers - and not the first name / last name?

Thanks!

I think you would need to change that in the correct tpl file.

Geoffrey Doohan
July 27, 2014, 10:20 PM
Ok for some reason not sure why but it seems a member cannot hide their name any more. It now shows the members name right at the top of the "Seller Info" tab.....

Where do I turn this off without editing the templates?

Viktor
July 28, 2014, 06:20 AM
Hello Geoffrey,

I have checked code and user cannot hide their name. Needs some changes in tpl and in php too.

Geoffrey Doohan
July 28, 2014, 07:26 AM
Hi Viktor,

Thank you for taking a look at the template. I could change to the flatty template as it isn't showing on that template, except I like the auto_main_blue too much :)

My members will just have to grin and bear it I'm afraid.

Once again, thx Viktor for your great support!!!

Viktor
July 28, 2014, 08:18 AM
hmmm I am glad to hear it but I didn't write nothing what can help you :)

Geoffrey Doohan
July 29, 2014, 10:02 PM
Hi Viktor,

Sometimes you may not have the answer we are looking for, but at least we get an answer. Not like a lot of other software producers.

I've been going to try the flatty template so maybe nows the time :)

Cheers

Viktor
July 30, 2014, 03:20 AM
Hello Geoffrey,

Flatty template very nice template but you need more patience and please save your nerves while you learn it because it's some difficulty for understanding in styles :)

Pete Young
August 8, 2014, 02:03 AM
Geoffrey, did you ever find out to solve this problem ?

I have the same problem with my users and really need a solution . I have only two user account types Business and Private , but i am not allowed to publish Private name or contact information and all Business users want and have to publish there information.

The answer to this problem is simple in itself, First is to make the Fields not required / remove the required Astrix from the fields, then in info add a snippet saying to leave blank if not to be shown.

when you do this the name does not show up on the screen but the user name, for this who want to collect data this could be done by adding name and address Fields in the registration but not the form views and making them a required field.

Then put those required Fields above the set one in the build form option and put notes, required but not shown to the public, below that would be the original ones that would say optional use if required to show to the public.