PDA

View Full Version : Metatags, Menus, Database, Plans

Anthony Okafor
August 7, 2010, 11:45 AM
Hi,

1- How can I make each listing have its own keywords Metatag to show in the details page of that listing when viewing pagesource? Wherby new listing forms have a keyword field and it's content are placed in the Keyword Metatag instead of <meta name="Keywords" content="" />

How can the title be cleaner without all the &#171 and browse category; characters that are added to the Metatag 'title'?

Example:

<title>

iPhone

&#171;
Cell Phones

&#171;
Electronics

&#171;
Browse Categories

::
General Classified Software (Demo Website)

</title>

2 - Can the script have a manual payment gateway? For example somebody buys a plan but instead of being taken to Paypal or 2checkout, to be informed the they must make a payment at the offices or at a bank.

3 - Can each plan have different amount of allowed characters?

Example:
Silver: 2000 char
Gold 3000 char

4 - Can menus for pages have submenus?
Whereby you add a page that says 'Rates' then that page tab can have submenus:

Example:

Rates
Plans
How To Pay
Payment Methods

5- When deleting a field from the admin panel, the keys of that field still remain on the database and also appear in the language file. How can this be fixed.

Kiowa Nieuwoudt
August 16, 2010, 11:22 AM
Hi Motaz,

I think the first step is to make sure that your server or hosting package has Apache rewrites enabled. If your website is running on IIS, then I'm not sure that this will be an option.

the next step, is to go into the 'Flynax backend - configurations - General' and make sure that the Enable Apache rewrite is set to Enabled.

What I also did was go into configuration - categories and enable the 'use .html postfix for categories to change the URL from a .../?topic=34 to a nicer ../some-listing-category.html

As for changing the actual listing URL, I was under the impression that it lifted the contents of the headline field and used this as the basis for the URL ending. I have posted a similar question this morning, as mine isn't doing this at the moment either.

Mark

Anthony Okafor
August 19, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

I have managed to get the script to display correctly in page source with the help of Linda at Flynax.

As far as the title and what is actually picked up and displayed, it can be set from within the categories themselves. When creating a new category, you can go into categories>build (that's the little icon with two cogs, right of each menu). Inside the build editor, you have 3 options, Short Form, Listing Title Form and Featured Form. From the 'Title Form' you can apply to form any fields you wish to have the script pick up from and display on page title. Make sure the fields you wish to appear on the title of each ad are actually added to the category first.

That previous step gets the title tag of each ad to pick up and display any fields of any particular category of your choice. However, a bit of code editing in the title tag is needed in >templates/your-template/tpl/header.tpl and that's when Flynax support is essential so you could get rid of all those weird characters trailing under the title.

I wouldn't mind sending you the edited title tag from my header in templates but to be honest, as I didn't edit the code myself, I wouldn't be sure it wouldn't mess up your script if you were to replace your tag with it.