PDA

View Full Version : Better Classifieds

Pete Young
April 1, 2013, 11:38 AM
I wrote a little while back about a option to print flyer's / cards etc ( from memory ) / Decided to build a working model, and maybe one day this can be turned into a plug-in that is link some how directly to the ad so that users can print straight from the ad.

For now it will create tear tab flyer's that can be put to numerous uses / garage sale signs and drop cards.

The tear tab flyer's and drop cards can be teamed up as in the example for the car, a user would use the car rego as the sub directory and then they could create a flyer to stick to the window of the car, I have seen other sites do this or similar the difference here when people are looking they can take a tear tab ( important people do not stick these inside if they have tinted windows.

In addition are the drop cards / printed out business card size cards people can easily hand to their mates if talking about their car for sale / both options aid the advertiser and in turn promote your site. ( these can be printed on plain paper and cut out or the blank business cards can be used for a more pro look and feel )

also designed some flexible garage sale signs.

Feel free to download the app (its just and excel file and use it your self with your own branding if you like it. / if it works out and it ends up a plug-in then all will be good. ( you will need to remove the orange arrow as it is a trademark and replace it with your own logo )

Cheers
Pete

Pete Young
April 1, 2013, 12:12 PM

Great for self promotion as well.

Morgan Bohman
April 1, 2013, 01:03 PM
Thanks Pete, nice idea!

//Morgan

Geir Larsen
April 1, 2013, 09:21 PM
Thank you pete, really nice:)

Geir

John
April 2, 2013, 10:53 AM
Hi Pete, Guys...
I think it is great idea but can't imagine how the plugin should work to help you with such tear tab flyer's and drop cards.
We will think about it, you may share your idea as well. Thanks!

John

Chris Brown
April 2, 2013, 09:34 PM
I think the best way to do something as a plugin, especially for the auto classifieds is to create a plugin for a window display for users to be able to print and stick in their car window. Dealers may also use this for an easy way to put specs on their cars in the dealership forcourt.

I would say it needs to fit on one page a4 size, with large title, maybe an image, all the basic spec details, and phone and price in large viewable letters. (not forgetting website logo and url to view online listing, may work as a little advertising aswell)