PDA

View Full Version : Renew / Upgrade Listing Plan ?

Pete Young
May 2, 2013, 07:30 AM
When renewing or upgrading a listing plan the start date stays the same and as such when people repay to renew their plan it is not raised to the top again as it does not read the date of last update of the plan.

This should when somebody renews a plan place it at the top of the featured ( or non featured listings ) this does happen and would get me mad if i was paying good dollars to renew a featured plan and the update was left buried in the depths of the deep ?

Is this how it is supposed to be / or how do I set things to be listed in date of added / last updated / renewed ?

Morgan Bohman
May 2, 2013, 12:38 PM
I totally agree with you Pete. If I renew or upgrade my listing it should be at top as this is a motivator to do the payment. I think it is the same with price reduction on a listing which need to show the original price like strike through and the new, lowered price as red text or something.

//Morgan

Chris Brown
May 2, 2013, 04:26 PM
It would be nice if the posted date updated if the ad was updated, as i kinda use the date to show how uptodate the listings are. As some dealers have cars on that are still unsold after like 8 months, and if the date isnt updated the listing looks old and possibly out of date even though it isnt

Pete Young
May 2, 2013, 11:20 PM
Reading the replies I am a little amazed that this is how things work and more so why it still is this way. I have spent in the many thousands of dollars upgrading featured ads in large classifieds sites for the very reason to put them back at the top. Like everything position is important, look at giggle ads, you pay for position.

Not having this happen makes the package ads a waste of time in that why buy a package of ads ( at a reduced cost ) or just updating any ad paid or free / if when we use them they stay buried. why even have the renew listing plan option at all, this just needs to be removed and every time it expires have people create a new ad so it can be lifted to the top. If every flynax classified site is like this, it seems to be a huge oversight and needs a patch / fix / plug-in / anything to have this fixed, I am at a loss how people market their featured listings / any upgrades using the system as it is.

The Listing date column should read Listed / Updated and work in that date format or it would need to work on two dates listed and that is what it is and updated for what that is with the first use being the listed date as well.

Pete Young
May 5, 2013, 03:06 AM
Surprised at no response at all from flynax or others on this / maybe nobody see's this as a major flaw in all flynax sites (if they all work like this), but I am not sure how people make money with their sites when the process to make money by selling featured ads is flawed. I know myself if I paid to upgrade / renew featured ads and they stayed buried it would be the first and last time I would pay for that and I would feel ripped off.

I will raise a ticket to ask if this is an oversight / flaw if not I will see if there is a quick fix or if it will be a paid mod ?

Steffen Buschkemper
May 5, 2013, 08:21 AM
Good morning Pete,

You are right. This is a poor and should be resolved quickly.
In contrast to many other my website is not online yet and this for good reason.
The script is not ready yet for me to go online. After all, it is a good script.

I think that this problem thread would be better cared for in the Bug Reports area.

Many mistakes i see when i am working on script. Some solutions i will find here - other i solve myself.
It is a pity that many problems only would be solved via ticket.
When you consider how many customers use this script here..

I hope that the solution for this problem will be published here in this forum.
Because my website is currently only local on my pc and raise a ticket is there a bad solution.

Best regards
Steffen

Pete Young
May 30, 2013, 02:02 PM
A Quick Update On this Thread.

I submitted a ticket and working with flynax / Viktor we were able to run a quick update to the site ( for a low worthwhile cost ) and the result was as I wanted where all updates now carry an updated listing date bringing them back to the top. Could not be happier with how that works.

The Added bonus is the new product that I was able to create where in the listings plans I have done a reverse plan and called it BUMP and to explain this I have a regular featured plan that lists for 90 days featured at a price of $2.95

And now I have now created a bump plan that has 90 uses and will list for one day and costs $2.95, what will happen here is people can buy the bump plan and they can over time bump their listings up to the top 90 times.

Well worth the upgrade so check in a ticket and check with Viktor.

Steffen Buschkemper
July 24, 2013, 01:43 AM
It would be nice if Victor would be make a statement here in this thread.

Why you will make a bug to a custom feature ( for a low worthwhile cost ) ?
Why is there a renew or upgrade listing feature, if it does not work?

If i renew a listing, then it turned again and goes back to the top.
Everything else makes no sense. People must pay for that.

Therefore treat this problem as a bug in the script and not as a customization. ;)

Wei Hong
October 15, 2013, 04:46 AM
I agree. It took so long for me to take care of some minor bugs. Now I just realized that the renew feature does not work. How so?
Its called renew, not reactivate or something like that. It should be renew as a new listing.

Petrache Nicolae
October 20, 2013, 11:05 AM
i agree as well. this should work by default, not by some custom, payed work. flynax should present a solution here similar to what Viktor did as custom work to fix this bug.

Beau
December 12, 2013, 12:20 AM
Does anyone know how I can add a "Last updated" date to each listing?

Kemoid Wilson
December 12, 2013, 01:52 AM
Does anyone know how I can add a "Last updated" date to each listing?

I think it is included in v4.2